IVC 2023

Which IVC Team will be the first to win a state title?

• Garaway

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Ridgewood

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Indian Valley

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Claymont

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Sandy Valley

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Tusky Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malvern

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • East Canton

• Buckeye Trail

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • TCC

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Strasburg

• Newcomerstown

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Nobody - It will never happen

Votes: 46 48.9%

• Total voters
Caught most of the IV/Way game...

Pirates look good. IV looked flat, if not overrated. Procedurally, the Pirates need to work on getting enough O-linemen to the LOS. A better officiating crew will have them walking backwards. There are a few things that do NOT look good for Garaway. In the light I’m casting, I‘m not posting names/numbers, the Pirates should consider backing off the theatrics. The excessive celebration, the jawing, the full on meltdowns towards the officials. (Even while leading wire to wire) I understand it’s a big conference game. Have seen this w/ Ridgewood in previous years. It’s not new in the IVC. I think it’s a byproduct of playing weaker schedules. You’re not going to stunt on the real head breakers.

Then again, if it’s not getting flagged, then Wallick has no cultural issues to improve on, I’m sure.
They have a track record.

Thoughts on Malvern at Newcomerstown on Friday night? Obviously the IVC North title on the line and heavy playoff points at stake. My prediction

Malvern 35
Newcomerstown 21

too much offensive weapons for the Hornets. They get a few more defensive stops than the Trojans
So before the season I felt really confident about this game but to be honest I will be surprised if the Trojans are able to get the W this week. If you go back to last year, neither team could stop each other. Unfortunately, the Trojans have shown no improvement defensively since then. We have not been able to stop any good teams at all. West Jefferson scored 49. Barnesville scored 41. Martins Ferry scored 41. I don't see any reason to believe we will hold Malvern under 35. If Malvern's D has improved at all we will be in trouble.

In football it shows Marion Catholic as the AP champions in Class and Dover St. Joseph as the UPI Class A champion.

Malvern was 6-1-2 in 1965
II Messed that up it was 62 there were 2 poll champs AP and UP Malvern was one Newark Catholic was the other sorry my memory is slipping I was 6

I live a great life. I also enjoy calling out some of you hillbillies on here.
Here is a person who has, clearly, never called out hillbillies when an actual one is standing right in front of him. Otherwise, he would know better.

As someone with impeccable hillbilly credentials and a native of eastern KY, I haven't met too many fellow hillbillies around the IVC. So... 🤔

I love that IV has Ridgewood as their homecoming game.
Season 3 Tough Guy GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Well I went to the game Friday night thinking it would be tough for the Trojans to win but I certainly didn't expect the game to play out like it did. Congratulations to Malvern. They were definitely the better team. I went to bed Friday night feeling a little bit like this had become a lost season for the Trojans but you know I am just appreciative that we are playing in games that matter. It wasn't that long ago that we were where TCC is right now so I am just going to appreciate all the hard work Coach Gadd and the boys have done to make Newcomerstown football relevant again.

Week 8 thoughts:

1. The gap between Garaway and Indian Valley was big. The gap between Indian Valley and Ridgewood is even bigger. The South clearly has established it's pecking order as Garaway, IV, RW, SV, Claymont and TV. I thought the league would be more competitive this year but it really hasn't been.

2. Happy for Buckeye Trail to get a win. Those kids have played a tough schedule. I fully expect them to beat East Canton soundly next week and then be a handful for us in week 10.

3. What is the path forward for TCC? They've scored 40 points all year and haven't been remotely competitive even against other bad teams. Does anyone know how many seniors they have this year? Is there any hope for them next year? Honest questions. I am starting to feel bad.

Week 8 thoughts:

1. The gap between Garaway and Indian Valley was big. The gap between Indian Valley and Ridgewood is even bigger. The South clearly has established it's pecking order as Garaway, IV, RW, SV, Claymont and TV. I thought the league would be more competitive this year but it really hasn't been.

2. Happy for Buckeye Trail to get a win. Those kids have played a tough schedule. I fully expect them to beat East Canton soundly next week and then be a handful for us in week 10.

3. What is the path forward for TCC? They've scored 40 points all year and haven't been remotely competitive even against other bad teams. Does anyone know how many seniors they have this year? Is there any hope for them next year? Honest questions. I am starting to feel bad.
In my opinion I think TCC has two real options for next year play 8 man football or just play a JV schedule. I think 8 man would be the best idea. The problem with playing a JV is schedule, is I don't think TCC would even be that competitive with larger schools JV teams.

Garaway has a good chance to win their region and make the final four. I don’t think they are quite as good as the last couple of years, but dropping a division and having a much more favorable region may be the difference this year. IV is definitely capable of another good playoff run. Lots of talent on that team. Wood has a chance to win 7 games and host a winnable week 11 game. Most reasonable Wood fans would have definitely taken that before the season started knowing the inexperience and talent drop off they are dealing with right now.

Well I went to the game Friday night thinking it would be tough for the Trojans to win but I certainly didn't expect the game to play out like it did. Congratulations to Malvern. They were definitely the better team. I went to bed Friday night feeling a little bit like this had become a lost season for the Trojans but you know I am just appreciative that we are playing in games that matter. It wasn't that long ago that we were where TCC is right now so I am just going to appreciate all the hard work Coach Gadd and the boys have done to make Newcomerstown football relevant again.
Absolutely! Very well said

I wood have love to seen a Garaway vs West Holmes matchup this season,that would be have been a great test for Garaway and also a huge gate draw

Garaway has a good chance to win their region and make the final four. I don’t think they are quite as good as the last couple of years, but dropping a division and having a much more favorable region may be the difference this year. IV is definitely capable of another good playoff run. Lots of talent on that team. Wood has a chance to win 7 games and host a winnable week 11 game. Most reasonable Wood fans would have definitely taken that before the season started knowing the inexperience and talent drop off they are dealing with right now.
I hope SV plays Ridgewood week 11.

I wood have love to seen a Garaway vs West Holmes matchup this season,that would be have been a great test for Garaway and also a huge gate draw
Not likely to happen they're two divisions apart and WH schedule has no room. Triway is our rival and the other two OOC games are more challenging games. Licking Valley has 36 playoff wins and 8 regional titles and Orrville has 37 playoff wins and 10 regional titles. Garaway has 10 playoff wins and no regional titles. I do think it would be a shootout this year and a gigantic gate.

Garaway typically has a very high floor during the season but a low ceiling in the tournament. They need to make a deep run this year and destroy that narrative.

I hope SV plays Ridgewood week 11.
Really hard to beat a team twice. Would be a great game.