• Chardon by 1-6

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Chardon by 7-13

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Chardon by 14+

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

bkmk1

Who wins and what kind of score are we looking at? What type of game are we looking at. Down to the wire nail biter that could go either way or 1 teams pretty much controls the game, or somewhere in between? All feedback is welcome.

Chardon needs to stop the pass and limit quick scoring drives and control the TOP. Kenston needs to pass block and stretch the field to open up Sean Patrick. Chardon is insanely quick on run D and pursues the ball well. Kenston needs to mix up the play calls to keep Chardon guessing. But that's all just a theory...

If Kenston can’t run the ball tomorrow night, then they will be in a for long evening. Good luck to both teams.

Chardon by at least 3 TD’s. Could be another Train Wreck for
The Bombers.
This will be a good game,yes Kenston had an ugly loss,but who thought Chardon would give up 50 to tiffin,not many including me,they always play great defense.Throw the records out,this will be a brawl,we know what they are gonna do,and they know what we are gonna go,we know each other very well.could be a tight game could be a trainwreck for either team.

This will be a good game,yes Kenston had an ugly loss,but who thought Chardon would give up 50 to tiffin,not many including me,they always play great defense.Throw the records out,this will be a brawl,we know what they are gonna do,and they know what we are gonna go,we know each other very well.could be a tight game could be a trainwreck for either team.
Kenston was embarrassed last week and they have the most to prove in this game. I don't know if that is enough to beat Chardon, but I agree that this is one of those "throw the records out" type of game.

I won't give a prediction cause I don't know Kenston at all. That said, I believe for any D3 level team, you have to be able to throw on Chardon. That's what Tiffin did, that's all Watty could do, their front 7 get after it. On defense, you have to commit to stop a very complex multi-option offense that runs 95% of the time. Chardon offesnse doesn't allow 1 great player to stop it. You need a team effort of kids staying on their responsibilities and making 1-1 tackles. Watty did it as best you can I think...... and they still popped a few long runs off.

If Kenton can keep this close game, they might be a threat to win region IMO.

I won't give a prediction cause I don't know Kenston at all. That said, I believe for any D3 level team, you have to be able to throw on Chardon. That's what Tiffin did, that's all Watty could do, their front 7 get after it. On defense, you have to commit to stop a very complex multi-option offense that runs 95% of the time. Chardon offesnse doesn't allow 1 great player to stop it. You need a team effort of kids staying on their responsibilities and making 1-1 tackles. Watty did it as best you can I think...... and they still popped a few long runs off.

Once this game is over, Kenston and Chardon both play Riverside. Those outcomes will give a better picture of the region. Ursuline and VASJ also play each other. This region has a lot of good regular season games left and the winner of the region will definitely be battle-tested!

Once this game is over, Kenston and Chardon both play Riverside. Those outcomes will give a better picture of the region. Ursuline and VASJ also play each other. This region has a lot of good regular season games left and the winner of the region will definitely be battle-tested!
How good is Ursuline? Do you think they are better then Chardon (anyone with knowledge please answer)

They look good on paper. Beat your common opponent by a lot more than you did and is Steubenville's only loss.
No doubt -- no excuses but....... Watty did have 6 (yes 6) turnovers vs Padua got zero turnovers and still won. Just saying that is as bad as team can play and still walked out with W. ha

How good is Ursuline? Do you think they are better then Chardon (anyone with knowledge please answer)
Can't speak for Chardon, but obviously can for Ursuline.

The skill room is probably the best Ursuline has ever had. Electric slot junior WR who get the ball in numerous different ways. Has no offers yet due to size but wouldn't be shocked if he gets one after the season. Sophomore WR is a power 5 caliber player. Not sure if he can continue to play though because he transferred from a tumultuous JFK program. He's big, fast, and catches everything. The other WRs can all score from anywhere on the field and have. RB is committed to Princeton. QB has really come into his own and is a field general has some D2 offers.

OL had five new starters this year, and has been a pleasant surprise-albeit untested. Above average size. LT is great size.

Defense is led by Senior DE with multiple lower level D1 offers. If this team has a weakness, I would say it's its front 7. They've only had one real test this year (Steubenville) and they had some success running the ball. DBs are talented and young, but have a ton of reps in from last season. Also, if you're in obvious passing downs, Ursuline will pin its ears back and you're playing into their hands.

Tomorrow will be a huge litmus test for the Irish. They go to Fitch. The most talented team on Ursuline's schedule.

Can't speak for Chardon, but obviously can for Ursuline.

The skill room is probably the best Ursuline has ever had. Electric slot junior WR who get the ball in numerous different ways. Has no offers yet due to size but wouldn't be shocked if he gets one after the season. Sophomore WR is a power 5 caliber player. Not sure if he can continue to play though because he transferred from a tumultuous JFK program. He's big, fast, and catches everything. The other WRs can all score from anywhere on the field and have. RB is committed to Princeton. QB has really come into his own and is a field general has some D2 offers.

OL had five new starters this year, and has been a pleasant surprise-albeit untested. Above average size. LT is great size.

Defense is led by Senior DE with multiple lower level D1 offers. If this team has a weakness, I would say it's its front 7. They've only had one real test this year (Steubenville) and they had some success running the ball. DBs are talented and young, but have a ton of reps in from last season. Also, if you're in obvious passing downs, Ursuline will pin its ears back and you're playing into their hands.

