Lexington girls?

A. Vandelay

Anyone know what Lexington is doing? I'm inclined to believe they still should be the #1 team but haven't seen much out of them save one race.

History says they will be there. They are well-coached so a pipeline of the next wave coming each and every year. They appear to be the favorite but I was looking through district results and realize Oakwood should not be overlooked. If their #5 can have a great meet they could challenge. SVSM and Granville are solid but not at the same level as Lexington at least on paper. That should be 4 of the top 5. Who am I missing?

I think Oakwood has too big a gap at 5. Is Lexington's #1 better than Granville and $V$M's. They all have similar gaps. I would think Lexington is the better of the 3 right now.

I find the D2 girls fun to follow this year because although Lexington is the clear favorite, there are three other teams that could scare them if everything goes well and Lexington stumbles a little. The other fun thing is that each of those four teams are from different regions and will not have seen each other prior to state. There might also be others I am overlooking that a state scoring will help. With four different weather and course conditions the times going into state will be fun to compare and attempt to predict. Lexington has not shown any stumbles at state in the last several years so I expect them to rein but it will be fun to see each region represented toward the top.

Anyone know what Lexington is doing? I'm inclined to believe they still should be the #1 team but haven't seen much out of them save one race.
I think we got an answer today. 26 pts. to win the Tiffin Regional. Tiffin or not, 5 girls under 19:30 is darned good for a D2 school.

I think we got an answer today. 26 pts. to win the Tiffin Regional. Tiffin or not, 5 girls under 19:30 is darned good for a D2 school.

Yes, Lexington is coming on at the right time like they do most every year in recent history. Like others have said Oakwood's 4th and especially 5th are too far back for them to challenge. If Woodridge can run a similar race next week they should challenge for runner-up along with SVSM. The 4th region champ, Granville did not run very well in relation to competition. It doesn't appear the fight for the title will be as close as I thought a week ago.