IVC 2020

I'm not sure I would say the small schools are cupcakes in the sense that they are bad teams. Easy wins for the big schools, yes. It's just plain impossible for a mid size d6 or d7 school to play a d4 school and expect to win.
Not true ask Danville or Cuyahoga heights they not so much Danville recently but both have beat div4 div 5 schools

They aren’t set up to just be cupcakes for other schools. They are set up to fill the season because there is not enough teams to fill the conference schedule. However, when a school whines and cries to get in the small school division so they can run up scores and hang IVC “South” banners, then think they are king S*** when they don’t have to play 2 of the Perennial top 3 teams In the league (Wood,IV,G-Way), the schools that play in the league they are supposed to start to take offense. I guess we will see Friday. From what it sounds like ridgewood might as well not make the trip. But I’ll tell you they will be making the trip and they will be on a mission. Good luck to both teams. Looking forward to a great game Friday night.

SV made the switch at the right time. They have a very good team. In the last 10 years, idk how many years they wouldve been able to compete with the 3 schools. They definitely are able to this year though. Very good team. Losing one of their best players hurts them for this coming week.

I didn't realize TCC ran all over Buckeye Trail I may reevaluate my pick on that one.

The score didn't reflect that nor did the stats.

I'm not sure I would say the small schools are cupcakes in the sense that they are bad teams. Easy wins for the big schools, yes. It's just plain impossible for a mid size d6 or d7 school to play a d4 school and expect to win.

Not if the DVI or DVII school has a great program.

They aren’t set up to just be cupcakes for other schools. They are set up to fill the season because there is not enough teams to fill the conference schedule. However, when a school whines and cries to get in the small school division so they can run up scores and hang IVC “South” banners, then think they are king S*** when they don’t have to play 2 of the Perennial top 3 teams In the league (Wood,IV,G-Way), the schools that play in the league they are supposed to start to take offense. I guess we will see Friday. From what it sounds like ridgewood might as well not make the trip. But I’ll tell you they will be making the trip and they will be on a mission. Good luck to both teams. Looking forward to a great game Friday night.
More blame goes to Newcomerstown for SV being in the NORTH originally...... When SV came into the IVC their program was WAY down and they wanted Malvern & EC on their schedule, those are facts.... After this season, SV will again be down for a few years!!!! Friday night will be a huge task for SV, idk where you get that SV is thinking otherwise.....

I don't know what the solution is to the IVC crossover situation. Certainly those weeks are worst part of the season but It'd be impossible for all the teams to find non-league games in weeks 4 & 5 when every other league is in conference play.

Also, I think part of the reason the South has dominated the play so much is you've had three really good programs rolling along in the South while the North really hasn't had any consistency from any of their programs. When the North has had a good team it has competed with the South. The problem is the North really hasn't really had many good teams.

The Wood relishes the underdog roll. (Don’t think they really are though) Kind of reminds me of 2015. Sandy started off strong that year with a big win over IV in week one. The Wood was inconsistent their first few games and had a bad loss to Waynedale a couple of weeks prior. The Wood was told they were underdogs all week. They proceeded to go to Sandy and dominate the game. The line play on both sides of the ball was not even close. Wood beat them around for 4 quarters. Don’t read too much into the scores of their first 2 games. Slusser called off the dogs early like he always does and the Wood was not firing on all cylinders yet. Something tells me they will be Friday night. Depending on how the regions get drawn this one could be the preview of a regional championship.

Last edited:
"cupcakes" is not my word in this convo. Which schools exactly would have trouble with weeks 4&5? Here is a thought - why doesn't the league open those crossover weeks and allow the schools that want to crossover to do so. Which school would oppose this? Certainly not the ones in the North.

or if crossovers are such a bummer - why not add a couple schools to each division to lessen the crossovers from 2 to 1. That may not be such a bad pill to swallow. Can't see why this is such a tough argument when a school like Hiland has been allowed to stay in league without football.

To some fans - the league appears to want to cater to a few at the expense of all. Add one team to each division and the floating bye week in each division would become the crossover. Already have Conotton Valley wanting to enter - time to find a school for the South. Too bad the IVC missed out on adding Coshocton.

