McKinley football 2019

For those of us who are going to the game tonight, AND love to follow the Offensive line, please note the following:

#78 is now Chase Habib, Senior, 6'4, 295 lbs. - formerly Habib wore #51 - and that explains the "mystery" lineman of last week - cantonmckinley.com does NOT give you this info. I had to go to Maxpreps.

So, now, I was going to give the line-up for tonight. BUT, not so fast. The rosters between cantonmckinley.com and maxpreps do NOT match. Specifically, two different athletes are shown wearing #54 for the guard position.

Here is the deal. I am going to the game tonight, and I will buy yet another game program, and get to the bottom of who is who on the line(???). Hopefully, that is what I will do. Good luck to all, sam (PS - NO guessing!. Only provide info if you absolutely know it is valid. Thanks.)

(PPS - just looking down the two rosters in front of me, cantonmckinley.com & Maxpreps, Manny Powell is listed on the first one, but not the second (???). Also, Khalil Walker has TWO different jersey numbers. Darn it! I may just end up calling the athletic office.)

Did you check the roster on friday night ohio?

Just A Fan wrote, "Did you check the roster on friday night ohio?"
-----------------------------

JAF, Thank you very kindly, and I appreciate the help. My problem now is that I have TOO MANY rosters.

1. The Warren game program
2. cantonmckinley.com
3. maxpreps
4. the Fridaynightohio.com
5. the Jackson game program which I will buy tonight.

(The first four ALL have problems.)

I believe my best bet is to go to the game tonight. See what numbered jerseys are on the field, look at the approx height and weight of the athletes, consult tonight's program roster, and go with what makes sense. That is my plan, and I will keep my fingers crossed for good luck.

After the game, with travel time back to Cleveland, I will post my findings around midnight (with a disclaimer). GO PUPS! Good luck to you, and to all. sam

I keep going back and forth on who is going to win the game tonight.If both teams play there best and McKinley's OL is healthy i think the Bulldogs should win.That means the OL is opening holes for Garrett and he runs for 150+ yards.That means our QB throws for over 100 yards and runs for over 100 yards.Good luck Bulldogs!!

GO BULLDOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are still leaving too many points on the field. Not enough short passes and way too many drive killing lower percentage long passes. No slants, no curls, no crossing patterns. This game tonight should've been a blowout tbh. But just like the Lake game, we are forcing the long ball way too much and killing drives as a result. It's nice when it works....Also third and 5 at the other team's 35 calls for a short pass and / or run. It's a 2 down situation given our D. Field position in that situation is less important than keeping a drive alive imho. I don't know what's up with possible injuries on the lines, so I will reserve further judgement on the strategizing lol.

One other thing. If the other team has a third and 25, no way should the D backs let anyone get behind them. But overall, I was pleased that we got out of there with the win as the refs missed a lot of Jackson holding and a couple of other big things as per usual..If you let teams hang around, it can come back and bite you!

Congrats to Jackson on the tremendous effort their kids made and they had the best fan support tonight I've ever seen over there ! .We were maybe just a little too big and strong this year. It wears opponents down. Good luck the rest of the way.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Last edited:
JJBulldog wrote, " ... (The Pups) were maybe just a little too big and strong this year. It wears opponents down...."
---------------------------------

It took a while, but here is what I have on our Offensive line:

#52 - CENTER - D.J.Owens - SR, 6'2, 220... Also starts on the DL (one really tough kid)

#54 - Rt Guard - Myron Coblentz - JR, 5'11, 235

#72 - Lt Guard - Stefan Monohan - SO, 6'6, 305

#78 - Rt Tackle - Chase Habib - SR, 6'4, 295 (formerly wore #51, then switched to current #78. See Maxpreps roster and Jackson game program roster to verify.)

#56 - Lt Tackle - Bradley Newman - SR, 6'0, 255

#81 - Tight End - Jasper Robinson - SR, 6'5, 245 Also lines up as a WR, WB, and also plays some DL.
--------------
Also, injured and did not play - # 76 - Kahlil Walker - SO, 6'4, 295
----------------

Note: these guys are a talented group, and they have been known to switch positions among themselves.

