Little League 12U State Tournament - Tallmadge Champs

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The Little League District Tournaments will be starting over the next week or two. Always my favorite youth tournament because it is community based and the winners advance to the next round while everyone else's season comes to an end.

This years tournament for 12U will be held in Wheelersburg July 6th-12th. Wheelersburg is the defending World Series champion and have a few girls back from that team to defend their title.

Tallmadge advanced to the State Tournament today with two wins against Elyria:

Tallmadge 12, Elyria 0
Tallmadge 13, Elyria 0

I've heard there will be 6 district champs at the state tournament. Not really sure which districts but I'm fairly certain that District 1,2,3, and 11 will all have teams there.

When this age group was 10, Wheelersburg was the state champs. Last year at 11, Portsmouth West was the state champs. Should be some interesting matchups down in Wheelersburg this year.

Anyone know where any of the brackets for state or district tournaments are located?

In the past, there were a few places that posted the brackets. This year, I can't find them anywhere. It's really a shame because there are still alot of people that like to follow the games but the information is becoming impossible to find.

These are the scores that I have found so far from district tournaments:

District 2 (Link):
6/25: Boardman 9, South Range 5
6/25: Canfield 14, Austintown 1
6/26: Canfield 4, Poland 0
6/26: South Range 8, Austintown 7 (Austintown Eliminated)
6/27: Boardman vs Canfield
6/27: South Range vs Poland (Loser Eliminated)

District 3:
6/22: Tallmadge 12, Elyria 0
6/22: Tallmadge 13, Elyria 0
District Champs: Tallmadge

District 11:
6/22: Wheelersburg 9, Ironton 0
6/22: Portsmouth West 6, Rock Hill 0
6/24: Fairland 13, Coal Gove 2
6/24: South Point??? (South Webster????)
6/26: South Webster 11, Coal Grove 4
6/26: South Point vs
6/27: Portsmouth West vs Fairland

Portsmouth West beat Fairland 9-0 on Thursday.

Today, Portsmouth West beat Wheelersburg 14-0. Not sure if this was the championship. Brackets are hard to come by for LL.

Wheelersburg beat Fairland 9-3 on Monday. I'm guessing this puts them back into the championship game against Portsmouth West today. State tournament starts on Saturday, so they need to get a champion soon.

Canfield plays Boardman for the District 2 title today. If Canfield wins, they are the champ. If Boardman wins, they will play a second game with the winner being the champion.

District Champs:

District 2: Canfield
District 3: Tallmadge
District 11: Portsmouth West

Tonight's games:
Canfield defeated Boardman 6-1 to win their district title.
Portsmouth West defeated Wheelersburg 8-4 to win their district title.

State Tournament Bracket:

Attachments

• IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 42
Article from Canfield/Boardman District Championship game:

After a big first inning, Canfield’s Lindgren locks up title

After getting a big lead, Canfield turned up the heat.

Paris Lindgren ended any chance of a Boardman comeback with three strong innings in relief as Canfiled defeated Boardman 6-1 for the Ohio District 2 Little League Softball 12-and-under title Tuesday night.

“It was good [to start with the lead],” Lindgren said. “I knew my infield would do good and I knew my outfield would do good.”

Lindgren relieved Vita Kelty in the top of the fourth with a 6-1 lead. She didn’t give up any hits or walks for the rest of the contest. The only base runner she allowed was due to an error and she struck out six.

Read more:
https://www.vindy.com/news/2019/jul/03/-little-league-softball--turn-up-the-hea/

Still waiting to find out who the District 1, District 7, and District 9 representatives are for this year. Pretty crazy considering the games start on Saturday. Wondering if any of those three districts are sending a team.

Updated Bracket:
7/6 (10AM)
D1 Geneva
D3 Tallmadge

7/6 (10AM)
D2 Canfield
D11 Portsmouth West

picture.php

Canfield 16, Geneva 0

Geneva is eliminated. Canfield plays Portsmouth West at 10am Sunday. The winner will face Tallmadge at 1pm for the state championship. If Tallmadge wins, they are the champs. If Tallmadge loses, they would play one last game determine the state champ.

Portsmouth West 9, Canfield 1

Tallmadge faces Portsmouth West at 1pm for the state championship.

Tallmadge wins, they are state champs. Portsmouth West wins, there will be one more game between these two teams.

Winner Take All Championship is Wednesday night at 6PM in Wheelersburg.

Tallmadge vs Porstmouth West

Both games between these two teams have been close. Champ moves on to the regionals in Indiana in a couple weeks.