July 12th 2012 NFL Supplemental draft

Termite2

The following players are elgible to be drafted on july 12th draft.

Boise State DB Quaylon Ewing,
Baylor -Utah WR Josh Gordon,
Syracuse RB Adam Harris,
Iowa State OT Adrian Haughton,
Carson-Newman LB Larry Lumpkin,
Georgia DE Montez Robinson,
McMurray WR Houston Tuminello
TCU RB Ed Wesley

Gordon 6'4" 225 and a low 4.3 time is the best of the bunch, Cleveland might want to take a flyer on him.
You tube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6R_VKhnpNA

Last edited:

The draft starts at 1pm:
The rules for picking:
" Each team is given the opportunity to submit a bid on any player who is eligible for the supplemental draft. If interested, a team will send the league office an email with the round in which they would like to select a particular player. The team that submits the highest bid is awarded the rights to a player.

If multiple teams submit bids in the same round for the same player, the league will apply a weighted lottery system (performed immediately before the supplemental draft) to determine which team is awarded the player. The system is a bit complicated, but here are the basics:
• Each team's position will be weighted by assigning the weakest team the greatest number of lottery chances and the strongest team the fewest number. Team strength and weakness will be determined by the order of the first round of the previous April's draft, exclusive of any trades.

• Once these values are assigned, teams are split into three groups: 1) Teams that won six or fewer games in the previous regular season; 2) Remaining non-playoff teams; 3) The 12 playoff participants.
• A lottery is performed within each group to produce the order of that group's teams, with the overall order progressing from Group 1 to Group 2 to Group 3.

If a team is successful in its bid, that team forfeits its draft pick in the April draft for the round in which it bid." -NFL.com

Wow did anyone else bid a 2nd? I was hoping for us using our 3rd but I can't complain. He seemed like a good player to get.

Wow did anyone else bid a 2nd? I was hoping for us using our 3rd but I can't complain. He seemed like a good player to get.

According to Dallascowboy.com; the Browns were the only team that put in a 2nd rd bid.

It is a gamble for the Browns; but one that I think that is reasonable.

According to Dallascowboy.com; the Browns were the only team that put in a 2nd rd bid.

It is a gamble for the Browns; but one that I think that is reasonable.

Was listening to Ross Tucker (Sirius XM) on the way in and was a bit surprised.

As a former Browns player he's VERY harsh on this regime. He railed on them for botching the RGIII thing, Holmgren's subsequent whining about the Skins/Rams "good old boy network" and the Browns taking Weeden at 22 when they supposedly had him targeted at 37.

He LOVED the Gordon move and brought up a VERY good point. Getting Gordon this year was essentially using a 3rd round pick for a potential 1st round talent. According to draft charts a 2012 third rounder is the equivalent of a 2013 second rounder.

He also mentioned for the whiners who think this was a "desparation move" that unless Holmgren & Heckert show improvement THIS year, it may be their LAST year. He said that people are bitching about "losing a high draft pick in NEXT years draft." His comment was "when will it be THIS year in Cleveland?" It's ALWAYS "wait until NEXT year." I agree with him 100%. It's only a "bad" pick or a "reach" if Gordon turns out to be a turd.

With guys like Weeden, Schwartz, T-Rich, Mack, Thomas, Pinkston, Little, Gordon & (perhaps) Benjamin on offense along with Haden, Ward, Sheard, Taylor, Rubin, DQ, and a few others, on defense I like this YOUNG nucleus. They just need time to get on the same page and learn how to win together. They may be a little slow out of the gate in 2012 but I expect to see a significant improvement in the final 8 games heading into 2013. It's going to be an exciting time to be a Browns fan, imo.

He LOVED the Gordon move and brought up a VERY good point. Getting Gordon this year was essentially using a 3rd round pick for a potential 1st round talent. According to draft charts a 2012 third rounder is the equivalent of a 2013 second rounder.

The charts are full of BS; a second rd pick is a second rd pick; it may be worth it to an indivual team to trade your 2nd rd pick the next year to get a 3rd rd this year; still doesn't make a 3rd worth a 2nd rd the next year.
I am not a Browns fan; but IMHO- the Browns are being proactive, whether it bites em in the ... in the future is immaterial, they are making moves that they think will benefit the team this year, props to them.
BTW: IMHO, do think it will bite em in the ... in the future.

