Lincolnview BOE Discusses NWC Membership Situation

I could see Ft. Loramie joining in football only as the article states. LCC should be a slam dunk considering it is in the middle of the NWC but can NWC members swallow their pride and let LCC back in. LB also a slam dunk, sure long drive for some schools but NWC really is not in a position to be picky.

Last edited:
I could see Ft. Loramie joining in football only as the article states. LCC should be a slam dunk considering it is in the middle of the NWC but can NWC members swallow their pride and let LCC back in. LB also a slam dunk, sure long drive for some schools but NWC really is not in a position to be picky.
Ft. Loramie would be a bit of a drive as well for the conference, so I can see LB as a little better of an option. LCC might rub some member schools the wrong way if they win everything. Agree with all you said though

LB would be the wedge that destroys the conference. Their size, growth and facilities they would dominate many sports. Conferences just don't add schools like that especially when they are on far outer edge of territory. One thing that is not a surprise is the LB want to continue to beat up on smaller schools.

LB would be the wedge that destroys the conference. Their size, growth and facilities they would dominate many sports. Conferences just don't add schools like that especially when they are on far outer edge of territory. One thing that is not a surprise is the LB want to continue to beat up on smaller schools.
Before adding the CB no. Coldwater has a larger male enrollment than LB yet D7 schools in the MAC compete with Coldwater (if OG wasn't so far to the north, I would love for them to be in the MAC). Does a conference want to be the best that it can be or just happy with a chance to win a conference title. Plus what is LB dominant in, how many state titles have they won in sports lately? NWC can't be picky, scheduling would be a nightmare with a 6-league conference. None of the choices may be great in some poster's eyes (I would disagree) but again "beggars can't be choosy".

Before adding the CB no. Coldwater has a larger male enrollment than LB yet D7 schools in the MAC compete with Coldwater (if OG wasn't so far to the north, I would love for them to be in the MAC). Does a conference want to be the best that it can be or just happy with a chance to win a conference title. Plus what is LB dominant in, how many state titles have they won in sports lately? NWC can't be picky, scheduling would be a nightmare with a 6-league conference. None of the choices may be great in some poster's eyes (I would disagree) but again "beggars can't be choosy".
Completely agree, LB is a founding member of the league they are in, what should they do? Ban houses from being built? Play an all independent schedule at the detriment to their students?
How many schools have left a conference for being “too good” I am guessing we can count them on two hands.

None of this has anything to do with LB not being a fit for the NWC. And they absolutely can be picky for a while. They have 3 teams (LB, LCC, and Ft Loramie) that would all be happy to be football-only members until they find full time fits, and there’s still 7 teams for every other league sport

In the last 8 years, they've won 4 state championships.
Good I would think the NWC would welcome with open arms but how dominant are they in football which I would think along with boys bball would be the biggest consideration when adding a new league member.

L-B to the NWC is absolutely not a slam dunk. It is a last resort should other schools not accept an invite/show interest in applying.
Why? Fort Loramie I doubt will leave the SCAL to join the NWC for all sports that leaves LB and LCC. Why should LB be a last resort?

I noticed to ignored female enrollment numbers. But to compare Coldwater staying in a league it has been in for decades and in the middle of the league geographical footprint is way different than the NWC adding LB. Let's say Coldwater was a growing school district, located just outside of Lima and got quite a few athletes from Lima Sr. and other nearby schools do you think MAC would invite them to join the league?

LB girls are very dominate in nearly every sport. Football is a big factor in league alignments but it is far from the only factor.

Why? Fort Loramie I doubt will leave the SCAL to join the NWC for all sports that leaves LB and LCC. Why should LB be a last resort?
No one is suggesting Fort Loramie would leave the SCAL for the NWC. Literally not one person.

Liberty-Benton is a last resort for the following reasons:

-Geography: the western schools are now the majority of the NWC. Does Crestview/Lincolnview/Spencerville/Delphos Jefferson want to replace a trip to Ada with a longer trip? No.

-Success: they're good in a lot of sports, and would come in and dominate the conference in several of them.

-Size: Liberty-Benton would be the biggest school, and is only getting bigger.

So, that's not a great combo.