Tomorrow will be a huge litmus test for the Irish. They go to Fitch. The most talented team on Ursuline's schedule.
Nice write up. Thank you.

I watched Ursuline play Stuebenville first game of the year,they made Stuebenville look stupid.they have a great QB that can sling it all over the place,which isn’t good for Chardon,but that’s why they play the game
Not sure about that. Doesn't Chardon have 2 D1/All state kids in their secondary plus Hewitt's kid? The last 3 years with Sulka, Toth, Doyle, Liebhardt All State and now Columbi and Bruce they are always tough at safety and CB. I would never say they're easy for a QBs to thrown on them.

Not sure about that. Doesn't Chardon have 2 D1/All state kids in their secondary plus Hewitt's kid? The last 3 years with Sulka, Toth, Doyle, Liebhardt All State and now Columbi and Bruce they are always tough at safety and CB. I would never say they're easy for a QBs to thrown on them.
Tiffin had a field day throwing against them,scoring 50.you are not gonna run on Chardon.passing teams seem to have more success against Chardon

Tiffin had a field day throwing against them,scoring 50.you are not gonna run on Chardon.passing teams seem to have more success against Chardon
I could be wrong, but I think the Tiffin game is an outlier for Chadon. It was a combination of Chardon playing terrible in the secondary (literally 3 broken coverages) and the QB having a phenomenal day.

They do have 2 DI players in the secondary. I’d be shocked if what happened against Tiffin happens again. Not taking anything away from Tiffin because they were the better team that night, but if Chardon played them again I think it would be a 35-14, 35-21 victory for Chardon.

Ironically BW could only get away with the pass game and still snuck out of their home field with only a 4 point win. The best i can tell from video If Chardon had any type of pass game they would be a hassle for any D3 defense.

I bet Chardons head coach had plenty to say to the D during film. And i cant help but wonder how the 2 1/2 hour drive affects some of these kids. Chardons done it twice this year. The following week after Tiffin they played Avon Lake who supposedly has a D1 college O lineman and running back and Chardon held them to 10 points.

I could be wrong, but I think the Tiffin game is an outlier for Chadon. It was a combination of Chardon playing terrible in the secondary (literally 3 broken coverages) and the QB having a phenomenal day.

They do have 2 DI players in the secondary. I’d be shocked if what happened against Tiffin happens again. Not taking anything away from Tiffin because they were the better team that night, but if Chardon played them again I think it would be a 35-14, 35-21 victory for Chardon.
I agree -- that game shocked me especially now after BW played and won against both. Chardon made Watty 1 dimensional and is a better overall team although the Rogo kids are super tough to stop. A D1 QB keeps you always in HS games.

Ironically BW could only get away with the pass game and still snuck out of their home field with only a 4 point win. The best i can tell from video If Chardon had any type of pass game they would be a hassle for any D3 defense.
Its true but also understand Chardon focus on crushing the run from what I could tell vs Watty and trusted 1-1 coverage in secondary most of the night. That is hard to maintain with good passing offenses. If I were Chardon and played BW again, I would have backed off run a bit as kids were good enough and fast enough to not need to sell out to handle Watty running game. Plus Chardon Def ends wreaked Havoc all night! both played very well.

I bet Chardons head coach had plenty to say to the D during film. And i cant help but wonder how the 2 1/2 hour drive affects some of these kids. Chardons done it twice this year. The following week after Tiffin they played Avon Lake who supposedly has a D1 college O lineman and running back and Chardon held them to 10 points.
You're correct that Avon Lake has a sophomore O-lineman getting a lot of big time recruiting looks, but that's it. They don't have a D1 running back, not even close.

You're correct that Avon Lake has a sophomore O-lineman getting a lot of big time recruiting looks, but that's it. They don't have a D1 running back, not even close.
Avon Lake is a good win for Chardon, how good of a win will depend on how the Shoremen do against Avon and Olmsted Falls. (Those three teams have been the measuring stick for the SWC) Avon Lake is historically a run-first team. As other posters have pointed out, a team will need a good passing game to have a chance to beat Chardon.

Back to this game...does Kenston have a passing game that will keep them in the game against Chardon? I've only seen Kenston against Lake Catholic, and based on that game it didn't look like it.

They have a kid going to Virginia Tech. He played safety and receiver, not running back.
This is correct. Their running backs are just kind of average at the moment, especially by AL standards in my opinion. The one is a burner but he's not the biggest so he doesn't break as many arm tackles as you typically seem from an AL back, again in my opinion. I'm not trying to take away from Chardon's win, that's a very good win.

Anyways, sorry for the detour. As an outsider I'd pick Chardon in this one, especially if they can contain the main Kenston back

No doubt -- no excuses but....... Watty did have 6 (yes 6) turnovers vs Padua got zero turnovers and still won. Just saying that is as bad as team can play and still walked out with W. ha
Ursuline put a running clock on Padua at Padua. By contrast, Padua lost in a squeaker two hours away at Watterson without its stud RB who, in his over 4 games, has averaged 250 yards on the ground. From what I've seen of Ursuline in the last 2 years, they're on another level.