McKinley High School football head coach Marcus Wattley, seven assistant coaches suspended

you are hoping, but much like your bounce after excusing hall and finding the right guy even if he wasn't the first choice, he has made an impact to get things going in right direction, and how couldn't he with all his recruits.
McK has the potential to land someone who can do the same. Things aren't as bleak as you would hope.
Except even with Hall the Tigers went 57-25 and 6-3 against mck.
mck has been getting recruits and still hasn’t done much of anything the last 10 years, on the bright side you have beat us twice. ?

McK has the potential to land someone who can do the same.
Who ? Let’s say Wattley and the other 7 guys are let go next week. Who would be some of the high profile HC’s that would apply ? Not to mention that guy will need to bring in 6-7 other coaches in late June at the earliest.
If he is gone this will be the 8th HC in a row that will not have lasted more then 5 years at mck so yes things are very bleak there. Shame.... ?

Why is this a bad look for the league. Why group the actions of one or a few and then say their actions reflect negatively on the rest of the league. That absolutely makes no sense and is illogical.
Get a grip. It was a ridiculous response to the ridiculous post directly above.

Who ? Let’s say Wattley and the other 7 guys are let go next week. Who would be some of the high profile HC’s that would apply ? Not to mention that guy will need to bring in 6-7 other coaches in late June at the earliest.
If he is gone this will be the 8th HC in a row that will not have lasted more then 5 years at mck so yes things are very bleak there. Shame.... ?
I actually agree with you on this, I don't think this job is attractive as it once was. Will be very interesting to see who applies if/when this thing opens up. especially if this is a serious hazing incident

You would have a better chance of recruiting Thom's son Ben, currently on the coaching staff at the University of Michigan to come back to Canton to coach McKinley football team.

You would have a better chance of recruiting Thom's son Ben, currently on the coaching staff at the University of Michigan to come back to Canton to coach McKinley football team.
Except he is now on the Houston Texans coaching staff. I can’t imagine him leaving the NFL to coach a high school team, nor can I imagine his Dad telling him it would be a great career move.

McKinley just may be beyond the point of no return. It's happened to many schools, some bounce back after down periods (Mooney), some never return (St. Joe). McKinley's flirtation with mediocrity is approaching, duration wise, the dreaded point of no return.
this is silly.. McKinley is a big school and will be back. You just want more recruits. Why don't you be honest and admit without recruits your team would only be an average Federal league team at best.

this is silly.. McKinley is a big school and will be back. You just want more recruits. Why don't you be honest and admit without recruits your team would only be an average Federal league team at best.
Over the last 10 years what has given you any inclination that will happen ??
If mckinley is so great why would players ever want to leave ?

At this juncture, you'd have to be thinking interim coach.

I get the Massillon/McKinley rivalry and the emotion (but not some of the behavior) that goes along with it, but for the rest of us NEO football is a lot more fun when teams like McK, Harding, etc. are strong. As such, I have to hope this eventually leads to better times for the McK football program.

Canton Mckinley is slowly becoming the next GlenOak or Cleveland JFK, just sayin
First of all, GlenOak will be back to where they were eventually. It might take a few years but they will.

Second, while McKinley is not what they once were and will probably never be on a consistent basis, the program will be fine. This is definitely a setback that might take them back a year or two but with a large enrollment and first class athletic facilities I would be willing to bet that they will be fine.

1622222906548.jpeg

This guy is looking for a job.

First of all, GlenOak will be back to where they were eventually. It might take a few years but they will.
I'm not so sure about that. GlenOak has collapsed to the point where they couldn't even score a point in five straight games. I started a thread a few months ago asking what's going on over there, and that place is a mess. While I can't confirm this personally, I have heard rumors of problems with gangs as well as racial tension at the school. I do know that there has been a lot of players (not just football) transfer out of GlenOak. Their football team has had very low numbers and couldn't even compete with Green and Lake (who aren't even two thirds of Glen Oak's size in terms of enrollment). Fan support has dropped off as well. I remember counting less than 50 people on the visitors side when GO came to Green in 2019.

I hope they turn it around, but I don't see how they get back to competing for league titles again like they did 5-10 years ago.

Betcha there will be some public apologies, sensitivity training and a low level assistant will be forced to fall on the sword. Nothing more to see here, on with the 2021 season.

I'm not so sure about that. GlenOak has collapsed to the point where they couldn't even score a point in five straight games. I started a thread a few months ago asking what's going on over there, and that place is a mess. While I can't confirm this personally, I have heard rumors of problems with gangs as well as racial tension at the school. I do know that there has been a lot of players (not just football) transfer out of GlenOak. Their football team has had very low numbers and couldn't even compete with Green and Lake (who aren't even two thirds of Glen Oak's size in terms of enrollment). Fan support has dropped off as well. I remember counting less than 50 people on the visitors side when GO came to Green in 2019.

I hope they turn it around, but I don't see how they get back to competing for league titles again like they did 5-10 years ago.
You could’ve said the same thing about Perry at one point. While Garcia is certainly not Wakefield, I do expect the foundation to be built back again. It’s not an overnight makeover but sometime within the next five or so years they can be back to where they were.

the district may have a S&C coordinator, most larger districts do
I get that but according to the paper all the coaches were at this particular training session, and 1 S&C coach could not possibly handle all 90 plus players for a training session unless broken down into smaller groups