Mansfield High Tygers School Size Question

How many houses are in the city of Massillon yet in Jackson's school district?
On this map, yellow is within the city limits and JLSD is above the blue line so it looks like only two apartment buildings (circled in green) so far. The area with the red 'X', though, is being developed into housing and I assume staying in the city limits.

And Fairless' intrusion is just industry and farmland, nothing residential.

Source: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?webmap=fc2f5fcd52d442bea88612686269489d

jax_mass.JPG

Last edited:
Alliance has two districts within the city.

Alliance City
Marlington Local. A good portion of the western side of town is Marlington. Not many from the outside areas know that.

On this map, yellow is within the city limits and JLSD is above the blue line so it looks like only two apartment buildings (circled in green) so far. The area with the red 'X', though, is being developed into housing and I assume staying in the city limits.

And Fairless' intrusion is just industry and farmland, nothing residential.

Source: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?webmap=fc2f5fcd52d442bea88612686269489d

View attachment 13316

Intrusion=LOL!

What about the Laurels of Massillon residents, they are in the JLSD?

Last edited:
I see the jealous Federalists are attempting to ruin another thread.

Also just found map evidence that the Ontario/Mansfield district line is also the Ontario/Mansfield city line, so technically I guess Ontario isn't IN Mansfield per say. But a piece of Mansfield city DOES get into Crestview territory.
A map of Richland County School Districts.
richlandcountyschooldistricts.JPG

Last edited:
Mansfield and Lima are two interesting stories of how a district went from two high schools to one. Back in the early 1950's Lima had two high schools, Lima South and Lima Central. The two combined at the start of the 1955-56 school year to form Lima Senior. The very first football game Lima Senior ever played, game one in 1955, was against our Little Giants.

Mansfield High was the lone school in that city until 1963 when Malabar High came into existence due to growing enrollment. Malabar closed in 1989. I believe they were the Falcons iirc.

If I got any of that wrong, feel free to correct me.
I can still remember when Mansfield Senior, Malabar and St. Peter's all were boys basketball powerhouses in AAA, AA and A, respectively.

The same with Lorain, when you had Admiral King, Lorain Senior and Southview in AAA, Lorain Catholic in AA and Clearview in A. Elyria High in AAA, Elyria West and Elyria Catholic in AA.

The old Buckeye Conference cities were deep in hoops talent, back in the day.

Most schools are getting smaller in Ohio except for the Columbus area
And Cincinnati metro (including the KY side). Those are the only growth areas of the state. It's also pretty much the only places the Buckeyes can get a few football recruits anymore. NEO and NWO are getting to be slim pickings as they die off.

And Cincinnati metro (including the KY side). Those are the only growth areas of the state. It's also pretty much the only places the Buckeyes can get a few football recruits anymore. NEO and NWO are getting to be slim pickings as they die off.
Cincinnati has been a dying town while Columbus has had monster growth. I can remember the days when their was a big gap between Lancaster and Columbus. Now Lancaster is basically Columbus. Columbus is the Mecca of Ohio sports. So many D1 athletes

It probably goes without saying, but open enrollment and available housing play a role in declining enrollment. A quick analysis of my subdivision illustrates the available housing issue. Many single story homes are still inhabited by owners whose kids graduated decades ago.

I can still remember when Mansfield Senior, Malabar and St. Peter's all were boys basketball powerhouses in AAA, AA and A, respectively.

The same with Lorain, when you had Admiral King, Lorain Senior and Southview in AAA, Lorain Catholic in AA and Clearview in A. Elyria High in AAA, Elyria West and Elyria Catholic in AA.

The old Buckeye Conference cities were deep in hoops talent, back in the day.
The only disagreement, in part, was Mansfield Senior. There was a reason it left the Buckeye.

Mansfield Senior left the Buckeye Conference mostly because they couldn't compete in football.
They didn't do so hot the latter years in Boys Basketball, either. A handful of years, they were keeping Ross company near the basement. To their credit, they did win the Buckeye their last year.

Maybe this was already asked/addressed but are there are city/urban school districts that have not lost enrollment the last 20 years? Thinking "city/urban" as communities of 25,000 or more. Not suburbia, even though they may be called "XXXX City Schools".

Maybe this was already asked/addressed but are there are city/urban school districts that have not lost enrollment the last 20 years? Thinking "city/urban" as communities of 25,000 or more. Not suburbia, even though they may be called "XXXX City Schools".
I don't think so, even Columbus City Schools has lost enrollment.