The charts are full of BS; a second rd pick is a second rd pick; it may be worth it to an indivual team to trade your 2nd rd pick the next year to get a 3rd rd this year; still doesn't make a 3rd worth a 2nd rd the next year.
I am not a Browns fan; but IMHO- the Browns are being proactive, whether it bites em in the ... in the future is immaterial, they are making moves that they think will benefit the team this year, props to them.
BTW: IMHO, do think it will bite em in the ... in the future.

only if Flash Gordon can't play ... If he is good, it will not matter.

I think that's wishful thinking. Not playin in 18 months will certainly have some effect, especially when it sounds like he's not too bright.

I'd be worried if he was 32, but he's ten years younger. He'll be fine. Great move by the Browns to take the chance on bigtime talent.

I think that's wishful thinking. Not playin in 18 months will certainly have some effect, especially when it sounds like he's not too bright.

You make a lot of uninformed posts on here. All reports say he is actually very bright overall. Smoking weed doesn't mean you are a stupid person. It isn't that big of a deal overall. I mean I would never do it but it isn't like that is a super serious drug.

You make a lot of uninformed posts on here. All reports say he is actually very bright overall. Smoking weed doesn't mean you are a stupid person. It isn't that big of a deal overall. I mean I would never do it but it isn't like that is a super serious drug.

you seem to have a misguided notion that just because you don't agree with a post that its uninformed.

Failing 3 drug tests does speak to intelligence. Further, after getting kicked out of baylor and then and then leaving Utah, he tried to get into the university of Houston but didn't have the grades to be admitted.

you seem to have a misguided notion that just because you don't agree with a post that its uninformed.

Failing 3 drug tests does speak to intelligence. Further, after getting kicked out of baylor and then and then leaving Utah, he tried to get into the university of Houston but didn't have the grades to be admitted.

It only matters how smart he is on the football field. The NFL is filled with near-morons who excel at the game of football, and all evidence points to Gordon being able to understand how to play WR at a high level.

It only matters how smart he is on the football field. The NFL is filled with near-morons who excel at the game of football, and all evidence points to Gordon being able to understand how to play WR at a high level.

See Johnson, Chris.

He's also 6'3 like 220 and a legitimate deep threat. Aaron Hernandez, Percy Harvin, and Warren Sapp turned out okay after positive drug tests.

I'd be worried if he was 32, but he's ten years younger. He'll be fine. Great move by the Browns to take the chance on bigtime talent.

You're going to have to pardon PP. Anytime the Browns do something that could be perceived as positive it's either a "reach" or "hilarious" or some other attempt at a bash. I've noticed this ongoing trend for quite some time.

You're going to have to pardon PP. Anytime the Browns do something that could be perceived as positive it's either a "reach" or "hilarious" or some other attempt at a bash. I've noticed this ongoing trend for quite some time.

well, then tell your team to stop doing dumb stuff.

And for the record, I highly praised the weeden pick. Richardson was also a good pick. I only criticized the fact that the Browns got fleeced. There was absolutely no reason to trade up, and they gave up too much to do so. Billy Wynn was an absolute steal, as I mentioned at the time.

So settle down nancy.

well, then tell your team to stop doing dumb stuff.

And for the record, I highly praised the weeden pick. Richardson was also a good pick. I only criticized the fact that the Browns got fleeced. There was absolutely no reason to trade up, and they gave up too much to do so. Billy Wynn was an absolute steal, as I mentioned at the time.

So settle down nancy.

I don't see where they are. And for what they gave up in the T-Rich trade they hardly got "fleeced." They wanted a player and they went and got him, Ethel.

And why would you care about the Browns moves? You've got more than enough of your share of Mike Brown's "foulups, bleeps & blunders" to reflect on over the years.

Last edited:
I hardly call giving a fourth, fifth, and seventh round picks getting fleeced ... But if they where smart they would not have had to give up those picks. The Vikings wanted Kalil, everybody knew that ... All the Browns had to do was start a rumor that if the Vikings traded their pick that they would be willing take Kalil ... This would have stopped Minnesota from trading.