Lima Perry or Ada ?

BirdDog10

Is the Delphos void of football talent as DSJ has struggled with talent and numbers recently as well....
The football talent has definitely dropped in Delphos, people from both schools will agree with that. Lack of talent doesn't excuse how bad Taviano's program was though. DSJ is suffering from the same lack of talent and numbers as Jefferson, but is still a respectable program that will compete in their league and win some non-conference games, that was not at all the case with Taviano at Jefferson.

Hopefully they can both regain some of their old status. As an outsider from Grove I've always admired the football tradition at both schools. St. John's playoff record speaks for itself, and Jefferson, even though very down in the last 3 years, still leads the NWC in overall and outright league championships. When the teams are good, there's not many better places in the area than Stadium Park to watch a big time football game

thavoice

The football talent has definitely dropped in Delphos, people from both schools will agree with that. Lack of talent doesn't excuse how bad Taviano's program was though. DSJ is suffering from the same lack of talent and numbers as Jefferson, but is still a respectable program that will compete in their league and win some non-conference games, that was not at all the case with Taviano at Jefferson.

Hopefully they can both regain some of their old status. As an outsider from Grove I've always admired the football tradition at both schools. St. John's playoff record speaks for itself, and Jefferson, even though very down in the last 3 years, still leads the NWC in overall and outright league championships. When the teams are good, there's not many better places in the area than Stadium Park to watch a big time football game
DSJ is far from competing in their league.

BirdDog10

I guess I'm using pretty low standards for "competing" in this example. Not saying that they are competing for league championships (granted, much harder to do when having 1 instead of 2 state champs in your league is a "down year") or even in the middle of their league, just stating that they are much more competitive in the MAC than Jefferson was with Taviano, even if that's only winning 1 or 2 league games and not getting blown out by 3+ possessions every week. Taviano's team literally only had 2 league games decided by less than 45 points.

StateChampion2012

Like I said in the MAC thread, 30 kids on the roster in the MAC isnt going to cut it. But Birddog is right In the fact that DSJ is in better shape than Jefferson was under LT. DSJ might have struggled to win in the MAC but they did win a playoff game this past season and likely would've been in league title contention if they were in the NWCC. Maybe would've been a middle of the pack NWC team if we're talking hypotheticals. DSJ still has good coaching.

It's a shame that the Delphos schools have fallen off as much as they have. Maybe someone like a Wapak assistant can come in and turn things around?

BirdDog10

It's a shame that the Delphos schools have fallen off as much as they have. Maybe someone like a Wapak assistant can come in and turn things around?
If Wapak's coaches are all so incredible, why are you trying to pawn them off to every area school with an opening??

BirdDog10

Jefferson did almost get Kyle Harmon when he was at Wapak. Now he's gone on to be one of the best coaches in NW Ohio
I don't think Harmon was ever interested in the Delphos job. If he was, he would have gotten it, especially before the 2018 season.

Harmon seems like he will be a very good coach in the long run for Elida, hometown graduate that is committed long term, but to say he's "gone on to be one of the best coaches in NW Ohio" after 1 6-3 season with no league title and no playoff wins is quite a stretch.

Insane92

I don't think Harmon was ever interested in the Delphos job. If he was, he would have gotten it, especially before the 2018 season.

Harmon seems like he will be a very good coach in the long run for Elida, hometown graduate that is committed long term, but to say he's "gone on to be one of the best coaches in NW Ohio" after 1 6-3 season with no league title and no playoff wins is quite a stretch.
FootballFan20 doesn't listen to reason and his whole Wapak shtick is getting old already.

theterribletowel

If they had a teaching job he would have taken it

theterribletowel

They did, they’ve hired several new teacher coaches in the last few years including Taviano for a year
My understanding was that he accepted the job pending a physical education teaching position at the hs that didn't pan out. Delphos schools have all kinds of financial issues they aren't creating positions for coaches

My understanding was that he accepted the job pending a physical education teaching position at the hs that didn't pan out. Delphos schools have all kinds of financial issues they aren't creating positions for coaches
Which is a shame because if they want to run a real program they should consult Wapak on how it's done.

OhioFootball25

Jefferson did almost get Kyle Harmon when he was at Wapak. Now he's gone on to be one of the best coaches in NW Ohio
Is this Kyle Harmon himself? Didn't Elida lose to a 4-5 Monroe team in the playoffs? Then turned around and beat two teams that had a combined record of 4-14 by a total of 15 points? Slow down slappy.

He did dodge a bullet on the Delphos Jefferson job though and is doing a solid job at Elida.

BirdDog10

Is this Kyle Harmon himself? Didn't Elida lose to a 4-5 Monroe team in the playoffs? Then turned around and beat two teams that had a combined record of 4-14 by a total of 15 points? Slow down slappy.

He did dodge a bullet on the Delphos Jefferson job though and is doing a solid job at Elida.
No, just some annoying anonymous troll likely trying to make Wapak fans look bad