"cupcakes" is not my word in this convo. Which schools exactly would have trouble with weeks 4&5? Here is a thought - why doesn't the league open those crossover weeks and allow the schools that want to crossover to do so. Which school would oppose this? Certainly not the ones in the North.

or if crossovers are such a bummer - why not add a couple schools to each division to lessen the crossovers from 2 to 1. That may not be such a bad pill to swallow. Can't see why this is such a tough argument when a school like Hiland has been allowed to stay in league without football.

To some fans - the league appears to want to cater to a few at the expense of all. Add one team to each division and the floating bye week in each division would become the crossover. Already have Conotton Valley wanting to enter - time to find a school for the South. Too bad the IVC missed out on adding Coshocton.
As I understood it, CV wanted to be in the league for everything but football, and The league did not want Coshocton due to lack of playoff points teams would gain for the foreseeable future.

Not if the DVI or DVII school has a great program.
We can have philosophical debates all we want, and speculate what might happen if Maria Stein were in the small division. One of the best DVII schools in my area, Shadyside - who I think has a 16 year playoff run, would be destroyed by Ridgewood, IV, or Sandy. The facts remain: it's an arrangement that clearly has benefited, and will continue to benefit, the large schools at the expense of the small schools and the students athletes who play for them.

We can have philosophical debates all we want, and speculate what might happen if Maria Stein were in the small division. One of the best DVII schools in my area, Shadyside - who I think has a 16 year playoff run, would be destroyed by Ridgewood, IV, or Sandy. The facts remain: it's an arrangement that clearly has benefited, and will continue to benefit, the large schools at the expense of the small schools and the students athletes who play for them.

That is your opinion and that is fine. Personally, I think it would benefit Wood and Garaway a lot more the last three years to have played larger schools and get challenged than it did playing small schools who don't have their programs together. I wouldn't be against getting rid of the crossovers. However, I'd be more for the small schools of the IVC building their programs so they can compete. Right now, there isn't one North division team that really has their program consistently rolling.

That is your opinion and that is fine. Personally, I think it would benefit Wood and Garaway a lot more the last three years to have played larger schools and get challenged than it did playing small schools who don't have their programs together. I wouldn't be against getting rid of the crossovers. However, I'd be more for the small schools of the IVC building their programs so they can compete. Right now, there isn't one North division team that really has their program consistently rolling.

Exactly. Let the big schools play two divisions up. If the smaller schools can do it, let Indian Valley (just as an example) play a division 2 school every year. Let me know when that happens.

Exactly. Let the big schools play two divisions up. If the smaller schools can do it, let Indian Valley (just as an example) play a division 2 school every year. Let me know when that happens.
I’m pretty sure they have a series with Dover coming up. Is that big enough for you?

Ridgwood (DV) was scheduled to play Marlington (DIII) this year in week one so it does happen. But that's besides the point. The schools in the North Division CHOSE to join a league with Indian Valley. That's really the only team you added that would fit your idea of a big school that beats up on the north. You ALWAYS played Ridgewood and Garaway already and Buckeye Trail is in the north.

You keep acting like size is the only determining factor. I don't hear any north division team complaining about playing Tusky Valley or Claymont. Why is that?

Maybe one day everyone will realize they need to stop picking against the the Wood. I don’t think people realize the gap that Wood has created between all other IVC schools in the last few years. Best team in the area by far, possibly even D5. The Wood will win tomorrow night and honestly, it won’t even be a contest. Probably running clock Sandy like they do to everyone else. I don’t see any IVC school giving Wood any sort of competition. Best of luck Sandy, you’re gonna need it.

Maybe one day everyone will realize they need to stop picking against the the Wood. I don’t think people realize the gap that Wood has created between all other IVC schools in the last few years. Best team in the area by far, possibly even D5. The Wood will win tomorrow night and honestly, it won’t even be a contest. Probably running clock Sandy like they do to everyone else. I don’t see any IVC school giving Wood any sort of competition. Best of luck Sandy, you’re gonna need it.
You obviously are just a Wood homer. Any realist can see that Sandy is a very good team and are not being taken lightly by anyone especially after last week. Ridgewood will need to be at their best to beat Sandy tomorrow and the players and coaches at Ridgewood know that.

Did you just join so you could post this?!?!?!?! Or another disguise. LMAO....... I call fake......

You obviously are just a Wood homer. Any realist can see that Sandy is a very good team and are not being taken lightly by anyone especially after last week. Ridgewood will need to be at their best to beat Sandy tomorrow and the players and coaches at Ridgewood know that.

