Mater Dei vs St John Bosco

False!
I was at the game and the final was 34 to 0, but if you would have been at the game it didn't feel like a blowout that it was. Physically they were equal teams but Bosco's skill kids were too much for X. X was in the redzone 4 times in the first half turning it over twice going into the endzone. Don't just make crap up. We're in the internet era
I watched the whole game on TV, sometimes that gives you a better vantage point. Went back and looked at the results. You were correct on the score but everything else was pretty accurate. Bosco dominated total yards, etc….this was also a St. X team that won state.

edit: 494 yards to 151, there is a talent disparity.

It's a great opportunity for these young people. That's really the only thing that's important.
I don’t give one rip about National high school teams, but I have to ask: what opportunities are these kids getting that they couldn’t get elsewhere? With recruiting being a zero-sum game, there are a finite number of “opportunities” out there, right?

I don’t give one rip about National high school teams, but I have to ask: what opportunities are these kids getting that they couldn’t get elsewhere? With recruiting being a zero-sum game, there are a finite number of “opportunities” out there, right?
If the only thing they get out of playing for a program like these is a college scholarship, you are correct.

Trinity league is the best High school ball in the country, not sure there is even a close second. The talent, coaching, size, speed of these teams is just insane. CJ Stroud came from this league.

Also Allen is not the best team in Texas, probably top 10 but not number 1. Only the best teams in a top state should be playing these teams....
CJ Stroud went to Rancho Cucamonga (a public school) which isn't in the Trinity League (all private schools). The schools in the Baseline League which is in San Bernardino county not Orange County which where most of the Trininity League schools are from. Despite having over 3300 students, that school usually plays in D3 or D4 in SoCal.

Again, they can openly recruit the entire LA area. Prior to 2013, they sucked. Bosco was really the first school in the Trinity League to sell out, MD followed suit a few yrs later. And I’m no traditionalist, I just don’t think these are actual HS teams.
St John Bosco has always had a strong football program, its just in recent years with them upgrading their facilities and being more inclusive they have been able to get the better individual athletes from their area. SJB is pretty much in the same area as Long Beach Poly and other historical powerhouse public schools like Carson, Narbonne and Los Alamitos, and in recent years most of the top talent in that area particularly among the Samoan and other Pacific Islander communities are sending their kids to Private schools.

I watched the whole game on TV, sometimes that gives you a better vantage point. Went back and looked at the results. You were correct on the score but everything else was pretty accurate. Bosco dominated total yards, etc….this was also a St. X team that won state.

edit: 494 yards to 151, there is a talent disparity.
Definitely a talent disparity considering one of SJB's best players Wyatt Davis (Ohio State) didn't even play in the game.

St John Bosco has always had a strong football program, its just in recent years with them upgrading their facilities and being more inclusive they have been able to get the better individual athletes from their area. SJB is pretty much in the same area as Long Beach Poly and other historical powerhouse public schools like Carson, Narbonne and Los Alamitos, and in recent years most of the top talent in that area particularly among the Samoan and other Pacific Islander communities are sending their kids to Private schools.
They were never a national powerhouse before Negro got there.

Definitely a talent disparity considering one of SJB's best players Wyatt Davis (Ohio State) didn't even play in the game.
St X star offensive lineman didn't play. The starting qb was hobbled and didn't play in the 4th. Everyone played for Bosco that was supposed to including their really fast qb.

So, you make a game thread about a huge game between 2 of the best in the country, and nobody discusses the actual game. Instead everyone argues about their recruiting and how they should both be national football factories like IMG and how Ohio teams would fare against them badly yet nobody posts the final score on a game thread. Just freaking stupid!

