IVC 23-24

That's a game they are forced to play. It's basically a league game. Malvern didn't schedule it

Once again, everybody knew Malvern would be loaded this year yet they did nothing with their non conference schedule outside of one game. It's why they have a negative schedule rating.

Hopefully it doesn't hurt them but it would've been better for everyone if they would've scheduled some competition.
No it is scheduled lol. You think Malvern was going to play Ridgewood or Claymont in showcase? No lol it was going to be IV or Hiland everyone knows that. Malvern was going to win the north and play the best team from the south. Happened 5 years straight lol

Look at the D2 Eastern District. There's four teams left, and Malvern has beaten 3 of them! I'd say that's pretty good. Maysville the 1 seed on a 17 game winning streak was beat @ home by Malvern, Indian Valley the 2 seed was beat my Malvern on a neutral court, and Minerva the 8th seed who Malvern beat @ Minerva.
So Hiland beat Wayne Trace there in the districts,rank in the top ten,also beat Indian Valley, just barely lost to D1 at Dover in the district,also just barely lost to the no 2 in the state in d3 OG,in the district,played Lutheran East tuff three and half quarters, who's going to win state in d3, Linsly Academy still in the Preps school tournament handed them there' only loss, and with a injury free Hiland would probably give Malvern all they could handle,and YOUR POINT IS
Also there's 8 teams left in the d2 East, District, 4 East District 1 bracket,and 4 in East District 2 bracket

Last edited:
So Hiland beat Wayne Trace there in the districts,rank in the top ten,also beat Indian Valley, just barely lost to D1 at Dover in the district,also just barely lost to the no 2 in the state in d3 OG,in the district,played Lutheran East tuff three and half quarters, who's going to win state in d3, Linsly Academy still in the Preps school tournament handed them there' only loss, and with a injury free Hiland would probably give Malvern all they could handle,and YOUR POINT IS
Also there's 8 teams left in the d2 East, District, 4 East District 1 bracket,and 4 in East District 2 bracket
Would Malvern have the best player on the floor if they played Hiland?

LOL
1. I never compared Malvern/ Hiland or their schedule? So again congrats on having a tough schedule lol We're all very impressed
2. Indian Valley also more recently beat Hiland (Forgot to mention that)
3. yes there's two sides in the D2 district. On the one side (obviously you knew what I meant) Malvern has beaten 3 of the 4 teams. I was just stating maybe their schedule wasn't as bad as people think.

LOL
1. I never compared Malvern/ Hiland or their schedule? So again congrats on having a tough schedule lol We're all very impressed
3. yes there's two sides in the D2 district. On the one side (obviously you knew what I meant) Malvern has beaten 3 of the 4 teams. I was just stating maybe their schedule wasn't as bad as people think.
I have seen Maysville on live stream a few times and they are a very impressive team, especially when there hitting there three's,I really hope Malvern can make it to state, and get past there regional jinks, Harvest Prep looks like a team could give them fits,of all years not to be in d4,I really think they would of made it to finial 4 with no problem

No it is scheduled lol. You think Malvern was going to play Ridgewood or Claymont in showcase? No lol it was going to be IV or Hiland everyone knows that. Malvern was going to win the north and play the best team from the south. Happened 5 years straight lol
No it is not. The IVC Showcase is a mandatory event for all IVC teams. No team "chooses" to play in it. I'll tell you what, if the IVC Showcase against Indian Valley was a choice then Malvern also chose to play Conotton Valley (6-17) twice, Newcomerstown (5-18) twice and TCC (5-18) twice.

LOL
There are 201 teams in Division III. Malvern's schedule ranked 148th. It was that bad.

Look at the D2 Eastern District. There's four teams left, and Malvern has beaten 3 of them! I'd say that's pretty good. Maysville the 1 seed on a 17 game winning streak was beat @ home by Malvern, Indian Valley the 2 seed was beat my Malvern on a neutral court, and Minerva the 8th seed who Malvern beat @ Minerva.
Ok Great. Nobody is criticizing those games. That's 3 games out of a 22 game schedule. How many of the other 19 are still playing after sectionals?

Always curious why SV and Malvern don't have a rivalry like some other neighboring schools. Where they play every year.
I feel like Tusky Valley, Sandy Valley, Malvern and East Canton should all play each other in basically every sport every year. They have histories with each other, they are all northern schools and they are all basically the same size. There are a few sports it could get tricky (volleyball for example) but for the most part they should be connected IMO.

at this time last year when the schedule was made Smithville Garaway Akron East River Lisbon Maysville were league champions the other game was rival Minerva when it was made a very good schedule they only have choice of 7 games the other15 are league obligation

As figured in the central district 2
District finials in D3, Harvest Prep vs Cols.Africentric one of these two will be headed to Ohio U.regionals, good old private schools, Harvest Prep has scored in there three tournament games,110,102,91 tonight

Are there going to be tickets available for tonight’s Hiland at the door or do I need to get them online is this game going to be ugly like Strasburg?

