Jarren Williams to start at QB for Miami

Hopefully this is a humbling experience for Tate Martell.

If anyone has seen the first season of QB1 on NFLX, you’d know this kid is a dbag. I’m not surprised he’s struggled in college bc he’s just not that good of a QB. He’s a great athlete, but he’s not a great passer. That’ll workout in HS, but not in College.

If anyone has seen the first season of QB1 on NFLX, you’d know this kid is a dbag. I’m not surprised he’s struggled in college bc he’s just not that good of a QB. He’s a great athlete, but he’s not a great passer. That’ll workout in HS, but not in College.

This should have been apparent to anyone that's watched the limited snaps he's gotten. He's a dual-threat only in the sense that he can run. He's a near non-threat passing against legitimate competition.

I remember getting dragged for predicting during his senior year of HS that Tater wouldn't do sht in college...at tOSU or anywhere.

Can confirm. Someone literally tied fish to the back of their car and drove away because he suggested Tate Martell wouldn't be a successful college athlete.

I think Tate Martell is a heckuva player. It is just really hard to crack a starting job at a Power 5 for many reasons such as tough competition, the constant changing on HC's/OC's/QB coaches and schemes. Especially being 5'10". When he committed to OSU, Urban Meyer still had a heavy hand in the offense which has always been for the QB to run the football. Last year when Urban handed the full reigns to Day and Wilson it was essentially over for Martell as they do not want the QB running the ball.

If he wanted to have an easy path he should have gone to a lessor Power 5 or mid major. Or at least a Power 5 that uses the QB substantially in the run game.

For anyone that reads Phil Steele you know that each player gets a PS ranking which is nothing more than the top 5 recruiting service's rank of each player averaged out. Martell is #3, Perry is #16, and Williams is #25. All three were top 25 QB's coming out of HS in their respective classes so it is not as if he got beaten out by a slouch but this is an Ohio forum so I get there is disdain.