So, you make a game thread about a huge game between 2 of the best in the country, and nobody discusses the actual game. Instead everyone argues about their recruiting and how they should both be national football factories like IMG and how Ohio teams would fare against them badly yet nobody posts the final score on a game thread. Just freaking stupid!
Well with that Mater Dei won 17 to 7

St X star offensive lineman didn't play. The starting qb was hobbled and didn't play in the 4th. Everyone played for Bosco that was supposed to including their really fast qb.
Buddy. I root for Ohio schools, especially back when they did the kirk herbstriet Ohio vs. USA games. Rea'l Mitchell could've ran for 400 if he wanted. The trinity league is better than the GCL. Reigning heisman is a Mater dei guy. 04 Colerain and 07 X are the only Cincy schools who can come close.

Buddy. I root for Ohio schools, especially back when they did the kirk herbstriet Ohio vs. USA games. Rea'l Mitchell could've ran for 400 if he wanted. The trinity league is better than the GCL. Reigning heisman is a Mater dei guy. 04 Colerain and 07 X are the only Cincy schools who can come close.
Stop with the hyper bowl. The game played out like it was supposed to. Mitchell a 98 yard td and was bottled up he remainder of the game. The Trinity league is better than the GCL mainly because there are more teams in the league with better quarterback. I had a travel radius of Indianapolis to Louisville back in the day and didn't miss one Ohio vs USA game. That St. John Bosco wouldn't crack the top 20 of best high school football teams I've seen.

Stop with the hyper bowl. The game played out like it was supposed to. Mitchell a 98 yard td and was bottled up he remainder of the game. The Trinity league is better than the GCL mainly because there are more teams in the league with better quarterback. I had a travel radius of Indianapolis to Louisville back in the day and didn't miss one Ohio vs USA game. That St. John Bosco wouldn't crack the top 20 of best high school football teams I've seen.
List 5 teams that dominated an Ohio D1 state champion more than 494 yards to 151.

List 5 teams that dominated an Ohio D1 state champion more than 494 yards to 151.
Warren Central, IN 2003
Louisville Trinity, KY 2002 off the top of my head and that St. X team lost 4 other games. They were close to getting bounced in the first 3 rounds.

Warren Central, IN 2003
Louisville Trinity, KY 2002 off the top of my head and that St. X team lost 4 other games. They were close to getting bounced in the first 3 rounds.
Warren central lost 2 games, Trinity needed OT to win state in KY. SJB outscored X by 10 and 11 more points than both those teams beat Elder. Couldn’t look up stats that far back but can’t imagine it’s much worse than 494 to 151.

Warren central lost 2 games, Trinity needed OT to win state in KY. SJB outscored X by 10 and 11 more points than both those teams beat Elder. Couldn’t look up stats that far back but can’t imagine it’s much worse than 494 to 151.
Louisville Trinity indeed did need over time to beat one of those at least 20 teams I mentioned, that were better than the St. John Bosco team that beat St. X.
Louisville Male was every bit as good as Louisville Trinity who was led by Brian Brohm. Louisville Male was led by Michael Bush. Bush and Brohm could have went to any D1 program in the country they wanted.
Warren Central rushed for over 400 yards on Elder. If you thought Goody ran the option well at Colerain, you should have seen Desmond Tardy from Warren Central. These are teams that I saw more than once in those particular seasons. I don't need to look up stats because I was at all of those games in person.

Louisville Trinity indeed did need over time to beat one of those at least 20 teams I mentioned, that were better than the St. John Bosco team that beat St. X.
Louisville Male was every bit as good as Louisville Trinity who was led by Brian Brohm. Louisville Male was led by Michael Bush. Bush and Brohm could have went to any D1 program in the country they wanted.
Warren Central rushed for over 400 yards on Elder. If you thought Goody ran the option well at Colerain, you should have seen Desmond Tardy from Warren Central. These are teams that I saw more than once in those particular seasons. I don't need to look up stats because I was at all of those games in person.
Also, both of those Elder teams would have blown the doors off of that St. X team that lost to John Bosco

If you want to talk about best single season to teams of all time (since 2003), here's the best reference page.