Probably be safer in to get them online, untill we figure out how to play against a zone and we can hit from outside, it's going to be ugly,we have no inside game now with Alex out,the guys need to get a few pointers from the girls team on how to make three's

I don’t think we will loose tonight shadyside looks bad but I am still going. I am hoping rosecrans will win tonight to upset MC. Never know what can happen in the district finals I think there is a still a shot with are defense to get to the regionals. How big is buckeye trail gym I was never there. Don’t they sell tickets at the door now with the new rule from the ohsaa.

I don’t think we will loose tonight shadyside looks bad but I am still going. I am hoping rosecrans will win tonight to upset MC. Never know what can happen in the district finals I think there is a still a shot with are defense to get to the regionals. How big is buckeye trail gym I was never there. Don’t they sell tickets at the door now with the new rule from the ohsaa.
Seating should be fine. I don’t think the court is 94ft tho.

Our run to the regionals will probably come to a end this week sometime
I agree. To much to overcome. Hiland has a couple kids that can put up 25 on any night and the 1 senior left has been there a bunch of times before so we'll see. If Beachy was playing it would make a big difference.

I agree. To much to overcome. Hiland has a couple kids that can put up 25 on any night and the 1 senior left has been there a bunch of times before so we'll see. If Beachy was playing it would make a big difference.
Losing Alex really hurt, but losing Connor really really hurts us,he brings so much to the floor on both ends,his play on defense,his rebounding especially on the offensive end to

Seating should be fine. I don’t think the court is 94ft tho.
I don't see Rosecrans upsetting MC, Martins Ferry handle Rosecrans with no problem and MC beat MF in there second meeting by 15, but it's tournament time and you never know about kids, if they don't come mentally ready play too alot teams season will come to a end

Nick was sick on Friday he was on antibiotics he had no lift in his shot. Hopefully he is better now. I did hear Conner could be back for the regionals. I still like are defense I think it can do enough to get by MC Friday.

Impressive win for Hiland tonight. Sammy and Nick showed up! Shadyside just would not quit. Every time Hiland started to pull away they would get a crazy bucket to fall. Not the best officiating crew tonight though. Lol

They will have there hands full with Monroe Central and they beat Shadyside twice in the season, once by 31 in mid December and the other by 17 on January 2,so that was earlier in season, I'm pretty sure Shadyside has gotten a lot better since then

Does shadyside normally shoot that well ? Most of there points was three pointers we got inside pretty easy and Alex was big tonight as well. Alex normally don’t foul that much he was trying to guard the tree point shooter. Shadyside didn’t do much inside. I still think we will win Friday any idea were the game will be it’s not updated yet. Buckye trail gym is crappy I am surprised they played there the speaker system was way to loud.

Does shadyside normally shoot that well ? Most of there points was three pointers we got inside pretty easy and Alex was big tonight as well. Alex normally don’t foul that much he was trying to guard the tree point shooter. Shadyside didn’t do much inside. I still think we will win Friday any idea were the game will be it’s not updated yet. Buckye trail gym is crappy I am surprised they played there the speaker system was way to loud.
we played shady 3x we lost to them mid january by 9 they made 13 threes. we beat them by 25 late january they made four threes, we lost to them last week, a game we led in the closing seconds of the third and they made an incredible 15/27 from three, tough contested shots. they live and die by it but when they shoot it well they are dangerous. they also play 7 seniors which made them a tougher out IMO

They got lucky a few times on the threes they had a least 13 threes it was impressive with the shooting I am glad we got out to the lead we did. I just saw that we are playing at union local that is odd to play there it’s not a big gym.

we played shady 3x we lost to them mid january by 9 they made 13 threes. we beat them by 25 late january they made four threes, we lost to them last week, a game we led in the closing seconds of the third and they made an incredible 15/27 from three, tough contested shots. they live and die by it but when they shoot it well they are dangerous. they also play 7 seniors which made them a tougher out IMO
This makes sense. Shadyside was banking and bouncing them in tonight. Credit to them though. They played a good game. Hiland will need to play a lot better Friday to even have a shot. Lot of kids playing unfamiliar positions due to injuries.

Was hoping this game might be played at Meadowbrook highschool, like last year's game with River was there