Kirk Cousins? Vikings?

cjb56

As a lifelong Vikings fan, and season ticket holder, I am in a holding pattern during Mike Zimmer’s tenure as head coach. I feel he is a competent coach, and Rick Spielman as GM has put together a very talented roster.

They have a Super Bowl-caliber roster, IMO. The questions would be coach and QB. Does Zimmer have the ability to take a team from good to great? Can Kirk Cousins lead a team to the promised land, or is he the ceiling preventing it?

All depends on the Kirk Cousin that shows up. He's streaky as hell and will go on 3 or 4 game stretches where he looks like a top 10 QB and similar stretches where he looks Nathan Peterman. You just have to hope they make the playoffs and he goes on one of the good streaks.

Brady is being pretty coy about next year.
A super bowl caliber team, and playing at least 9 the games inside...…...

Cousins is on fire now, but he needs to be hot in Dec and Jan. If he is, the Vikings have a great shot at finally winning the big one. They have no glaring weakness on the team, but they are built for speed...so getting home field is important. They will not be the same team on grass in the playoffs.

I firmly believe the Vikings will never get over the hump as long as Mike Zimmer is coach. Just can never win those important games. Got the Chiefs without Mahomes and couldn't do it. How much more friggin talent on the roster does this guy need? If they do anything short of appearing in the NFC championship game, it’s time to part ways with Zimmer and bring in a coach that can maximize Cousins...because Cousins contract is untradeable.

I firmly believe the Vikings will never get over the hump as long as Mike Zimmer is coach. Just can never win those important games. Got the Chiefs without Mahomes and couldn't do it. How much more friggin talent on the roster does this guy need? If they do anything short of appearing in the NFC championship game, it’s time to part ways with Zimmer and bring in a coach that can maximize Cousins...because Cousins contract is untradeable.
The Bengals would take Zimmer in a heartbeat, the Browns as well.

Vikings make up for the loss in KC with a big win in Dallas. Totally shut down Zeke.

Jason Garrett was a moron on that last drive. How - after seeing Zeke contained the entire game - he decided to run the ball to kill clock assuming Zeke would now get yards, is beyond me. Prescott was hot as hell in the quick offense, and Garrett killed the momentum out of fear they couldn't hold a lead if they scored quickly. Friggin' idiot.

Jason Garrett was a moron on that last drive. How - after seeing Zeke contained the entire game - he decided to run the ball to kill clock assuming Zeke would now get yards, is beyond me. Prescott was hot as hell in the quick offense, and Garrett killed the momentum out of fear they couldn't hold a lead if they scored quickly. Friggin' idiot.
Jason Garrett is an Ivy Leaguer and highly organized. Freddie has salsa stains on his sweatshirt. Apparently not all Ivy Leaguers are created equal, as Stefanski out-dueled Garrett. Both exceed Freddie’s acumen, however.