McKinley football 2019

I love a DEFENSIVE minded Head Coach. "WE can't lose, IF THEY can't score."

GO PUPS! Good luck to all (with nine more weeks of Good Luck to the Tigers :) )

sam McK'68
I loved everything about what he had to say and how he said it. He is a thoroughly modern man @ 37 who can really, really relate to kids. He has a great staff who will be playing their role in the development of our young men as well, both on and off the field, and the two coordinators are former head coaches themselves. Pure quality. It's easy to see why he already has a reputation as a coach kids love to play for.

He said he feel very blessed to be Head Coach @ our great and storied program. But I feel it is us who are even more blessed to have him.

The circumstances under which this has occurred is the stuff of wild imagination. When Reardon left, I thought privately we would be in some serious doo doo lol, but I always kept the faith. And the untimely firing of Tommy Bowden @ Akron U. allowed Coach Wattley the chance to come to our rescue, which he has. And now he intends to make this his longtime program and take us back to the regular state championship contention we crave along the way. DEFENSE wins championships! Early days, but win or lose, I'm all in for this guy! He's already one of us. He gets Canton and embraced the challenge with a confidence we've rarely seen here before.

Always, always keep the faith!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

As a reminder of just how tough our region is, Mentor just knocked off St. Edward in Lakewood.

Always, always keep the faith!

More good news in the press with today's Cleveland Plain Dealer. In Div 1, Reg 1, THE PUPS are picked to finish in the 6th spot for the playoffs. Listed in order ahead of McK are: St Eds, Mentor, St Ignatius, Solon, and Euclid.

Good luck to THE PUPS! Good luck to all, and always "KEEP THE FAITH." sam McK'68

One could question how a projected first round playoff game against St. Ignatius is good news. ;)

One could question how a projected first round playoff game against St. Ignatius is good news. ;)

After Mentor just beat St. Edward, I would say that we play in the Region of Morte. No gimmes no matter who you play this year as in most. But while nobody really wants a first-rounder @ St. Ignatius, it is nice to see Cleveland press is projecting us to finish 6 in the state's toughest region this year. Hopefully, we can get a top 4 and host a first rounder.

I like and respect Mck. Truly great and known powerhouse team. Your problem will be beating your own selves. Stay focused You will run wild in the Federal league. I hope the former Fighting Irish Coach comes to understand the tradition of MCK. True champion.

just a fan said: "One could question how a projected first round playoff game against St. Ignatius is good news. ;) "

Hi JAF, Good to hear from you. Regarding your comment, I would say that it is always a good thing to reach the playoffs - IMO, it means that we are on the right path, AND we have the talent to compete.

Being with EDS, IGGY, and Mentor would be no easy task for sure, but they can only put Eleven men on the field at one time. And, it is better to be competing in the playoffs than just to be sitting at home. :)

GO PUPS! Beat WGH, and Good Luck to all, sam

Raymo wrote: "Got my ticket for Warren and free pass for the Euclid game...BAM! Life is sure good at times...GO BULLDOGS!"
----------------------------

Raymo, We just got our tickets on Thursday. Please drop by Section 222 and say hello. Yes, life sure can be good at times!

GO PUPS! Beat WGH. Good luck to all. BAM! :) sam McK'68

GameDay Bulldogs,season opener with your new Coach and Staff so have some fun and enjoy the moment.GO BULLDOGS!...BAM!

I’m so ready for tonight. My son has been playing all the marching band stand tunes at full blast in his room since 9 am. They’re off school. I’m off work. He doesn’t report to the game until 4:30. Help! Lol. Go Pups!!!

Kicking game will kill the Bulldogs this season,going to cost them a few.

While the kicking game was problematic, I think there are far bigger concerns after tonight's game. A win is a win, but there is much work to be done if McKinley is going to compete in the Fed.

Warren has a good Qb who can throw strikes. Coach Arnold dialed up some really good plays designed to exploit McKinley's inexperience with their new defense and especially the secondary. They had to, because McKinley was difficult to run against. McKinley ran well and will get better passing the ball. First game jitters for the new QB maybe? He got better as the game went. His ball faking was good and he is fast. As the others said, kicking game could use a lot of practice and maybe a soccer player lol . We'll only get better each week. Credit to Warren- they played their butts off and gave everything. they had. Credit to our guys for always keeping the faith! Love those new helmets! Coach Wattley begins his McKinley career with a W. Awesome!

Some random thoughts;

1. (Mck) Lamier Garrett carried 28 times for 245 yds, 3 TDs and made the game ending sack of the WGH QB

( McK) QB Wesley passing was 2 of 8 for minus one yd. (He did have 3 BIG drops/overthrows... He carried 11 times for 114 yds)

(WGH) QB was 22/39 for 341 yds and 2 interceptions... WGH team had 81 rushing yds on 25 carries.

2. Despite broken plays, misconnections, and a few penalties, THE PUPS never quit when they easily could have. We need to be PROUD of this team (flaws and all).

3. The fireworks through out the game were worth the price of admission. Just a great job.

4. The McK band was greatly enjoyable. Easily one of their better performances over the last few years.

5. To WGH - You guys were filled with pride and never gave up. You had the scoring lead going into the 4th Q. You will win your share this year, and I wish you success.

Good luck to all, GO PUPS! sam McK'68 (Stats from Fridaynightohio.)

Tough loss for Harding, but there's so much to build on. Garrett is so strong for McKinley and Wesley did a great job of making plays with his legs. Both teams have areas of improvement, but both fan bases should be very excited about this year. Best of luck to the Bulldogs moving forward!

Best McKinley-Harding game in a good 20 years!

The staff needs to work with the DBS to cover and be in correct position and receivers to run crisp route and catch the ball when young QB is on target.He threw a few bad passes but he has it all to get better,strong arm and has a nice ball.