LCC Working To Fill A Football Schedule As An Independent

Word on the street is LCC will be playing with the BVC. Schedule to be released later tonight per John Schnieders via Twitter

Last edited:
what a joke! not surprised these schools won’t play a team that might beat them. So what you lose a game everyone makes the playoffs. Cant wait for LCC to play one of these teams in the playoffs and run the score up on them for this gutless act.

I have watched LCC play the last two years (Lucas split with them) and let me tell you, they are going to be dynamite this season. PG, with their low numbers, is saving themselves a running clock smackdown.

I don’t think PGs numbers are that low I am hearing closer to 40 players for PG and around 30 for LCC. It’s not a numbers thing it’s all about the W/L.

what a joke! not surprised these schools won’t play a team that might beat them. So what you lose a game everyone makes the playoffs. Cant wait for LCC to play one of these teams in the playoffs and run the score up on them for this gutless act.
Exactly, with everybody making the playoffs I would think you would want to play tough games to get more prepared. I was really surprised that McComb backed out. They aren’t too far removed from being State Champs.

I’ll believe that schools are now backing out on LCC when it is actually announced. And I highly doubt that McComb would be one of them. They are hard-nosed and always up for a big game, if I remember right they even have Marion Local on their schedule for next year.

from the sounds of it, its the Superintendents who dont want to play. The coaches are all for it! They know that iron sharpens iron. This is crap

from the sounds of it, its the Superintendents who dont want to play. The coaches are all for it! They know that iron sharpens iron. This is crap

When was the last time a superintendent at one of those schools backed their football team out of a scheduled game? Maybe it’s just the schools I’m familiar with but I have never seen a superintendent actively involved in a team’s scheduling. Seems like rumors to me.

When was the last time a superintendent at one of those schools backed their football team out of a scheduled game? Maybe it’s just the schools I’m familiar with but I have never seen a superintendent actively involved in a team’s scheduling. Seems like rumors to me.
I have been a high school coach for almost 20 yrs and believe me superintendents, and even principals, are more engaged at getting involved and having a say in sports than you would imagine, just saying.

I’ll believe that schools are now backing out on LCC when it is actually announced. And I highly doubt that McComb would be one of them. They are hard-nosed and always up for a big game, if I remember right they even have Marion Local on their schedule for next year.
LCC schedule per arbiter
Still looking for week 4 opponent

Attachments

• 9A6100F0-1101-4022-9170-D16C2255B391.png
    9A6100F0-1101-4022-9170-D16C2255B391.png
    449.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
McComb and PG have both backed out of their games against LCC
Coach Clay hasn't heard anything about these teams backing out... he's just going by what is on Arbiter, which still has LCC listed as having 2 scrimmages and playing Spencerville in week 3 and Toledo Rogers, who isn't even having football this year, in week 5. Quit spreading rumors with absolutely no basis behind them.