LeBron James political opinions

TP, you ever listen/read Thomas Sowell? Or is he just an “Uncle Tom” because he doesn’t get down with “black” culture?

Fair enough. Including conservatives, who think that female athletes who speak out against gender inequality, or black male athletes who speak against racial inequality, "don't know nothing." Everything ain't for you, and that's fine.
Yet democrats are the ones letting biological males compete against and crush women in women's sports.

Fair debate. Let them (female athletes) speak, by all means. Not sure how much you need to mansplain it for them.
Many of them have spoken out. But don't tell me about hurting female rights when your party is the one condoning this garbage. That is a war on women.

Nice try on the mansplaining angle too. I'm the one defending women's rights here. The democrats are the ones taking those away by letting men compete in those sports

Last edited:
Fair enough. Including conservatives, who think that female athletes who speak out against gender inequality, or black male athletes who speak against racial inequality, "don't know nothing." Everything ain't for you, and that's fine.
I think the issue with all this is in 2021, all athletes, male, female, minorities doesn't matter, have the best sports opportunities in the history of mankind. Every generation of young people and I'll say anyone from the time they are 15-25, think their generation has it tough. I just want people to do a little research, ask older people what it was like. I'm in my mid 50's. I grew up in the 70's and 80's. I never, EVER remember a time when a black athlete was denied a spot of a pro sports team due to race. Professional sports is about WINNING. Whoever gives you the best chance to win, you add them to your team. Now has there ever been racism in pro sports?? Yes, in the 1950's and 60's. That's a long, long time ago.
Females, girls in sports was completely foreign until the 70's and 80's. There are so so many more opportunities today for girls in sports than ever before. However, largely for TEAM sports, it's about non-existent. The American population does not consume women's team sports. The closest was the US women's soccer team, and they've screwed it up by going woke and not appreciating the attention they got. Women's sports, post high school and college are almost all in individual sports, tennis, golf, figure skating, etc. And with that said, the US women's soccer program is light years ahead of their competitors around the world. There are still many countries who don't have women's sports. So again a little gratitude for what kids have here would be appreciated rather than whining.

TP, you ever listen/read Thomas Sowell? Or is he just an “Uncle Tom” because he doesn’t get down with “black” culture?

Is he one of the good ones?

Yes I have, somewhat. Extremely accomplished, intelligent, and offers a valuable perspective.

If LeBron or any other athlete or whoever has to "shut up and dribble," then we should all shut up and *insert job function,* right? Shut up and crunch numbers, shut up and run a report, shut up and pave the roads, shut up and fix the toilet, shut up and start an IV. It's only fair.

Let's hear everyone's 'shut up and _____'!

If LeBron or any other athlete or whoever has to "shut up and dribble," then we should all shut up and *insert job function,* right? Shut up and crunch numbers, shut up and run a report, shut up and pave the roads, shut up and fix the toilet, shut up and start an IV. It's only fair.

I don’t get interviewed by National news outlets when I leave work ?

stop posting.....

I don’t have millions of kids that believe every word out of my mouth because I can put a ball through a hole (he’s quite impressive at this I may add).
He’s very divisive with his rhetoric; “my people”, “they try and weaken us” , “they try to make us feel like we’re not kings and queens”. That’s divisive. I listened to the clip on the radio today of him being asked about Malcom X’s book, sounded like a 4th grader giving an oral book report. Here is the clip (I had to go find it):

What is up with all the kings and queens talk about? I’ve never understood that?

Also, who is the “they” he speaks of? Who is it that is attempting to weaken “us”? What “they” try to make “us” feel like not kings and queens?

This is very complex, can Prov1 please stop by and white-splain it to me?

There is nothing wrong with going out and being a great athlete and earning millions of dollars, and when asked for their opinion about a political issue saying I have no comment. Or better yet, saying something like everyone in this country has the greatest opportunities of any place on the planet, and you should work hard and can you attain your dreams; don't be a deadbeat.

But, so many people in this country simply don't know when to bite their tongue.

I don’t have millions of kids that believe every word out of my mouth because I can put a ball through a hole (he’s quite impressive at this I may add).
He’s very divisive with his rhetoric; “my people”, “they try and weaken us” , “they try to make us feel like we’re not kings and queens”. That’s divisive. I listened to the clip on the radio today of him being asked about Malcom X’s book, sounded like a 4th grader giving an oral book report. Here is the clip (I had to go find it):

What is up with all the kings and queens talk about? I’ve never understood that?

Also, who is the “they” he speaks of? Who is it that is attempting to weaken “us”? What “they” try to make “us” feel like not kings and queens?

This is very complex, can Prov1 please stop by and white-splain it to me?
Lmao chill out, man. He gets asked questions, he's unafraid to answer them how he wants. Part of his job is to talk to the media and they ask him about this stuff. So he gives his opinion. Everyone knows he's not the most educated person in sports; he didn't and doesn't have to be. And I'd argue that kids most likely aren't listening to athletes give interviews lol game ends and they have tons of other stuff to keep them entertained and any kids I've known doesn't wanna watch someone talk. I've been coaching 10-18 year-olds for about 10 years and I've never heard any of them discuss or talk about what an athlete said in a pre or post game/practice interview. They talk about the games themselves, players, specific plays, injuries, etc. They couldn't give a sh|it less about what the athletes have to say afterward. I think that narrative is overplayed and untrue. They look up to them in how they play and want to emulate their game, but not much else beyond that.

