IVC 23-24

I never said how many points we will score we don’t score a lot I am just pointing out are defense we held Northside Christian to 32 points and I just pointed out that SW only scored 49 points with are defense I don’t think they will score that much we don’t score a lot it’s are defense that wins games. I never said we were better then Richmond Heights I just pointed out we played with Lutheran east who beat Richmond heights and I think we compete with them never said we would beat them. If we still had Big Al we would make it more of a game I don’t we will it we will probably loose in the state championship game but I will be happy to just to get there. I have not been wrong so far.

I am worried about the matchup with there big guys hopefully we can slow them down. I am not bringing down SW they are a good team it’s the regional finals I wanted to play Fairfield they were not as big. We did beat bigger teams in the past hopefully we can stay out of foul trouble.

@bbjunky81 Conner Beachy broke his fibula a few weeks ago. He was an energy and glue kid. Just always making plays. About 5'8"?

The fibula is a non-weight bearing bone and a good callous should have already formed around the fracture. There is some talk that he could play at state, but he is not conditioned and hasn't played in weeks, so I'm not sure how realistic that is.

For some reason, I can't recall the other injury. Brain fart. Someone else help Junky out there.
Connors injury is healing slower then expected. Still in a boot on crutches. He grew in the last year is close to 5-10-11. He's strong and a really good rebounder for a gaurd. Hershberger has played well and he's a fighter but Connor Beachy was a big loss. Sammy AL and Connor had played together since they were kids. People didn't quite understand when he went down in the East Canton game what he meant to the team but the players knew and you saw in games following how much they missed him. They've had enough time to adjust now and are playing better together. Every team needs a guy to do the dirty work and he was that guy and a senior as well.

Last edited:
@bbjunky81 Conner Beachy broke his fibula a few weeks ago. He was an energy and glue kid. Just always making plays. About 5'8"?

The fibula is a non-weight bearing bone and a good callous should have already formed around the fracture. There is some talk that he could play at state, but he is not conditioned and hasn't played in weeks, so I'm not sure how realistic that is.

For some reason, I can't recall the other injury. Brain fart. Someone else help Junky out there.
Ashton Schrock tore his acl before the first game. He played a ton last year as a freshman. Probably would have been starting PG to start season or at worst 6th man. There have been plenty of games where Ashton was missed this year. Great defender, superb ball handler.

Ashton Schrock tore his acl before the first game. He played a ton last year as a freshman. Probably would have been starting PG to start season or at worst 6th man. There have been plenty of games where Ashton was missed this year. Great defender, superb ball handler.
Brain fart resolved. Thanks. Hawks did provide that answer earlier.

2024-25 is going to be injury and problem free for the Hawks. They had about 3 years of challenges crammed into this year!

Watch the replay on wklm ,I can't believe they didn't do the final team stats,I think SW had a little over 20 to's

Alex Miller was amazing for the Hawks late. He made that shot while being tackled and then hit the FT to tie it. Someone check on dad Tom, he might need a new shirt - probably popped the buttons off the one he was wearing. Alex made a ridiculous pass for the go ahead basket in OT. Well done, young man. Just hit all your FTs when you have the chance to seal a game - but I think we can forgive him for 1 miss this time. :)

Hiland won the following segments of the game:

Last 4 min of the 2nd qtr to keep the game within reach.

Last four min of the 3rd to get the game to a 10 point margin.

They won the 4th qtr 20-10, but really took it to them the last 4 min.

SW did not score the last 2:45 of OT

Another win by depth and a bunch of kids who wouldn't quit. Just an amazing show of grit.

Now it's Malvern's turn. I have an old "Green Machine" T shirt I was given several years ago when Malvern was making a run. Im wearing that thing while I watch the game tomorrow. :)

I want to see Denny throw a jacket at a state game. Lol

Ah I remember those days when Hiland's Perry Reece and Malvern's Dennis Tucci when they coach against each other to see which one would rip there jacket off first, sometimes it was in good fun

I can’t get over the guy from the jeeps missed the wide open lay up he traveled as well. Then the big guy missed the two foul shots that was very important that is what the difference was. Alex was huge they were tired the big guy for the jeeps was coughing up a lung I am not sure what Sammy was doing in regulation I think he had a brain fart with that 5 second call we should of won it in regulation. We should have beating them by 15 if we would have shot half decent in the first half had wide open looks.

20240315_202713.jpg

Malvern by 5 end of 1. 15-10.

So far, so good.

Malvern was up 10 in 2nd - then HP goes on a 13-0 run. Ouch. Malvern down 28-26 at half.

Last edited:
I don't like Malvern's body language right now, I'm not sure there going to have enough gas in tank in the second half

I don't like Malvern's body language right now, I'm not sure there going to have enough gas in tank in the second half
Campbell is a major problem for Malvern

HPs athleticism allows them to spurt.

Hornets need to weather the storm.