Louisville Leopards Football 2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to learn to block and tackle, especially tackling. Granted #32 for Canfield was a load. Reminded of the old Elsass days. I never seen so many missed tackles. Looked like a bull fighter waving his red blanket. These guys need to learn when tackling to keep their heads up, run through the tackle, hit hard and wrap up. None of this "chicken wing" shoulder fly-by hit or one-armed stuff. Canfield runners were way too strong to be brought down that way.

Nope...and I’ll take it a step further. Our last scrimmage against Orrville, every passing situation in the 2 minute part, the only thing Orrville was worrying about was the hook and ladder, which allowed us to get yards. That’s all anybody is going to worry about now.
But I’m sure you know more about Louisville than I do.

Gonna be a long season for you Linus24, enjoy

This team making the playoffs? That'll be the day
You must be one of those fair weather fans we have here in Louisville.
We lost to a team that will win 8-9 games this year on a last second FG.
No it’s not the end of the world, and yes we all know how important the first one was, and who’s on our schedule.
DeMarco started 0-2 the last two years, this isn’t anything new.

No it’s not the end of the world, and yes we all know how important the first one was, and who’s on our schedule.
[/QUOTEThi

Uhh, this is a bad Canfield team we lost to. We have to win at least 3 of the next 4 to stay in it and I don't see that happening.

They did lose their QB, leading WR, and leading RB along with 3 other starters on offense. They lost 5 starters on defense but did have a couple of good starters returning on defense.
I would not call them a bad. But even so, a "bad" Canfield team is still going to be a solid team. They are well coached.

For a guy that hypes up his knowledge of the leps, Lynus is wrong a lot.
Wrong a lot???
Your the ? that showed up 2 weeks ago spouting off about how we had an easy schedule and the WV team was D7. After being corrected and laughed at, show up when they lose to gloat?
Your an anti-Twiddy guy rooting for failure. Probably a former coach ala your screen name. Fools like you have come and gone, but I’ll be here every week win or lose.

Been holding back, but here it is. If you believe J D should still be our H C you obviously never snapped up a Leopard chin strap and don't understand the program. A good man, but not intense enough for how we play.

Wrong a lot???
Your the ? that showed up 2 weeks ago spouting off about how we had an easy schedule and the WV team was D7. After being corrected and laughed at, show up when they lose to gloat?
Your an anti-Twiddy guy rooting for failure. Probably a former coach ala your screen name. Fools like you have come and gone, but I’ll be here every week win or lose.
Yeah yeah, D7 was a hyperbole. Reguardless, it's obvious that that game was scheduled for an easy dub

Been holding back, but here it is. If you believe J D should still be our H C you obviously never snapped up a Leopard chin strap and don't understand the program. A good man, but not intense enough for how we play.
Ahh but Coach Jeff "Tweety" is perfect for us

Just noting what I read today - joeeitel has the WV rated as a D2 school - who also won 8 games last year.

the hyperbole is off base, much like your opinions formerlep. wv is better than a bye week, or a canada team

ssshhhhhhhh

FWIW from an outsider who was at last week's Canfield @ Louisville game, the Leopards had a good game plan, played hard and well but Canfield hung in there to the point they could win with a last minute bomb and literally last second field goal. I think Louisville has a tough stretch of games to start out the season but when it's over, they'll have won a bunch of games and represented themselves well.

FWIW from an outsider who was at last week's Canfield @ Louisville game, the Leopards had a good game plan, played hard and well but Canfield hung in there to the point they could win with a last minute bomb and literally last second field goal. I think Louisville has a tough stretch of games to start out the season but when it's over, they'll have won a bunch of games and represented themselves well.
Ngl looking at that schedule and with the loss to Canfield, I don’t know how you can say they will win a bunch of games. Hoover, Perry, Lake and Massillon aren’t the NBC. And I don’t believe Canfield is better than either of those four teams. Maybe I’m wrong, but saying they are gonna win a bunch of games with a loss to Canfield and with that brutal schedule is a bold prediction my friend.

I do think the leps make adjustments and Hoover game is closer than people think. If Leps can string together a few wins, the season is a success.

Need to be able to play vintage leps d, and stop the run.

I do think the leps make adjustments and Hoover game is closer than people think. If Leps can string together a few wins, the season is a success.

Not exactly what your DC or your former McKinley guys are known for. Watch some
Perry vs McKinley games from the last few years or the 611 yards the DC gave a up a few years ago. Your need to bring Farrah back if you wanna see some leps D

Last edited:

With the tackling on display last friday, that's easier said than done.

Not exactly what your DC or your former McKinley guys are known for. Watch some
Perry vs McKinley games from the last few years or the 611 yards the DC gave a up a few years ago. Your need to bring Farrah back if you wanna see some leps D

We adjusted last Friday against Canfield didn't we?? This isn't the Leps defensive staff from the previous few years who watched Perry run the same play 75 times and made ZERO adjustments..... I believe we held Canfield to sub 40 yards in the 2nd half if you take away that last pass play.

We adjusted last Friday against Canfield didn't we?? This isn't the Leps defensive staff from the previous few years who watched Perry run the same play 75 times and made ZERO adjustments..... I believe we held Canfield to sub 40 yards in the 2nd half if you take away that last pass play.
I’ve watched the same thing happen to the Bulldogs vs Perry with many of your staff members involved. Get ready leps are in for a long night. I love the leps but tonight ain’t gonna be their night. It’s all good you we still get to do the best thing in the world win or lose and that’s watch the boys play some ball!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.