Listen, here's the list of schools the NWC would like to add, in order:
Parkway
Delphos St. John's
Bath
LCC
Liberty-Benton

Depending on school, that order could have the slightest bit of change, (Bath above Parkway for Allen East/Bluffton, for example) but for the conference as a whole, that's the consensus list.

No one is suggesting Fort Loramie would leave the SCAL for the NWC. Literally not one person.

-Geography: the western schools are now the majority of the NWC. Does Crestview/Lincolnview/Spencerville/Delphos Jefferson want to replace a trip to Ada with a longer trip? No.

-Success: they're good in a lot of sports, and would come in and dominate the conference in several of them.

Parkway
Delphos St. John's
Bath
LCC
Liberty-Benton

Depending on school, that order could have the slightest bit of change, (Bath above Parkway for Allen East/Bluffton, for example) but for the conference as a whole, that's the consensus list.
What if they add one for the west and one for the east?
Parkway or DSJ and Bath

Parkway
Delphos St. John's
Bath
LCC
Liberty-Benton

The commissioner said he would prefer Fort Loramie join for all sports so that leaves LB and LCC.
Success is a good thing for a conference not a bad thing should the MAC kick out Marion Local or Coldwater because of their dominance in the MAC or not brought in Versailles who was very successful under Hetrich (sp). LB is not much bigger than Bluffton or Spencerville, are those 2 school districts not growing?

Those other schools you listed are just that a list, none have publicly applied.
What about Grove and esp. Bluffton, LB is closer to those two schools than Parkway. Addition of LB balances the league a bit geography wise.

Edit: Last ten years little McComb has had no problem competing vs LB in football in fact I think McComb has won the last 2 years but again competition is a good thing not a bad thing.

Last edited:
The commissioner said he would prefer Fort Loramie join for all sports so that leaves LB and LCC.
Success is a good thing for a conference not a bad thing should the MAC kick out Marion Local or Coldwater because of their dominance in the MAC or not brought in Versailles who was very successful under Hetrich (sp). LB is not much bigger than Bluffton or Spencerville, are those 2 school districts not growing?

Those other schools you listed are just that a list, none have publicly applied.
What about Grove and esp. Bluffton, LB is closer to those two schools than Parkway. Addition of LB balances the league a bit geography wise.
You keep comparing bring in LB going to the NWC to kicking schools out that already in a league and are not significantly bigger and far away from the center of the league. You didn't answer my question above if the MAC would let Coldwater in if Coldwater was 40%+ bigger than all the other schools, a growing school district, located just outside of Lima and got quite a few athletes from Lima Sr. and other nearby schools? We both know they wouldn't and that is the school the LB is right now.

BTW LB enrollment at last count was 366, Bluffton 278 and Spencerville 253. If they did let LB in I just can't see anyway that Crestview, Linconview, and DJ would not immediately be looking for a new conference. Those schools do not want to be making hour+ bus ride to be down 25 at the end of the first quarter in girls basketball or score single digits in every set in V-ball.

Careful you may get an message saying how petty you are and how you’re only driving to traffic to his site…
I’ve never received a PM from him. I have read articles on his site quite a few times. I just think with some of these stories it’s better just to go to the local source and reach your own conclusions rather than be steered.

Edit: Last ten years little McComb has had no problem competing vs LB in football in fact I think McComb has won the last 2 years but again competition is a good thing not a bad thing.
No one has publicly applied because the spot has been open for literally five days.

He didn't say he would prefer Fort Loramie would join for all sports, he would prefer the new members would be for all sports. There's a difference.

What about Grove and Bluffton? They're outnumbered. They can complain about the geography all they'd like, but:
Hamilton GIF

What if they add one for the west and one for the east?
Parkway or DSJ and Bath
I would venture to guess that Bluffton, Grove, and Allen East would have Bath as their #1.
The other 4 have Parkway and DSJ as their 1/2.

I would guess they would all be able to agree on Parkway and DSJ.

Parkway and DSJ are at the top of the list for the league. Liberty-Benton and LCC would be worst-case scenario. But the NWC won't move on those two until they have answers from Parkway, DSJ, and Bath.

They don't NEED 2 all-sports members. They have 7 already with Lincolnview not playing football.