The top 100 teams of all time includes 6 Mater Dei seasons and 8 St. John Bosco seasons, 6 De La Salle seasons and 5 seasons from IMG Academy. Just these 4 teams is 25% of the top 100.

Ohio:
#20 2004 Colerain
#28 2007 St. Xavier
#31 2010 St. Edward
#35 2008 St. Ignatius
#54 2012 Moeller
#66 2012 Whitmer
#67 2005 St. Xavier
#68 2015 St. Edward
#75 2014 St. Edward
#106 2003 Elder
#109 2009 Mooney
#110 2014 LaSalle
#124 2015 Wayne
#129 2013 Moeller

Indiana
#61 2003 Warren Central
#63 2011 Carmel
#69 2008 Center Grove
#87 2020 Center Grove
#104 2006 Warren Central
#105 2011 Warren Central

Kentucky
#30 2011 Trinity

Last edited:
Mater Dei in 2016 had Amon Ra St. Brown, Bru McCoy, and JT Daniels at first glance. The gap has widened as over 70 players between the two teams claim at least one offer. It's a different beast. There is no shame in that.

If you want to talk about best single season to teams of all time (since 2003), here's the best reference page.

The top 100 teams of all time includes 6 Mater Dei seasons and 8 St. John Bosco seasons, 6 De La Salle seasons .

Ohio:
#20 2004 Colerain
#28 2007 St. Xavier
#31 2010 St. Edward
#35 2008 St. Ignatius
#54 2012 Moeller
#66 2012 Whitmer
#67 2005 St. Xavier
#68 2015 St. Edward
#75 2014 St. Edward
#106 2003 Elder
#109 2009 Mooney
#110 2014 LaSalle
#124 2015 Wayne
#129 2013 Moeller

Indiana
#61 2003 Warren Central
#63 2011 Carmel
#69 2008 Center Grove
#87 2020 Center Grove
#104 2006 Warren Central
#105 2011 Warren Central

Kentucky
#30 2011 Trinity
Good data point, something of note...the top 4 teams are Mater Dei.

The top 100 teams of all time includes 6 Mater Dei seasons and 8 St. John Bosco seasons, 6 De La Salle seasons .

Ohio:
#20 2004 Colerain
#28 2007 St. Xavier
#31 2010 St. Edward
#35 2008 St. Ignatius
#54 2012 Moeller
#66 2012 Whitmer
#67 2005 St. Xavier
#68 2015 St. Edward
#75 2014 St. Edward
#106 2003 Elder
#109 2009 Mooney
#110 2014 LaSalle
#124 2015 Wayne
#129 2013 Moeller

Indiana
#61 2003 Warren Central
#63 2011 Carmel
#69 2008 Center Grove
#87 2020 Center Grove
#104 2006 Warren Central
#105 2011 Warren Central

Kentucky
#30 2011 Trinity
Cal preps is a farce as is Max Preps. I would bet my life Cal Preps will have De Lasalle rated in the top 25 next season. It's a computer
Mater Dei in 2016 had Amon Ra St. Brown, Bru McCoy, and JT Daniels at first glance. The gap has widened as over 70 players between the two teams claim at least one offer. It's a different beast. There is no shame in that.
Amon Ra is the best route running wr I've seen at the high school level. JT Daniels falls into the top 10 high school signal callers I've seen. Brian Brohm is absolutely the best high school qb I've seen. I watched him complete 18 straight passes of all variety to kids who peaked in high school and would play no college ball. This was against St. X in 03. Bru McCoy is a product of being on a stacked team. Overrated. Michael Bush was the true definition of an Super Athlete. All State football, basketball and honorable mention baseball player.

Yes, they certainly could play with them, but it wouldn't be very pretty. Running clock put on Moe.
As I replied to another poster, I am bilingual. Sarcasm is my second language. Sycamore, Cincinnati Country Day and Batavia could play with Mater Dei and St. John Bosco. It would be ugly, but they could play with them.

I spoke about the game. Very defensive but Mater Dei lines were better and won with power run