Martin RPI

ME: look at 12 months of infractions
YOU: I'm not doing that. I'll look at only what makes me happy. = other sports coaches are bad
ME: basketball coaches do coach other sports.

Who is spinning? Infractions, as well as voting opinions, can come from the staff of a sports. A head coach does not work alone. For someone who claims to know coaches you don't seem to know very much. :giggle:

As I said, most infractions are off season. I would predict, without any facts, that basketball infractions are up in months April thru Oct.
You aren't good at accepting the fact you may be wrong on some things.......

You aren't good at accepting the fact you may be wrong on some things.......
I accept that fact every day and many times find out I have learned something. You however, feel that everyone should agree with your opinion. Even if those you talk about do not. I spoke with 2 coaches in the Montgomery and Hamilton Counties last week and both see positives with using the RPI. Both said they would vote for it if given the chance. We shall see if that happens.

I'm not opposed to going to a computer system for seeding, but I'd want more years of data before settling on this one. I can only speak of SW Ohio, but Vamps had a system he'd post here that was way more accurate than what I'm seeing from Martin RPI.

I'm not opposed to going to a computer system for seeding, but I'd want more years of data before settling on this one. I can only speak of SW Ohio, but Vamps had a system he'd post here that was way more accurate than what I'm seeing from Martin RPI.
One hundred percent! Points were part of the formula.

I spoke with a coach last night who communicates with Central District coaches often and in his discussions the use of an RPI in the near future has been positive conversations.

I spoke with a coach last night who communicates with Central District coaches often and in his discussions the use of an RPI in the near future has been positive conversations.
Have you spoken with anyone in Ohio that doesn't love it lol
One hundred percent! Points were part of the formula.
I can start getting behind this. A D4 team losing by 3 to Centerville should increase their standing when compared to other D4 teams. Adding points may be a way to head in that direction.

Have you spoken with anyone in Ohio that doesn't love it lol
Yes, I have spoken to some coaches that like the coaches voting system and admit they feel it works best when their voting location has a very clear dominate team. With further talk, most coaches feel the problems of favoritism or the good-ole-boy connections are present when they are voting on teams that are very close together in talent, skill or ability.

Yes, I have spoken to some coaches that like the coaches voting system and admit they feel it works best when their voting location has a very clear dominate team. With further talk, most coaches feel the problems of favoritism or the good-ole-boy connections are present when they are voting on teams that are very close together in talent, skill or ability.
Sounds like you are a good PR guy for the RPI!!

Let’s make the move to Martin RPI. So many coaches that either 1) are clueless and don’t take the voting seriously or 2) are voting teams low purposely to be a jack***

Let’s make the move to Martin RPI. So many coaches that either 1) are clueless and don’t take the voting seriously or 2) are voting teams low purposely to be a jack***
Not being snarky at all, serious question. Can you give specific examples you are aware of that a coach purposefully voted someone low to be a jerk? I'm not talking 6 instead of 4, I'm talking 15 instead of 2.

Not being snarky at all, serious question. Can you give specific examples you are aware of that a coach purposefully voted someone low to be a jerk? I'm not talking 6 instead of 4, I'm talking 15 instead of 2.
I will make an assumption but ask a question to be sure. Have you ever been a high school coach in any sport or been on a varsity basketball staff as a coach ever before?

Wrong sport but this happened in football 2 years ago with all the GMC voting Elder way down. They didn't use the Harbins that year due to Covid.

Wrong Gender and stealing this from another poster but:
Final D1 Seeding for Cincinnati w point totals attached below
Hamilton and Western Hills voting is a joke; probably should go to the computer!
Hamilton voted Lakota West #4 seed, Edgewood #6, Mason #9 and West Clermont #13 Seed, C’mon Man!
Western Hills voted Oak Hills #1 Seed, St Ursula #2, Fairfield #3……..Ridiculous.

Moving to a power system takes all the BS out.

I will make an assumption but ask a question to be sure. Have you ever been a high school coach in any sport or been on a varsity basketball staff as a coach ever before?
Neither here nor there but Yes, I was for many years at different schools in different divisions, so I've seen seeding with many different coaches in SWOH

Wrong sport but this happened in football 2 years ago with all the GMC voting Elder way down. They didn't use the Harbins that year due to Covid.

Hamilton and Western Hills voting is a joke; probably should go to the computer!
Hamilton voted Lakota West #4 seed, Edgewood #6, Mason #9 and West Clermont #13 Seed, C’mon Man!
Western Hills voted Oak Hills #1 Seed, St Ursula #2, Fairfield #3……..Ridiculous.

Again, legit question since I don't follow girls basketball, did the apparent egregious voting by Hamilton and WH make the final seeding egregious?

Looks like the seeds go West Clermont/Lakota East/Mason so the coaches vote worked and the voting of the majority drowned out the ridiculousness of the outliers. Again, speculation based on records bc I don't follow the girls game.

Wait, but SWOHHoops says that area has great coaches with unbiased voting. Hmmm:unsure:

Neither here nor there but Yes, I was for many years at different schools in different divisions, so I've seen seeding with many different coaches in SWOH
So you are saying you have been on a varsity basketball staff?

Have you SEEN seeding or been a part of seeding? Huge difference.

Again, legit question since I don't follow girls basketball, did the apparent egregious voting by Hamilton and WH make the final seeding egregious?

Looks like the seeds go West Clermont/Lakota East/Mason so the coaches vote worked and the voting of the majority drowned out the ridiculousness of the outliers. Again, speculation based on records bc I don't follow the girls game.
I don't have the time to look and see if either of the top seeds could have drawn the 1 or 2 instead of the 3 or 4. The point is you specifically asked if this has happened and I cited two examples where it has. I don't want anything to change until we have the "perfect" system but i do think we need to get away from coaches voting.

I don't have the time to look and see if either of the top seeds could have drawn the 1 or 2 instead of the 3 or 4. The point is you specifically asked if this has happened and I cited two examples where it has. I don't want anything to change until we have the "perfect" system but i do think we need to get away from coaches voting.
Understand. I've made the point in this thread that while there has been coaches that vote spitefully the beauty of SWOH is that they are drowned out by the majority being reasonable so the final results of voting are not skewed. I should have been more clear in what I said.

Talk about spinning a response. I'll take that as a NO, you have never coaches varsity basketball and never actually been involved in the seeding actions. But I am glad to know you have seen it.
You asked if I have ever been on a basketball staff and I said Yes, and then you came at me assuming no. Your responses are so weird when you feel like an opinion earned a point against you. It's not a competition, just a discussion.

You asked if I have ever been on a basketball staff and I said Yes, and then you came at me assuming no. Your responses are so weird when you feel like an opinion earned a point against you. It's not a competition, just a discussion.
I clearly stated I was making an assumption but wanted to ask a question. I asked if you were ever on a varsity basketball staff. Being a JH coach would mean nothing for our conversation.
I'm not trying to compete. I ask because the opinion of a fan is different then one of someone who has done the work. Wouldn't you agree? Being in the stands and yelling at the officials changes if you have ever put on the stripes yourself.