lebron: no football in my house

"Hey, soccer is just as rough as football and even has more injuries and more concussions so don't you make fun of soccer! Huh? What's that? You think LeBron is an idiot and based on my argument we should phase out soccer too? No, that's not what I meant. Soccer isn't that bad. I'm just making up sht to try to look smart for EP who instantly sides with anybody against Slide... because he needs the help."

Crusaders

e_p used to get some top-shelf help. Where'd the clones go ? Yappi ban-hammer.......?

XAtCCiN.gif

I don't need help as I haven't even taken a position in this argument-- I think LeBron has every right to voice his opinion and it isn't without some merit. Football definitely has an issue with concussions and CTE. In any event, the only thing I wanted to point out is crusaders clearly said soccer isn't as physical as football. To say otherwise is either stupidity or outright lying. :shrug:

Soccer has more cases of concussion and foot, knee, ankle, etc. injuries for obvious reasons. It's not a game for . While not as physical as football or rugby, it's much tougher than some give it credit for being. The gamesmanship on display during matches (diving) is not an implication of the athletes' toughness... though, I wish they would stop bringing out the stretcher crew for every hard foul.

The dangers of football, however, go beyond most other sports because of the amount of violent hits and the wear on the body. The long-term health implications can be pretty severe. Maybe the sports of the future are tennis, golf, and lacrosse.

Ok then. You've successfully made my point. No matter what anybody says, no matter how many soccer fans AND BASKETBALL FANS scream soccer and basketball ARE physical and tough... this thread and my puppets have clearly made the case they are NOT.

Soccer, while fun, is primarily for girls and young boys.

Ok then. You've successfully made my point. No matter what anybody says, no matter how many soccer fans AND BASKETBALL FANS scream soccer and basketball ARE physical and tough... this thread and my puppets have clearly made the case they are NOT.

Soccer, while fun, is primarily for girls and young boys.

So because it isn't as tough and physical as football, neither sport is tough or physical at all? :confused:

So because it isn't as tough and physical as football, neither sport is tough or physical at all? :confused:

Bumping into each other isn't physical. That said, we all have heard soccer and bb fans argue that the two are as tough as football... and in that argument, the soccer fans always point out there are more concussions in soccer than football. A lot of duality in that argument. I say if people like LeBron are going to feed morons like Saders and EP who buy into their crap, they should also point out that kids shouldn't play soccer because of concussions either.

There are more individual cases of concussions in soccer. The severity is the difference between it and football. I don't know how many times that needs to be explained before it will sink in.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That's like saying "Unless you become a super star in the (NBA, NFL, MLB, etc) you suck." That's faulty logic. Just because it isn't as tough and physical as football doesn't make it not tough or physical.

Bumping into each other isn't physical. That said, we all have heard soccer and bb fans argue that the two are as tough as football... and in that argument, the soccer fans always point out there are more concussions in soccer than football. A lot of duality in that argument. I say if people like LeBron are going to feed morons like Saders and EP who buy into their crap, they should also point out that kids shouldn't play soccer because of concussions either.

You're pretty dumb for sure.

Given the correlation football has with cte, I'd say the head injuries are more worrisome in football compared to soccer, especially at the youth level.

Also, I made the following post on the subject:
Btw, I don't necessarily agree with him; my kids have been playing football since the first grade.

There are more individual cases of concussions in soccer. The severity is the difference between it and football. I don't know how many times that needs to be explained before it will sink in.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

So you are clearly basing your argument on that all soccer player concussions aren't as bad as all football player concussions. Also, it has been proven that concussions have a serious cumulative effect no matter how minor. So if your argument is that soccer players get more concussions than football players the logic would stand that they pay for it more later in life. Hence CTE. Do they suffer from that as much as football players? If they don't then they don't receive more concussions. It may just mean football players aren't reporting them as much as soccer.....which I think is the case.

The NHI data in this study indicates the concussion rate is higher for football than any sport. Also, the incidence rates of concussions at the youth level are much lower in other sports, including soccer, than football.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2987636/#!po=9.61538

So according to this link Saders is arguing with false data? Well, no wonder he isn't making any sense.

BTW, I think soccer and bb are fine sports suited perfectly for people who don't like the physicality of football. No shame in that. Wrestling and boxing are the same way... not for everybody. If I offended any soccer peeps, I apologize. I was just using Saders points against him to show the falacy in his argument.

So according to this link Saders is arguing with false data? Well, no wonder he isn't making any sense.

BTW, I think soccer and bb are fine sports suited perfectly for people who don't like the physicality of football. No shame in that. Wrestling and boxing are the same way... not for everybody. If I offended any soccer peeps, I apologize. I was just using Saders points against him to show the falacy in his argument.

So it is finally settled. Soccer isn't tough and either are soccer players. Crusaders himself said they run the stretcher on the field all the time.

The POTUS already said the same (if he had a son). Hopefully you're not suggesting that Lebron is more influential than Obama.