As for the kings and queens stuff, I don't know. It's just something black people use. Doesn't bother me ?‍♂️

Lmao chill out, man. He gets asked questions, he's unafraid to answer them how he wants. Part of his job is to talk to the media and they ask him about this stuff. So he gives his opinion. Everyone knows he's not the most educated person in sports; he didn't and doesn't have to be. And I'd argue that kids most likely aren't listening to athletes give interviews lol game ends and they have tons of other stuff to keep them entertained and any kids I've known doesn't wanna watch someone talk. I've been coaching 10-18 year-olds for about 10 years and I've never heard any of them discuss or talk about what an athlete said in a pre or post game/practice interview. They talk about the games themselves, players, specific plays, injuries, etc. They couldn't give a sh|it less about what the athletes have to say afterward. I think that narrative is overplayed and untrue. They look up to them in how they play and want to emulate their game, but not much else beyond that.

As for the kings and queens stuff, I don't know. It's just something black people use. Doesn't bother me ?‍♂️
I’m so chill bro I’m on ice?. That’s what we’re here for, is it not? To debate topics, talk about current events/culture? LeBron is a monumental pop culture icon, one of the biggest ever. Now it’s “kids don’t really listen to him man.” Some adults do bro.

Can you answer what two sides, the “they” and “us” he speaks of, he is pitting against one another?

I don't mind LeBron James speaking his mind about issues he believes in. That is his right. But we also have a right to call out when he is wrong. He is very ordinary when communicating his beliefs. He would probably hold his own on here anonymously but would not be persuasive in most of his arguments. Some of his ideas would be laughed at and he would probably get very frustrated by not being able to use his fame and notoriety to get people to pat him on the back.

I don't mind LeBron James speaking his mind about issues he believes in. That is his right. But we also have a right to call out when he is wrong. He is very ordinary when communicating his beliefs. He would probably hold his own on here anonymously but would not be persuasive in most of his arguments. Some of his ideas would be laughed at and he would probably get very frustrated by not being able to use his fame and notoriety to get people to pat him on the back.

Unlike who, Laura Ingram or Tucker Carlson? They have a legion of followers.

Lebron isn't discussing economic theory or energy policy. But seems he'd be at least as qualified to talk about race issues and the black community as white people. Granted if he was not a mega superstar he'd barely be a voice in the crowd, but he IS a mega superstar, with a huge platform, and does use his voice. And for the positive imo.

Unlike who, Laura Ingram or Tucker Carlson? They have a legion of followers.

Lebron isn't discussing economic theory or energy policy. But seems he'd be at least as qualified to talk about race issues and the black community as white people. Granted if he was not a mega superstar he'd barely be a voice in the crowd, but he IS a mega superstar, with a huge platform, and does use his voice. And for the positive imo.
Laura Ingram and Tucker Carlson are far more persuasive than LeBron. Much the same as the talking heads on CNN and MSNBC. LeBron is a rec league player when it comes to persuasiveness and understanding the debates.

Interestingly, I've always seen a similarity between Trump and LeBron. Both are mega stars and political outsiders. Neither are particularly good at speaking. They make statements many times on feelings and can be wrong because they don't have handlers. LeBron and Trump have both done good for their constituents but alienated those from the opposite side of the political spectrum.

There are certain exceptions regarding size of the business, revenue, seasonal work, age etc. I’m fine with that.

Are you fine helping a profitable company pay for their own workers with your tax dollars so they don’t have to? Talk about a scam. What, you don’t realize YOU are why companies can pay below poverty wages? Hate to brake that to you.
like i said i'm worried about SMALL businesses SHUTTING down..... so are you saying the democrats don't want all Min wages to be at $15? all across the board... because i have NOT heard that....

Wrong. Lebron (and Kapernik) are pimps. Slavery and oppression anywhere is wrong. Racism is racism. Lebron doesn't get to pick which racism he opposes and which he benefits from. Doesn't work that way LePimp.
post of the day!

Lol You want men playing women's sports? Just do away with the gender terms. One sport for everyone of them. Let's get it done, Joe knows
great idea, everybody trys out ... it would save HS's lots of money.........College sports, just one team, no more men and womens BB teams just one........ gosh, this makes a lot of sense....

So imagine if Nike had a sweatshop in Akron paying African-American sub-minimum wage? Would he speak out then? If "yes", why not now?

All true, but when he talks about race in America he has every right and his opinion definitely matters. His voice is important to Africa Americans, and as a result, his opinion on race should matter to us all.

Can anyone (or you)answer what two sides, the “they” and “us” he speaks of; he is pitting against one another? How is that valuable? Nobody thinks the KKK had “valuable” talking points when they were demonizing a segment of society based on appearance. So who are the “they” and “us”, he speaks of? Is the “they” white people? And the “us” black people? All white people are “they”? All black people are “us”? Definitely casting a large net!

So imagine if Nike had a sweatshop in Akron paying African-American sub-minimum wage? Would he speak out then? If "yes", why not now?

I'm guessing because 1) he is not Chinese or in China 2) he is black and in America 3) it affects his bottom dollar. Does that make him a hypocrite? Sure. Is he still speaking out, in his eyes, against racial inequality in America? Sure. Both can be true.