Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Rate and review the movie "Joker"

A gritty character study of Arthur Fleck, a man disregarded by society.

Reviews are all over the place on this bugger. Most critics are saying that Joaquin Phoenix knocked it out of the park but the movie is all over the place, it will be interesting to see what the movie goers think.

Apparently, it’s about mental illness and has nothing to do with incel culture. The journalists created this panic without even seeing the movie.

In reality, Todd Phillips and WB should thank them. The media hysteria probably drove more people to see it as it’s already exceeded Box Office projections

Reviews are all over the place on this bugger. Most critics are saying that Joaquin Phoenix knocked it out of the park but the movie is all over the place, it will be interesting to see what the movie goers think.

I get it. The movie was a bit uneven. 45 minutes or so were almost boring, but the last hour plus is excellent.

The little bit I've seen in the ads gives me the impression that part of the set-up portion of the story must be Phoenix doing a variant of DeNiro's Rupert Pupkin character while DeNiro takes the Jerry Lewis role from King of Comedy.

The little bit I've seen in the ads gives me the impression that part of the set-up portion of the story must be Phoenix doing a variant of DeNiro's Rupert Pupkin character while DeNiro takes the Jerry Lewis role from King of Comedy.
I thought it was the Johnny Carson role.

Saw it last night and it was pretty good. The guy who plays the Joker does an amazing job. Movie is sorta missed up and as to the boring parts, yeah there are some but in a movie like this you have to set up the craziness of said character.

I am not really a fan of the super heroes stuff, and not that his movie is about that, but generally I wouldn't care to see something like this but the promo's really drew me in.

The music is cool and creepy and that actor, wow did he do a great job at portraying a complete whacko!

Jerry Lewis played a Carson type that DeNiro interacted with. You must not have seen King of Comedy.

Joaquin Phoenix played a good Johnny Cash. It seems he does whacko well because he is a bit off irl. His interviews pimping Walk the Line were fairly telling, as was his nascent bearded-loon-rap career.....

Jerry Lewis played a Carson type that DeNiro interacted with. You must not have seen King of Comedy.

Joaquin Phoenix played a good Johnny Cash. It seems he does whacko well because he is a bit off irl. His interviews pimping Walk the Line were fairly telling, as was his nascent bearded-loon-rap career.....
No, I haven't seen that. Just in seeing the movie it looked very Johnny Carson-ish.

Good call on King of Comedy. Extremely underrated film. I'd say Joker is definitely paying tribute to it to a degree as Phillips has stated his admiration for Scorcese. Probably some Taxi Driver homage in there too.

I may have to see King of Comedy. Never heard of it. Maybe that will bring a little diff context to the movie. To me, it was straight up Johnny Carson tribute..

Tough film to rate. I liked it and Phoenix obviously did a tremendous acting job. I felt like once he became the “Joker” it wasn’t the same character that we’d seen built up for two hours. Like it was too quick of a turn for a film that is essentially a character study. Maybe a lot of that was due to coming off of all of the medications he was taking. A lot to dissect and will probably watch it again in a few weeks.

Just watched it. Incredible acting by Phoenix as everyone has said. To me it was about mental illness and how it can degenerate without the proper care. I would add that I'd probably go nuts if I had to climb those stairs every night to get home. I generally judge a movie on how soon my begings to hurt. This time I had no pains and, to me, the movie seemed to fly by. And I agree with the King of Comedy references, but not to the Taxi Driver references. I'd give it a 7.

I really enjoyed this movie. I didn't have high expectations as I'm not big into the Super Hero comic books.

What I really did like about it was that there were no superhuman abilities. He just turned into a bad guy and did bad things. It wasn't over the top like we see in so many of the current comic book movies. Loved his laugh throughout the movie. It was just creepy enough but still something you could really see on the streets in a big city.

Tough film to rate. I liked it and Phoenix obviously did a tremendous acting job. I felt like once he became the “Joker” it wasn’t the same character that we’d seen built up for two hours. Like it was too quick of a turn for a film that is essentially a character study. Maybe a lot of that was due to coming off of all of the medications he was taking. A lot to dissect and will probably watch it again in a few weeks.

Felt the exact same way.

Very interesting movie. When it ended my son and I just looked at each other and really didn't know what to say. And for those that aren't fans of the DC or Marvel movies, please don't let that stop you from seeing it. His appearance with Murray was one of those big "holy crap" moments!

The thing with Joker, he never trained. No running off to the Hymalayas to find himself, train his body and mind... He just is. How is it, HE's not the hero?

That was for that weird Casey Affleck movie. Apparently an act. Letterman interview was gold

Just watched it. Incredible acting by Phoenix as everyone has said. To me it was about mental illness and how it can degenerate without the proper care. I would add that I'd probably go nuts if I had to climb those stairs every night to get home. I generally judge a movie on how soon my begings to hurt. This time I had no pains and, to me, the movie seemed to fly by. And I agree with the King of Comedy references, but not to the Taxi Driver references. I'd give it a 7.
Two happy hemorrhoids? Great rating!

Phoenix was really good .. Definitely should get a best actor nomination. Guessing movie will be nominated too.

Prob 9-10 for me. I can see why some of the backlash has happened but not for the violence which to me wasn't out of this world crazy.

They kind of tried to make joker and the antifa like mob sympathetic instead of them being murderers and domestic terrorists. Real hate the rich vibe too but hey that's Hollywood. They'll cash their tens of millions in salary while some preaching on anti rich gets baked in

Still a great film and character study overall

Phoenix was really good .. Definitely should get a best actor nomination. Guessing movie will be nominated too.

Prob 9-10 for me. I can see why some of the backlash has happened but not for the violence which to me wasn't out of this world crazy.

They kind of tried to make joker and the antifa like mob sympathetic instead of them being murderers and domestic terrorists. Real hate the rich vibe too but hey that's Hollywood. They'll cash their tens of millions in salary while some preaching on anti rich gets baked in

Still a great film and character study overall

The antifa types weren’t the “good” guys. I think the point was there are no “good” guys. Joaquin Phoenix should get a nomination for Best Actor, hard to imagine there’s a better performance out there this yr.

Ok I'm late.

Saw it tonight and thought it was mediocre at best. Of course Phoenix does a really good job but the role of Joker is easy. Everyone goes bonkers when someone plays this role but in all reality it is an actor's dream to play.

So the gist of the movie is he is crazy. Got it.

The stairwell scene getting the notice, it was okay. The hallway scene leaving the foot prints, then the chases back and forth... that's iconic Joker.