The play of our Offensive Line is a beautiful thing to watch... GO PUPS! Good luck to all, sam

BigBulldog wrote, " I keep going back and forth on who is going to win the game tonight.If both teams play there best and McKinley's OL is healthy i think the Bulldogs should win.That means the OL is opening holes for Garrett and he runs for 150+ yards.That means our QB throws for over 100 yards and runs for over 100 yards.Good luck Bulldogs!! "
---------------------------------------

BigBulldog, I think you hit the TRIFECTA:

1. "Garrett runs for 150+ yds" - (CHECK - Garrett ran for 165 yds.)

2. "Our QB throws for over 100 yds" - (CHECK - Wesley threw for 137 yds.)

3. "Our QB runs for over 100 yds." - (CHECK - Wesley ran for 112 yds.)

BBD, very nicely done - Please take your Victory lap! :)

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO BIGBULLDOG! sam

Massillon#82 wrote, "Back in the 90’s I went to Valdosta, GA just as a day trip on my way to Florida... "
--------------------------------

Great story... WHO cares ????... come back in week ten ... You do NOT belong here now...

Massillon#82 wrote, "Back in the 90’s I went to Valdosta, GA just as a day trip on my way to Florida... "

Great story... WHO cares ????... come back in week ten ... You do NOT belong here now...
Learn how to use the reply feature for starters and on top of that I posted that on Tuesday and it’s now Saturday. So clearly you must care enough to reply back to it. Let’s get one thing straight I will go wherever I choose to on this website, this isn’t China or Russia.

M#82 wrote, "... I will go wherever I choose to on this website... "
------------------------

How about spreading the wealth a bit and go post on the Akron Hoban threads ??? Let's see you run your mouth over there! And, learn how to use the word "TO" :)

M#82 wrote, "... I will go wherever I choose to on this website... "
------------------------

How about spreading the wealth a bit and go post on the Akron Hoban threads ??? Let's see you run your mouth over there! And, learn how to use the word "TO" :)
He can't help it Spyro. They are for the most part a delusional and arrogant fan base. This is all they have. They can't talk about winning a title. They've never done it. They can't talk about basketball. They NEVER beat us. Or in really any other sport. Yea they've had a few good years in Track. But couldn't win it all. The Bulldogs have in track too. So years of not winning creates misery. So I've learned to let them be miserable and talk. Hopefully not on our threads though because they tend to be a little unrealistic and annoying.

I keep going back and forth on who is going to win the game tonight.If both teams play there best and McKinley's OL is healthy i think the Bulldogs should win.That means the OL is opening holes for Garrett and he runs for 150+ yards.That means our QB throws for over 100 yards and runs for over 100 yards.Good luck Bulldogs!!

GO BULLDOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBulldog was right.

Lets go Pups!!

BigBulldog wrote, " I keep going back and forth on who is going to win the game tonight.If both teams play there best and McKinley's OL is healthy i think the Bulldogs should win.That means the OL is opening holes for Garrett and he runs for 150+ yards.That means our QB throws for over 100 yards and runs for over 100 yards.Good luck Bulldogs!! "
---------------------------------------

BigBulldog, I think you hit the TRIFECTA:

1. "Garrett runs for 150+ yds" - (CHECK - Garrett ran for 165 yds.)

2. "Our QB throws for over 100 yds" - (CHECK - Wesley threw for 137 yds.)

3. "Our QB runs for over 100 yds." - (CHECK - Wesley ran for 112 yds.)

BBD, very nicely done - Please take your Victory lap! :)

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO BIGBULLDOG! sam
However, unlike me, he picked Jackson in the "Federal League Picks Week 7" thread lol. I never doubted our Dogs would win. They will win out and host game 1 D1 R1!

Greeting the McKinley team upon their entrance to Jackson's field was none other than the greatest nose guard to ever play the game at this level, STAN JACKSON! Stan Jackson led McKinley to Stark County's very first State Championship win in 1981 and looked ready to play some more!

Congrats on the big W. I had Mckinley sharing the FL title before the season but should win it outright. GO is a well-placed bye week. No need to remind about Perry just get it done this year and Benson will be rocking week 10.

Congrats on the big W. I had Mckinley sharing the FL title before the season but should win it outright. GO is a well-placed bye week. No need to remind about Perry just get it done this year and Benson will be rocking week 10.
Barring injury, I have no doubt we win out and host a playoff game week 11. Go Bulldogs! Go Tigers!

I'm so happy!! I quess our OL is healthy.And we have one Big OL that will be coming back shortly from injury. We will return 3 starters on the OL next year!! We also return a very good RB and QB next year!! I'm so proud of our defense...They showed up Big time!!

GO BULLDOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!