Massillon 0-5 in State Championship... Let's talk about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
1980 - Before my time, but an overperforming Massillon squad lost to Moeller. Moeller was legendarily good in this era. They were fit to run the ball on a rainy day.
1982 - Again a loss to a more talented Moeller team.
2005 - Got behind big due to special teams and couldn't complete the come back vs. a better St. X team.
2018 - Hoban got out to a lead early. Probably caught a break on an early bad call. Regardless, Hoban was the more talented squad. They controlled the first half then staved off a never-say-die comeback.
2019 - LaSalle was extremely talented and out game planned the Tigers. They controlled time of possession and kept the Massillon offense off the field.

In summary, it is not clear that the Tigers have ever been the favorite or the most talented team. Same can probably be said for this year vs. Hoban, but I hope they can pull one out.

There's nothing "in the air" or mystical that has led to 0-5. The kids playing this weekend don't carry the burden of the first three.

There you have it. The voice of logic and reason. Anyone saying anything different is either stupid (he's not) or just gets his kicks riling up Massillon fans (he does LOL).

I don't see how it would have an asterisk. Have teams that Massillon has beaten had major covid issues ? Now if covid took out a lot of star players I could see it. Haven't seen that with teams they've beaten though

If they go through lasalle and hoban , they deserve it. I know they get a lot of haters hoping they never win. We get those people too. The funny thing is the ones who do it in many cases have garbage football teams at their schools

I'd rather be competitive and lose title games over being a non factor.
Isn’t it weird to watch so many people wanting your team to lose then their own team to win. ??‍♂️
Absolutely correct in that those people have garbage football programs.

Isn’t it weird to watch so many people wanting your team to lose then their own team to win. ??‍♂️
Absolutely correct in that those people have garbage football programs.
I think those people are sad because none of us do anything. I don't control that Mentor hasnt won. I've had people pm me saying Mentor won't ever win and I'm like maybe not ...but I don't control that sitting in the stands or watching tv.

Same with the ones hurling insults. Even if their team has won titles , you didn't do anything

So yeah I've had back and forths with Massillon people but I do want them to win. They deserve a non poll year title. The program has paid their dues.

And I do hope our schools play again. We have weeeks 4 and 5 open again for out of conference. And 12 teams make it instead of 8 now too for the playoffs

1980 - Before my time, but an overperforming Massillon squad lost to Moeller. Moeller was legendarily good in this era. They were fit to run the ball on a rainy day.
1982 - Again a loss to a more talented Moeller team.
2005 - Got behind big due to special teams and couldn't complete the come back vs. a better St. X team.
2018 - Hoban got out to a lead early. Probably caught a break on an early bad call. Regardless, Hoban was the more talented squad. They controlled the first half then staved off a never-say-die comeback.
2019 - LaSalle was extremely talented and out game planned the Tigers. They controlled time of possession and kept the Massillon offense off the field.

In summary, it is not clear that the Tigers have ever been the favorite or the most talented team. Same can probably be said for this year vs. Hoban, but I hope they can pull one out.

There's nothing "in the air" or mystical that has led to 0-5. The kids playing this weekend don't carry the burden of the first three.
All I'm reading is a bunch of excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.