League Play

Crusaders

EPL starts in about a week. Guessing Man City will be the favorite. Hoping Chelsea can ride the momentum they had at the end of last season

The Crew are in a bit of a rough patch. Outscored 8-3 in their last two matches. They really need to do something about their CBs because they’ve been absolutely terrible recently

I went to watch FC Cincinnati play at Red Bull Arena last night. They drew 0-0 in a pretty underwhelming display. They're now winless in their last 7.

It's pretty fascinating how a team can be so consistently bad 2.5 seasons into a MLS venture despite spending lots of money trying to improve.

Crew dropped another. 0 points in their last 4 games. IDK what the hell is going on but they need to snap out of it soon

Chelsea predictably drubbed Crystal Palace 3-0. Pulisic had a nice goal

Crew finally broke the winless streak against FCC last night. Great game

Two very rough goals for FCC to concede in quick succession late in the 2nd half.

I only watched the highlights, so I'll assume Crew outplayed them for the entire match and the final score reflected that, but oof, I'd be surprised if there was any other MLS team that has ever had FCC's consistently bad luck/fortune over 2.5 straight MLS seasons.

Happy to see Young Boys beat Manchester United in Champions League especially with how embarrassing the match ended for United.

FC Cincinnati suffers their 10th consecutive loss and secures the worst record in MLS for the 3rd consecutive season with 2 matches remaining.

Pathetic.

Crew missed the playoffs by 1 point, finished 9th in the East.

If only they played the pressing, attack-oriented game all season that they did today. I know Chicago isn't a good team, but the Crew created enough good chances to score 6+ goals today.

It's the MLS preseason. Will NYCFC win a second cup? Which conference will be tougher, eastern or western? Will my LA Galaxy win their sixth?

FC Cincinnati, what was up with the dismal attendance tonight, maybe 200 people in the stands against an old rival .... does this tourney not mean anything anymore because it was big before they became an MSL club.....

The game was only announced 2 or 3 weeks prior, on a Tuesday night, during a multi week stretch of cold and wet weather, plus it was only the round of 64. I usually go to a lot of games, but decided to pass on this one.

If they end up hosting any more this year, I would expect the number of attendees to grow exponentially

I was there. Definitely more than half full... A reported 20,883, but I would guess between 17000 and 18000 in reality.

What point are you attempting to prove?

Have to give a shout out to my beloved club of 12+ years, Wigan Athletic, who were crowned champions of League One (English 3rd division) last weekend.

They'll return to the Championship next season and could possibly face off against the likes of Everton, whose stadium is less than 20 miles from their own.

Their Hong Kong-based owners abandoned the club in July 2020 in one of the most scandalous ordeals the football world has seen in recent memory and the club nearly folded as they held on by a string for the next 9 months.

They were purchased (for less than $4 million) by a Bahraini businessman in late March 2021 and have bounced back tremendously over the past 13+ months.

Crew beat the Fire last night 3-2 after trailing 2-0 at the half. The win extended their unbeaten run to 6 matches. They're now sitting in 8th in the EC at 25 points, 1 behind Cincy with a game in hand.

Thriller in DC. Crew lost a 1-0 lead in the 80th, answered immediately in the 81st only to suffer a 2-2 draw via a stoppage time goal. A road point nonetheless and the unbeaten streak continues.

I'm excited for the Hell is Real derby this Sunday.

I believe it'll mark the first time ever that FCC is ahead of the Crew in the MLS standings since the two teams have started playing.

Both teams haven't lost a MLS match since May.

FCC should be running all their attack to Pedro Santos’ side right now he’s having an absolute nightmare of a match so far

The Crew turned a corner on this season with the Cucho acquisition. What a young player.

We should see movement up the table and a solidified playoff spot in the next 6-7 weeks.They have a great deal of momentum heading into a home heavy part of the schedule.

Exciting week ahead for Ohio MLS fans.

FCC sit 5th in the Eastern Conference table with 46 points, while the Crew who have 45 points are in 8th.

FCC has one game left while the Crew still have two.

Top 7 teams in the conference make the play-offs.