Taking LCC OR L-B is probably doable. Taking both may be too much for most. Either/or with Fort Loramie taking the Lincolnview spot in football wouldn't be the worst move.

You keep comparing bring in LB going to the NWC to kicking schools out that already in a league and are not significantly bigger and far away from the center of the league. You didn't answer my question above if the MAC would let Coldwater in if Coldwater was 40%+ bigger than all the other schools, a growing school district, located just outside of Lima and got quite a few athletes from Lima Sr. and other nearby schools? We both know they wouldn't and that is the school the LB is right now.

BTW LB enrollment at last count was 366, Bluffton 278 and Spencerville 253. If they did let LB in I just can't see anyway that Crestview, Linconview, and DJ would not immediately be looking for a new conference. Those schools do not want to be making hour+ bus ride to be down 25 at the end of the first quarter in girls basketball or score single digits in every set in V-ball.
The farthest drive would be Crestview an hr, AE, CG, and Bluffton all a half hour or less. Versailles in the MAC has an hr. drive to Delphos. Fort Loramie would be a much further drive than LB for almost all the NWC schools except for Spencerville. These are the 2023 OHSAA football no.s with CB added, LB 174 (cb no. 0f 11 oh boy lot of Lima jocks on LB's football team), Spencerville 168 (Spencerville a cb no. of 18), Bluffton 152, Allen East 148. Coldwater is at 172 majority of the MAC schools are 110 or less. If some posters are scared that LB will dominate you don't want Fort Loramie as a full fledge member (I know they are not going to join as a full fledge member) cause their sports teams overall are just as good if not better than Liberty Benton esp. girls bball and XC. BTW personally wouldn't bother me if Wapak a D3 school joined the MAC, little D6 - D7 Marion Local already plays them in all sports, the Flyers for the most part hold their own. As for the MAC letting LB in the MAC if there was an opening if LB was not so far north, I don't think the MAC would have any problem letting LB in, LCC yes, LB no.

Last edited:
The farthest drive would be Crestview an hr, AE, CG, and Bluffton all a half hour or less. Versailles in the MAC has an hr. drive to Delphos. Fort Loramie would be a much further drive than LB for almost all the NWC schools except for Spencerville. These are the 2023 OHSAA football no.s with CB added, LB 174 (cb no. 0f 11 oh boy lot of Lima jocks on LB's football team), Spencerville 168 (Spencerville a cb no. of 18), Bluffton 152, Allen East 148. Coldwater is at 172 majority of the MAC schools are 110 or less. If some posters are scared that LB will dominate you don't want Fort Loramie as a full fledge member (I know they are not going to join as a full fledge member) cause their sports teams overall are just as good if not better than Liberty Benton esp. girls bball and XC. BTW personally wouldn't bother me if Wapak a D3 school joined the MAC, little D6 - D7 Marion Local already plays them in all sports, the Flyers for the most part hold their own. As for the MAC letting LB in the MAC if there was an opening if LB was not so far north, I don't think the MAC would have any problem letting LB in, LCC yes, LB no.
Again, no matter how much you tell us about how great the MAC is, none of it has anything to do with LB being a horrible addition for the NWC.

You keep talking about boys enrollment and success in football. That is not the issue. LB’s girls enrollment is significantly higher than any NWC school with an even higher percentage of those girls participating in sports. They got kicked out of their last league because their girls had not lose a conference varsity volleyball or basketball game in the last 6 years, and it’s only getting worse. LB’s girls sports are the reason why no league with similar size schools will consider them.

Again, no matter how much you tell us about how great the MAC is, none of it has anything to do with LB being a horrible addition for the NWC.

You keep talking about boys enrollment and success in football. That is not the issue. LB’s girls enrollment is significantly higher than any NWC school with an even higher percentage of those girls participating in sports. They got kicked out of their last league because their girls had not lose a conference varsity volleyball or basketball game in the last 6 years, and it’s only getting worse. LB’s girls sports are the reason why no league with similar size schools will consider them.
Poster asked so I answered.

If you think LB is good in bball FL is really good as is their XC teams and VB is not too shabby either. So if you are scared of competition, you don't want Fort Loramie as a full fledge member. I don't get it is the goal to win a "watered" down conference title or bring in the best competition to be able give yourself a better chance of winning a state title.