London Super Bowl?

Current list being considered for furture SB's

1. London
2. Ukraine
3. Israel
4. Dubai
5. Russia
6. Anywhere in Africa but South Africa
7. Anywhere in middle east that is against Israel (so everyone else)
8. Venezuela
9. Guam

Current list being considered for furture SB's

1. London
2. Ukraine
3. Israel
4. Dubai
5. Russia
6. Anywhere in Africa but South Africa
7. Anywhere in middle east that is against Israel (so everyone else)
8. Venezuela
9. Guam
Sweden would like to weigh in. They are also a disaster zone.

The NFL and other pro sports just continue to kick us when we're down. The Dolphins / KC game yesterday was trash. You fly guys halfway around the world a few days before the game, do all these media shows for the league and wonder why they look like trash come gametime. SMH.

I honestly don’t know, but I do know that the advertising is the primary reason that the game is even produced.

Don’t they play the Super Bowl to crown a champion? Yes the advertising $$$ are extremely important to the tv networks and the NFL will listen to any potent concern(s) the networks may have with a SB in Europe. A 8:30pk kickoff in Europe shouldn’t hurt ratings on the East coast with the 3:30pm kick. The west coast 12:30pm kick may not be ideal, I do not know. The NFL/Networks have years of data on ratings by kickoff time, by region. If the NFL thinks it can work & make $$$$$, it probably can.

Having a Super Bowl party with the game ending by 8pm & all cleaned up by 9pm means Monday morning will be a bit easier so I like the 3:30pm kickoff time slot. I’m never going to a SB to I could care less where it’s played at.

Don’t they play the Super Bowl to crown a champion? Yes the advertising $$$ are extremely important to the tv networks and the NFL will listen to any potent concern(s) the networks may have with a SB in Europe. A 8:30pk kickoff in Europe shouldn’t hurt ratings on the East coast with the 3:30pm kick. The west coast 12:30pm kick may not be ideal, I do not know. The NFL/Networks have years of data on ratings by kickoff time, by region. If the NFL thinks it can work & make $$$$$, it probably can.

Having a Super Bowl party with the game ending by 8pm & all cleaned up by 9pm means Monday morning will be a bit easier so I like the 3:30pm kickoff time slot. I’m never going to a SB to I could care less where it’s played at.
I agree with finding the earlier broadcast time in America personally preferable. If it was likely to pay the NFL better, they would be doing it already, here.

I don’t see football ever really taking hold in Europe. I guess they do, at least in high enough likelihood to be willing to lose money in its development.

Or maybe losing money in failed attempts is still a great, fun job for those who are slow enough at proving the failure of the endeavor ? They are essentially burning our money. America is addicted to the NFL. The “Euro Development team” has a fun job with no competition by which they could be measured in comparison 😉

I agree with finding the earlier broadcast time in America personally preferable. If it was likely to pay the NFL better, they would be doing it already, here.

I don’t see football ever really taking hold in Europe. I guess they do, at least in high enough likelihood to be willing to lose money in its development.

Or maybe losing money in failed attempts is still a great, fun job for those who are slow enough at proving the failure of the endeavor ? They are essentially burning our money. America is addicted to the NFL. The “Euro Development team” has a fun job with no competition by which they could be measured in comparison 😉

If the NFL tries something, the intent is to make $$$ and they typically do a great job at it. In Europe American football will never come close to soccer or Formula 1 but can it get close to Rugby, cricket, track & field, tennis, cycling, golf etc? I would venture to say yes because of one thing - betting. Europe loves darts, tennis, horse racking and why? Betting. Europe has had legalized betting far longer than the US and it is alive & well. Betting generates interest.

I grew up watching & playing football, basketball & baseball and still watch football & basketball - high school, college & pro. Now, I only play golf and tennis but pickleball will be added next. I love watching beach volleyball, tennis, golf, MMA fights and for some reason I can’t turn away from curling. People & society adapt & change. In 1900 the two major sports in the US was boxing and horse racing - where would they rank today?

American culture & influence is strong and the NFL will most likely build/find a following in Europe because it will make $$$.

If the NFL tries something, the intent is to make $$$ and they typically do a great job at it. In Europe American football will never come close to soccer or Formula 1 but can it get close to Rugby, cricket, track & field, tennis, cycling, golf etc? I would venture to say yes because of one thing - betting. Europe loves darts, tennis, horse racking and why? Betting. Europe has had legalized betting far longer than the US and it is alive & well. Betting generates interest.

I grew up watching & playing football, basketball & baseball and still watch football & basketball - high school, college & pro. Now, I only play golf and tennis but pickleball will be added next. I love watching beach volleyball, tennis, golf, MMA fights and for some reason I can’t turn away from curling. People & society adapt & change. In 1900 the two major sports in the US was boxing and horse racing - where would they rank today?

American culture & influence is strong and the NFL will most likely build/find a following in Europe because it will make $$$.
I have to admit, I didn’t consider gambling. I’ll gamble on random chance, but not on the efforts of others in sports.
They can keep flirting with Europe for years in physical games without establishing successful permanent teams. As long as it gets a bunch of Euro gamblers engaged with the games being played over here.

I honestly don’t know, but I do know that the advertising is the primary reason that the game is even produced.
The advertisers may not like it, but I doubt there would be much of a drop off, if at all. Bottom line, if the NFL wants to do it, they'll figured out a way to get it done.

Why doesn't the NFL just sell the entire Super Bowl to the Saudis? That will get them all the money that they could want; certainly more than from London. Isn't money the one and only concern of the NFL?