IVC 23-24

That's a game they are forced to play. It's basically a league game. Malvern didn't schedule it

Once again, everybody knew Malvern would be loaded this year yet they did nothing with their non conference schedule outside of one game. It's why they have a negative schedule rating.

Hopefully it doesn't hurt them but it would've been better for everyone if they would've scheduled some competition.
If Malvern makes it to the regionals not one person will care about the schedule they played during the regular season.

Garaway got screwed by a terrible call at the end on the game. Officials aren't perfect but that was brutal. Possibly cost Garaway the game
I just saw video of the phantom double dribble call. Wow. That's as bad of a call in a critical situation as you will ever see. Who knows if Garaway scores to tie it or win it but to not even get the chance based on that is brutal.

That's twice this week that Union Local benefitted from brutal calls at the end of the game. Maybe it's their year.

they have to make state before you'll say they had a good season I'd put their schedule against any IVC team except Hiland and Malvern has beaten 3 teams they lost to
Nobody is questioning Malvern as a team. They are obviously really good. It's just a shame they had such a weak schedule.

Malvern's opponents had a winning percentage this season of .456.

Hiland was .597

Sandy Valley -.49
Garaway - .503
Buckeye Trail - .518
Tusky Valley - .583
Ridgewood - .498

Those are the DIII teams. Malvern easily had the worst schedule and they have the best team

Nobody is questioning Malvern as a team. They are obviously really good. It's just a shame they had such a weak schedule.

Malvern's opponents had a winning percentage this season of .456.

Hiland was .597

Sandy Valley -.49
Garaway - .503
Buckeye Trail - .518
Tusky Valley - .583
Ridgewood - .498

Those are the DIII teams. Malvern easily had the worst schedule and they have the best team
14 games are automatic 15 counting showcase 7 games left Maysville Minerva Garaway Smithville River Akron East Central Christion who was picked.up right before the season started because a 17 win Lisbon team dropped us

Last edited:
14 games are automatic 15 counting showcase 7 games left Maysville Minerva Garaway Smithville River Akron East Central Christion who was picked.up right before the season started because a 17 win Lisbon team dropped us
Don't forget 5-17 Ridgewood.

Marysville is a great game. Totally get Minerva. Garaway is fine I guess but why not Sandy Valley, Indian Valley or Hiland? The rest is garbage.

How great would a Malvern- Dover game have been this year?

Marysville is a great game. Totally get Minerva. Garaway is fine I guess but why not Sandy Valley, Indian Valley or Hiland? The rest is garbage.

Well if Malvern beat Dover this year and went undefeated it wouldn’t mean much because they didn’t lose and didn’t learn anything apparently lol

I have never seen a high school basketball team go undefeated in a season and not one person has anything good to say about them. Forget the schedule. They have the best player in the District and some good players around him. Nobody wants to talk about it but not one school has a player even close to Barrino. That should be the story. Malvern has the best player by far who is a special two-way player.

Ridgewood and Tusky were automatic crossovers and Gary won't play us he was mad last year he had to play us in the showcase

I have never seen a high school basketball team go undefeated in a season and not one person has anything good to say about them. Forget the schedule. They have the best player in the District and some good players around him. Nobody wants to talk about it but not one school has a player even close to Barrino. That should be the story. Malvern has the best player by far who is a special two-way player.
Actually I agree with that which is why everyone is saying Malvern have should scheduled up. If Malvern was an average team nobody would criticize the schedule.

The truth is we don't actually know how good Malvern is because outside of a few games they've played no competition.

I suspect Malvern is really good but based on their past history they have to actually show people in the tournament because there isn't much proof from the regular season

Ridgewood and Tusky were automatic crossovers and Gary won't play us he was mad last year he had to play us in the showcase
If what you are saying is true then shame on Offenberger and the SV admin for allowing that to happen. That's embarrassing. That game should be played every year.

Actually I agree with that which is why everyone is saying Malvern have should scheduled up. If Malvern was an average team nobody would criticize the schedule.

The truth is we don't actually know how good Malvern is because outside of a few games they've played no competition.

I suspect Malvern is really good but based on their past history they have to actually show people in the tournament because there isn't much proof from the regular season
Well what happened during the few games they had competition??? They lose?

Well what happened during the few games they had competition??? They lose?
They won. There's a big difference between getting up for a few games though and having to bring it every night when you play a schedule like Hiland

Let me ask you a simple question. Which schedule would have better prepared Malvern for tournaments? Their schedule or Hiland's schedule?

They won. There's a big difference between getting up for a few games though and having to bring it every night when you play a schedule like Hiland

Let me ask you a simple question. Which schedule would have better prepared Malvern for tournaments? Their schedule or Hiland's schedule?
We’re still talking regular season? Malvern is 2-0. play Barnsville at Edison High School on Tuesday. That’s the only schedule were thinking about right now in Malvern.

So much bickering in this forum. Coach Schlabach and Coach Tucci. Two of the best in the state. Let’s hope both of them can make it to the final four in a few weeks.

I just watched the end of the Union Local Garaway game I sure did not see a Double dribble by the Garaway player. The Official must have had a better angle to make that call at that time of the game in a close Tournament game

Hawks have lost there mojo,this definitely not the same team I watched back in mid January,I know we're down two starters and our bench is getting thin,and now our one starter can't go all out, he's fighting bronchitis,the three point shooting game is getting into our heads there thinking about it to much,I guess survive and move on, next Shadyside
The Hiland team hasn't been the same team since Connor Beachy went down. Much of their struggles can be traced back to that. Senior who is ultra competitive. Unselfish player, 2nd leading rebounder on the team when he went down. Guarded the other teams best gaurd usually and shot over 60% from the field. He always made the right play and the ball movement isn't the same since he's gone. Sammy,Alex and Connor played together since they were kids so if 2 go down your not just plugging another kid in there. He's not my kid but every good team has a glue guy doing the dirty work and Hiland lost theirs when he got hurt. Your 2 guys that set all the screens are gone. Injuries happen but you can see the trust level and cohesiveness is not there anymore. They run plays and kids have to stop and think about where the ball goes and the ball movement stops. Injuries happen all the time but they make a big difference.The younger kids are playing really hard and theyll be good players. Just need a summer to play together. You always have a shot with Sammy and Mark coaching the team but i think it will be an uphill battle.

I just watched the end of the Union Local Garaway game I sure did not see a Double dribble by the Garaway player. The Official must have had a better angle to make that call at that time of the game in a close Tournament game
Completely ridiculous. Indefensible.

BUT, play better and don't let a ref's brain fart cost you.

Boy Indian Valley is just winning by the skin of there teeth by two teams that they played in the tournament, that they should of handled a little easier,I know a win is a win,by 1 or by 20, but they don't look like the same team earlier in the season

Last edited:
Boy Indian Valley is just winning by the skin of there teeth by two teams that they played they should of handled a little easier,I know a win is a win,by 1 or by 20, they don't look like the same team earlier in the season
Agree. Seen them a couple times including last night. Better play better against St. C or the season will be Over.

Look at the D2 Eastern District. There's four teams left, and Malvern has beaten 3 of them! I'd say that's pretty good. Maysville the 1 seed on a 17 game winning streak was beat @ home by Malvern, Indian Valley the 2 seed was beat my Malvern on a neutral court, and Minerva the 8th seed who Malvern beat @ Minerva.

Last edited: