JJ Watt

JJ Watt asked for a release from Huston. Where yall think he a end up? I saw TJ tryn to get him to Pittsburg. Id like to see him come to Cincy and make that rivalery even better.

If he truly wants a title then the short list would be:
KC.
TB.
GB.

It is those three, and then The Rest of the league.

Such a dumb move by the Texans not to at least attempt to trade him to the team of his choosing. At least that way they would've gotten some picks out of it

Such a dumb move by the Texans not to at least attempt to trade him to the team of his choosing. At least that way they would've gotten some picks out of it

I am not sure but I think out right release is probably tied to salary cap issues.

I am not sure but I think out right release is probably tied to salary cap issues.
From what I read he has nearly 18 mil cap hit for next year and no guaranteed money. He would be a zero hit either via trade or released.

In a trade they likely would have found it hard sledding to get a team to agree to pay that for him and make it tough to trade.

JJ was on the show New Girl as a guest a few years ago, and there was a scene with a Browns helmet in a box. This cannot be a coincidence.

If they get JJ, hopefully it works as a high-level bookend to Myles G, but I don’t trust JJ’s health at this point and wouldn’t go above and beyond to chase him. There are other edge rushers that can help, and even an interior disrupter like Suh.

Media had Bauer to the Mets and then...I see all parties involved keeping things pretty quiet with JJ releasing a statement. Much like he did with his release

A guy I would really like to see the Browns go after is the Giants DT, Dalvin Tomlinson. He's the stud space-eater they need.

A guy I would really like to see the Browns go after is the Giants DT, Dalvin Tomlinson. He's the stud space-eater they need.
Good call.

If they're looking to spend the money Watt will purportedly get (which I think is in part a fiction created by his agent) I'd rather see it spent on someone like Lavante David.

JJ Watt is a shell of himself from years ago. He's going to end up going to a contender, for probably in the $4-$5 mill range plus incentives, play about 1/3 of the snaps, likely in 3rd down passing situations. The contending teams know this, and don't have the cap space or money to make it work. The Texans probably were going to release him anyway, he just asked them for a release from a PR standpoint.

JJ Watt is a shell of himself from years ago. He's going to end up going to a contender, for probably in the $4-$5 mill range plus incentives, play about 1/3 of the snaps, likely in 3rd down passing situations. The contending teams know this, and don't have the cap space or money to make it work. The Texans probably were going to release him anyway, he just asked them for a release from a PR standpoint.

Looks like a two-year, $31 million deal that includes $23 million guaranteed

Ummmm, 14Red, $4-5 million range???

$31mil 2yrs, $23mil guaranteed for a guy who has only played 1 season of more than 5 games in the last 5?

Sports injury predictor for JJ Watt in 2021
Chance of Injury in 2021: 91%
Chance of Injury per Game: 14%