IVC 23-24

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Malvern vs Hiland, no matter how they finish in their league standings, and because there is different division this season, and because I'm guessing Malvern, doesn't want to face Sandy,TV,Or Garaway in the showcase being there all in the d3 east district and and maybe turn around and have to face one of them again

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Malvern vs Hiland, no matter how they finish in their league standings, and because there is different division this season, and because I'm guessing Malvern, doesn't want to face Sandy,TV,Or Garaway in the showcase being there all in the d3 east district and and maybe turn around and have to face one of them again
IV may be in the mix to play Malvern in the showcase

Either way Hiland or Indian Valley should give Malvern a good test before tournament time, I'm sure it's not going to be Garaway and Malvern in the showcase, since they play each other the Tuesday prior to the showcase, either way,SV, or Hiland, or IV will give Malvern a better test, especially better than that Akron East team that was not very good

Last edited:
I think Malvern needs to get Massillon on the Schedule. Malvern beat a bad Akron east team by 50 yes when that game was originally put on the Schedule Akron East was good and had some kids transfer. Massillon they beat Clevleand Max Hays by 50 the Night before. That would be a good non league game Home and Home

I have a question,in this new RPI rankings for seeding purposes,I see where they show my Hawks as 8-3 instead of 9-3, I'm figuring because we beat Spire Academy which is a non sanction high school in ohio,is that why are record only shows us at 8-3, is going hurt us down road in the seedings, and then we have Linsly Academy from West Virginia which is another non sanction school

I have a question,in this new RPI rankings for seeding purposes,I see where they show my Hawks as 8-3 instead of 9-3, I'm figuring because we beat Spire Academy which is a non sanction high school in ohio,is that why are record only shows us at 8-3, is going hurt us down road in the seedings, and then we have Linsly Academy from West Virginia which is another non sanction school
No one in the d4 east district is on the same level as Hiland who cares ?

I think Malvern needs to get Massillon on the Schedule. Malvern beat a bad Akron east team by 50 yes when that game was originally put on the Schedule Akron East was good and had some kids transfer. Massillon they beat Clevleand Max Hays by 50 the Night before. That would be a good non league game Home and Home
100% on this. Get a real heavyweight on the schedule.

No one in the d4 east district is on the same level as Hiland who cares ?
I disagree. Monroe Central is dangerous as is River. Don't know anything about Rosecrans. The RPI rankings should still be accurate and teams should be rewarded for scheduling heavy. I know you have to beat the best team in the district at some point but where the problem lies is when there are 3-4 good teams and the team that scheduled light gets rewarded with an easier road to the district championship. But at the end of the day you need to earn your way no matter what.

Hopefully we can give OG a good game maybe upset them that would help a lot and maybe we can ad someone to the schedule yet. I am not sure how the rating system works is all base on wins or schedule as well ? Richmond heights is not ranked high and they had a brutal schedule but they played a lot of teams not from Ohio.

Trail had big OVAC win over Martins Ferry last night. Rough start and some early foul trouble but pulled it together in the second half.

Trail should make the OVAC 3A semis for the first time since 2017…and the gift will be playing Linsly Academy. Not really a gift lol

Linsly Academy,there not even a member of the wvsaa,I don't care what there enrollment count is, they should have to play up a couple of divisions in the ovac, because they way can recruit all over the country

Hey Buckeye Trail guy, you might not have to worry about Linsly Academy ,it looks like there not eligible for the playoffs,atleast that's what the ovac standings show

I hate to be that guy, but it is The Linsly School….or as we refer to them in the Valley, just Linsly.

Hope Trail wins 3A. Pulling for them.

Linsly Academy,there not even a member of the wvsaa,I don't care what there enrollment count is, they should have to play up a couple of divisions in the ovac, because they way can recruit all over the country
Yes, it’s very frustrating to everyone in 3A. They occasionally have a down year but it’s rare.
Hey Buckeye Trail guy, you might not have to worry about Linsly Academy ,it looks like there not eligible for the playoffs,atleast that's what the ovac standings show
Yep, we just call them Linsly too but didn’t want confuse. Just looked at the OVAC website and it looks like they are out. I don’t think they played enough OVAC games to qualify.

Yes, it’s very frustrating to everyone in 3A. They occasionally have a down year but it’s rare.

Yep, we just call them Linsly too but didn’t want confuse. Just looked at the OVAC website and it looks like they are out. I don’t think they played enough OVAC games to qualify.
Linsly has played more than enough OVAC games to qualify. There is something else going on. Sounds like a controversy.

I know this is not an OVAC thread, but I just read on WTOV9 that Linsly is not eligible for the OVAC tournament as they played a game on a Sunday. Playing on a Sunday is prohibited by the WVSSAC. Linsly is not a member of the WVSSAC, but they are required to follow their guidelines to be allowed to compete in the OVAC.

Linsly played in the same event on a Sunday last season, but they still ended up playing for and winning the 2023 OVAC championship. I am assuming that is because they weren’t “turned in” last season and nobody noticed.

Dover on the other hand is not eligible the the OVAC tourney as they only played 1 OVAC game to date. They play two more OVAC games after cutoff. They tried to schedule more OVAC games, but OVAV schools were not willing to play them. They could have turned in a waiver showing proof that nobody would play them, but they did not submit the waiver.
This all came from a WTOV9 story posted today.

Well where's all the Indian Valley, Garaway, Sandy Valley, Tusky Valley, Claymont, Malvern, Buckeye Trail, East Canton posters at ,get on here and talk about your team,I don't see anyone doing that,and the ovac thing,is about letting Buckeye Trail posters know they don't have to worry about that Linsly Academy ruining the class 3a playoffs

Last edited:
It seems like when it's football season and all IVC posters come out, it's nothing but arguing and putting each other down, what kind of a forum is that

Well where's all the Indian Valley, Garaway, Sandy Valley, Tusky Valley, Claymont, Malvern, Buckeye Trail, East Canton posters at ,get on here and talk about your team,I don't see anyone doing that,and the ovac thing,is about letting Buckeye Trail posters know they don't have to worry about that Linsly Academy ruining the class 3a playoffs
Was at the Garaway SV game, exciting game 2 OT. Garaway had the lead early but started to look a little tight in the second half (they had to have close to 25 Turnovers or more. SV hit some big shots. Very impressed with Pero (spelling), very athletic. Was great in football as well.
Garaway plays TV tonight should be another good game. TV won the first time. I think it was Garaway's second or third game back from football.
Was at the Garaway vs TV girls game, I hope the TV boys fans aren't as hard on their coaches as the girls fans are. Their girls are something like 13-3. So maybe they are playing the best players

Last edited:
I was wanting to know if anyone has ever been out to Ottowa glandorf? I am going tomorrow for the Hiland game I wonder if Hiland is going to bring a lot of fans ? I bought two online I think I will be there at 5 for the jv game to be safe.