Kap, Reid settle with NFL

If you’re a business, it’s definitely worth spending the money to clear your name versus opening up the door for others to treat you like an atm. You can bet they didn’t want to go to court on this for a reason.

And they didn’t settle on $1m, likely a multiple of that x50 at least.

You may be right ... if so, the NFL is a lot dumber than I thought

There's an old axiom in the legal worked that "nobody's ever happy with a good settlement." It's because each side has to give up something.

I suspect the NFL saw some exposure and were concerned with the continuing ongoing bad press while Kaep and Reid saw some uncertainty in their case along with the NFL's unlimited resources to fight them. While the settlement is confidential, something will sneak out at some point.

While I’m sure he gave up something, if Kaep got the rumored $60m, I would have to think he’s pretty satisfied. I wonder what he tipped his caddy.

While I’m sure he gave up something, if Kaep got the rumored $60m, I would have to think he’s pretty satisfied. I wonder what he tipped his caddy.

Between that, the Nike money and the money he'll make from appearances he'll live a very good life for a guy who was a mediocre QB. In time, his legend will grow. That's the way our world is. He'll be a combo of Curt Flood and Muhammad Ali by the time they're done.

Cabez you really think Reid getting drug tested that much was a coincidence? This isn't trolling. This 100% my opinion, they were looking to silence Reid. The Kap thing is a separate issue and my comment you quoted was in regards to Reid, not Kap

I dont blame them, i would try to silence Reid as well. One bad test is all it would take.

I missed this before. Here's an honest response.

I actually know a guy that, in the space of one year, got tapped 4 times for a random in between the annual scheduled tests. If you knew the guy, you'd know it couldn't be more clear that he wasn't doing drugs, so no one was "fishing" for a hot sample.

I have no doubt that the NFL's drug program is administered by a third party. If an NFL employee submitted suspicion-based requests for the testing of an individual, that would certainly be easily recognized and identified as such. I would imagine that the agreement with the players would spell this out if it was within the management's rights, and if it was not, it would take a fool to overstep. The NFL certainly would have found out very early, and would have made efforts immediately to separate the two cases.

Maybe, maybe not, but he likely could have embarrassed them considerably in the discovery process. They settled because they would have been exposed by how they treated him as a free agent. I do know completely innocent entities don’t settle if they did everything above board. Only a fool believes that. :laugh:

No one is completely innocent, but it's pretty clear to anyone that's being honest that he didn't have the chops to back up his salary demands. He got worse every year, and I'm sure that the SF front office nearly pizzed themselves laughing when he opted out of $14.5 million guaranteed.

No one is completely innocent, but it's pretty clear to anyone that's being honest that he didn't have the chops to back up his salary demands. He got worse every year, and I'm sure that the SF front office nearly pizzed themselves laughing when he opted out of $14.5 million guaranteed.

Except we don’t know what his demands were and how that might have evolved. And it appears he is getting the last laugh with the settlement and Nike endorsement.

This caddy likely took 40% of what was left after his expenses were paid.

Kaepernick wasn't quite done kneeling yet after all, but even paying these caddies he's still mile$ ahead of anywhere he could ever be if he was actually playing football. He couldn't beat most DCs one at a time anymore, but then some of the news media and the moron Twitterverse helped him get over on the whole league at once.

I'm glad that those shot by cops died for such a good cause.

Last edited:
Except we don’t know what his demands were and how that might have evolved. And it appears he is getting the last laugh with the settlement and Nike endorsement.

He did laugh last. They ran a great game, and I'm sure if he's honest he'd say his lawyers earned every penny. God knows he wasn't worth half of whatever he ended up with in hush money even if he had dressed for every week since he stopped playing.

The Nike endorsement is more a sad indictment of American youth culture than anything else.

Don't know or care about Reid but Kap is a phony and real of a jem role model for today's youth to see what he has accomplished.Looks nice too with that hairdo...BAM!

He presumed the NFL owners wouldn't collude against him and figured he would get another job.

Said every out-of-touch old person ever.

:laugh: This^ is why they used to say that children should be seen and not heard.

It's not your fault that you haven't even had a chance to do much living yet, but you really should observe for a while, so you have more to base your observations upon.

He presumed the NFL owners wouldn't collude against him and figured he would get another job.

Look, I know that this is difficult for you to understand. Let's take a different approach.

Just because 32 personnel departments with the same salary cap assembling teams to play the same game weigh the same player against his salary demands independently and reach the same conclusion - No, thanks - doesn't mean that they are colluding against him. It may look like collusion if one doesn't have a firm grasp of the situation, but it's not.

Say you have 10 different major landscaping companies working in Charlotte, and ronnie (or his agent, e_p) goes to all of them and says, "I am the best mulch spreader you have ever seen. I run with that wheel barrow all day, and I'm little, so I can get around all those bushes better than anyone. You should pay me $30/hr.". Just because they all say, "Great, Thanks, but no thanks." doesn't mean that they have colluded against ronnie. It just means they are all playing the same game, have the same needs, and value the talent the same way. See, now ?

I hope this helps :thumb:

Look, I know that this is difficult for you to understand. Let's take a different approach.

Just because 32 personnel departments with the same salary cap assembling teams to play the same game weigh the same player against his salary demands independently and reach the same conclusion - No, thanks - doesn't mean that they are colluding against him. It may look like collusion if one doesn't have a firm grasp of the situation, but it's not.

Say you have 10 different major landscaping companies working in Charlotte, and ronnie (or his agent, e_p) goes to all of them and says, "I am the best mulch spreader you have ever seen. I run with that wheel barrow all day, and I'm little, so I can get around all those bushes better than anyone. You should pay me $30/hr.". Just because they all say, "Great, Thanks, but no thanks." doesn't mean that they have colluded against ronnie. It just means they are all playing the same game, have the same needs, and value the talent the same way. See, now ?

The $60 to $80m they paid them says you are wrong. Hope that helps.

What happened here is you made up a scenario and are upset no one believes it here. The nfl isn’t handing Kaep $60-$80m just to go away.

You really struggle with this. You've been characterized by some in here as one with some personal business successes, but it must have been small business. It could not be more clear that the larger scale presented by the business of the NFL is beyond your grasp. But whatever. Let's focus on the thread instead of your personal shortcomings.

First of all, you have no idea what the settlement is. None at all. Secondly, Kaep is only getting what his lawyers say he is getting - whether it is annuitized or in a lump sum - after they take their expenses and their cut. (Like the salesman, the attorney is the first pig at the trough. :D ) Third, they are not just paying for Kaep to go away. With this settlement, the NFL is not only silencing Reid, too, but is keeping the entire National Anthem kneeling issue at bay.

This is exactly what the settlement bought. If you can't understand that these things are worth stiff eight figure sums, that's OK. Your failures do not make me incorrect.

You really struggle with this. You've been characterized by some in here as one with some personal business successes, but it must have been small business. It could not be more clear that the larger scale presented by the business of the NFL is beyond your grasp. But whatever. Let's focus on the thread instead of your personal shortcomings.

First of all, you have no idea what the settlement is. None at all. Secondly, Kaep is only getting what his lawyers say he is getting - whether it is annuitized or in a lump sum - after they take their expenses and their cut. (Like the salesman, the attorney is the first pig at the trough. :D ) Third, they are not just paying for Kaep to go away. With this settlement, the NFL is not only silencing Reid, too, but is keeping the entire National Anthem kneeling issue at bay.

This is exactly what the settlement bought. If you can't understand that these things are worth stiff eight figure sums, that's OK. Your failures do not make me incorrect.

So I have a reputation of some business success and you have the reputation of being a weirdo, who cares?

Yeah, cause the kneeling was such a huge issue lately. Ratings were up, Kaep was essentially a footnote. With a trial and discovery, the nfl obviously knew the risk of exposure and bringing back that black cloud would be an enormous business mistake, so they paid Kaep, a lot. If there was nothing to fear, no risk, the nfl would fight this tooth and nail like it always does in court.

So I have a reputation of some business success and you have the reputation of being a weirdo, who cares?

Any success was likely fake. The weirdo rep certainly is. You and your stooges seem to have fun with it though, like Ted in a trailer. ha ha

Yeah, cause the kneeling was such a huge issue lately. Ratings were up, Kaep was essentially a footnote. With a trial and discovery, the nfl obviously knew the risk of exposure and bringing back that black cloud would be an enormous business mistake, so they paid Kaep, a lot. If there was nothing to fear, no risk, the nfl would fight this tooth and nail like it always does in court.

Thanks for supporting my point. Your spin of the facts fails, though.

Any success was likely fake. The weirdo rep certainly is. You and your stooges seem to have fun with it though, like Ted in a trailer. ha ha

Thanks for supporting my point. Your spin of the facts fails, though.

Well, successful enough that I didn’t need to homeschool my kids, but again, whatever.

Your point was the nfl settled because they didn’t want to risk exposure of their internal communications on the Kaep matter in a trial that would likely cost them more? Okay.

look, i know that this is difficult for you to understand. Let's take a different approach.

Just because 32 personnel departments with the same salary cap assembling teams to play the same game weigh the same player against his salary demands independently and reach the same conclusion - no, thanks - doesn't mean that they are colluding against him. It may look like collusion if one doesn't have a firm grasp of the situation, but it's not.

Say you have 10 different major landscaping companies working in charlotte, and ronnie (or his agent, e_p) goes to all of them and says, "i am the best mulch spreader you have ever seen. I run with that wheel barrow all day, and i'm little, so i can get around all those bushes better than anyone. You should pay me $30/hr.". Just because they all say, "great, thanks, but no thanks." doesn't mean that they have colluded against ronnie. It just means they are all playing the same game, have the same needs, and value the talent the same way. See, now ?

tl;dr.

Fact remains, he and Reid got blackballed by the league. CK was most def good enough to be on a team and this huge settlement proves that the league knows those two got hosed.

Just because your racists nature cannot see it doesn't mean it didnt happen.