Lopsided Win - Blast from the Past - 1961 AA T&F District Meet @ Trechter Stadium (old Central HS, Cincinnati)

JAVMAN83

Working on what will be a multiple hundreds of pages compilation of the Mason Boys' T&F district meet history this year in honor of what will be the 100th anniversary of that meet in 2023.

From 1961, the Cincinnati Taft Senators DESTROYED the competition:

Place Points School
1) 90 Taft
2) 19 ½ Hughes
3) 17 Withrow
4) 14 ½ Mariemont
5) tie 14 Deer Park, Walnut Hills, Woodward
8) 12 ½ Central
9) 11 Western Hills
10) 6 Elder
11) 4 Roger Bacon
12) 3 Oak Hills
13) 2 ½ Madeira
14) 2 Anderson
DNS 0 Indian Hill, Archbishop McNicholas, Purcell, St. Xavier

Side Note: Scoring all the points for Elder was one Bob Roncker!

Andy Scramm won the individual cross country title in 61 for Deer Park. I imagine he scored most of their points at the track district meet.

Andy Scramm won the individual cross country title in 61 for Deer Park. I imagine he scored most of their points at the track district meet.
Andy scored 10 of Deer Park's 14 points. Schramm won the mile with a new district record of 4:31.7, and then placed 2nd in the 880. Schramm would go onto set the all-time Ohio mile record in 1962 with his 4:18.0 at the Miami Invite.

Schramm went on to run for Miami U. (if my memory serves me correctly), then became a minister. Unfortunately, he passed away at the relatively young age of 61 in 2005.

Here is are the 1961 results (in process):

Attachments

• Mason District Meet - Results - 1961.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 18
He followed that up with an individual state title in the mile in 1962 in a state meet record time of 4:21.7
Indeed he did...despite having lane one some 2" under water in spots on the old cinder track in the Shoe. The rain was atrocious, I've read. Schramm was aiming and in shape for a 4:15, but conditions didn't allow for it :(