Louisville vs North Canton

I played when Lousiville was in the Fed, it was our #1 rivalry. My kids played recently or are playing now, it is a non-conference game. Sad but True. It is not the same.

Same here Viking51. Those were the good old hard nose days. These communities have battled for so long. Don't know how this got so lost in apathy....

Same here Viking51. Those were the good old hard nose days. These communities have battled for so long. Don't know how this got so lost in apathy....

[

/B]

it didnt....rivalry is still alive and well....we got ours tonight:grouphug:

Some of you here may remember this phrase about the classic matchups between Louisville and North Canton "Irresistible force vs immovable object" - back in the Starkey era. Those were great years and great games.

Louisville is not up to their usual standards this year; that was obvious vs Canfield and painfully obvious vs Hoover tonight.

The season is young - prove me wrong Leps, I want to be wrong.

We got our butts handed to us last night, by a team that just played better and didn't make as many stupid mistakes. I still don't know how bad Louisville is, or how good Hoover is...A few things that Lynus would not have liked to see, that would have made that a differet game to watch...all of these were stupid mistakes Louisville made, on themselves, rather than Hoover forcing them.
1)10 yd punt in first half.
2)4th and 1 in red zone and we throw the ball behind the line of scrimmage.
3)Personal foul called on 42 (or jawing) that keeps Hoover drive alive.
4)Attempt to run the punt again on your half of the field and not picking up the first down.....followed by
5)personal foul for jawing at the official after #4.
6)yet another partially blocked punt (caused by...not just punting the stinking ball!)
We gave Hoover a short field and MOMENTUM all night. Our defense was on the field all the time....I'm not liking our system on either side of the ball...our kids are not being put in a position to be successfull.

Let me add to Lynus...
7) taking all your time outs to the locker room with you...especially when your defense is on the field that long
8) taking upwards of 20 seconds to signal in the play...if you're gonna take that long you might as well huddle up and run it in.
9) making absolutely no adjustments when your SCHEME IS NOT WORKING!

"After another three-and-out by the Leopards’ offense, which looked generally disinterested, Hoover went for the kill." says Todd Porter.

That hurts when someone with glasses as thick as his sees that.

special teams were really bad. i think th oline was a good surprise though. not much else to be positive about.

It will be interesting to see how the year shakes out for Louisville.

I will say this......just maybe DeMarco shouldn't have decided last year to pour it on by using a certain "kicking strategy". It will not get any better next year, because the juniors from Hoover take care of their own.

It was not the only theme of the game, but it was prominent.

Good luck to the Leopards from here on it.

I played when Lousiville was in the Fed, it was our #1 rivalry. My kids played recently or are playing now, it is a non-conference game. Sad but True. It is not the same.

its up to those who came before, the community, and to some degree the coaches, to keep the traditions alive. Stow is just a non conference game, some one youve played 90 times, going back to the beginning of the program, is not just another game. you should not have a problem getting up for a team that leads the series as Louisville does. theres been talk in recent years of ending the series, i think that would be shortsighted and a mistake. unless we are adding a Mentor, Massillion, Solon etc to that spot then leave it alone. dropping Louisville to play more Canadian bacon, DC pork, or Akron East is not my idea of quality scheduling. yes Jackson is a rival and rightfully so (that series is nearly as long starting in 1931). Louisville may not be THE game anymore but its still a big game.