I agree, Sandy is a very good team, but Wood is on another level. Garaway and IV were very good teams last year and look what happened. Wood could lose this game if they don’t perform, but I promise you the coaches in WL will have the kids mentally prepared and everyone that plays a part in Wood football will be locked in tomorrow night.

North

Claymont
Garaway
Harrison Central
I.V
Ridgewood
S.V
T.V

South
Buckeye Trail
C.V
East Canton
Malvern
Newcomerstown
Strasburg
TCC

Trail plays Harrison Central
C. V vs Claymont
East Canton vs I.V
Strasburg vs Garaway
Malvern vs S.V
Newcomerstown vs Ridgewood
TCC vs T.V

Everyone keeps their rival and happy

Yes both my jr Sr year got screwed out of the playoffs because we had to play c.v

Wtf really plz stop this is hilarious lol

North

Claymont
Garaway
Harrison Central
I.V
Ridgewood
S.V
T.V

South
Buckeye Trail
C.V
East Canton
Malvern
Newcomerstown
Strasburg
TCC

Trail plays Harrison Central
C. V vs Claymont
East Canton vs I.V
Strasburg vs Garaway
Malvern vs S.V
Newcomerstown vs Ridgewood
TCC vs T.V

Everyone keeps their rival and happy

Didn't Harrison Central already say no?

C'mon guys, with all the knowledge spewed here, show what ya got on the T-County pick-em thread...... Thanks in advance!!!!

So I know this isn't perfect but it would be interesting to see what happened if the IVC completely eliminated divisions and based their schedule off of a results based formula similar to what the MAC does. So in the example below the schools are divided into four tiers based on the number of IVC wins over the last two seasons. These tier would be updated annually.

The scheduling formula would be that you play 8 IVC games that would include the other two teams within your tier and then you play all three teams in two other tiers. The tiers are assigned so that the top three programs over the last two seasons do not play the bottom three programs over the last two seasons.

Theoretically, this would make it so the top programs all get to play each other (providing better competition) and the bottom programs all get to play each other (providing them a chance to build their programs). As your program has more success you build up to higher tiers and your schedule gets tougher.

So for example, this is how the tiers would like like based off IVC wins over the last two seasons.

Tier One (Plays Tier Two and Tier Three)
  1. Ridgewood - 13
  2. Indian Valley - 12
  3. Sandy Valley - 12
Tier Two (Plays Tier One and Tier Four)
  1. Garaway - 10
  2. Buckeye Trail - 8
  3. East Canton - 8
Tier Three (Plays Tier One and Tier Four)
  1. TCC - 6
  2. Tusky Valley - 5
  3. Malvern - 5
Tier Four (Plays Tier Two and Tier Three)
  1. Newcomerstown - 3
  2. Claymont - 1
  3. Strasburg - 0
Schedules - 8 Games (2 in your tier + 6 based on standings)

Ridgewood (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Indian Valley, Sandy Valley, Garaway, Buckeye Trail, East Canton, TCC, Tusky Valley, Malvern
Indian Valley (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Ridgewood, Sandy Valley, Garaway, Buckeye Trail, East Canton, TCC, Tusky Valley, Malvern
Sandy Valley (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Ridgewood, Indian Valley, Garaway, Buckeye Trail, East Canton, TCC, Tusky Valley, Malvern
Garaway - (1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 12) - Ridgewood, Indian Valley, Sandy Valley, Buckeye Trail, East Canton, Newcomerstown, Claymont, Strasburg
Buckeye Trail - (1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 12) - Ridgewood, Indian Valley, Sandy Valley, Garaway, East Canton, Newcomerstown, Claymont, Strasburg
East Canton - (1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 12) - Ridgewood, Indian Valley, Sandy Valley, Garaway, Buckeye Trail, Newcomerstown, Claymont, Strasburg
TCC (1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 12) - Ridgewood, Indian Valley, Sandy Valley, Tusky Valley, Malvern, Newcomerstown, Claymont, Strasburg
Tusky Valley (1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 12) - Ridgewood, Indian Valley, Sandy Valley, TCC, Malvern, Newcomerstown, Claymont, Strasburg
Malvern (1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 12) - Ridgewood, Indian Valley, Sandy Valley, TCC, Tusky Valley, Newcomerstown, Claymont, Strasburg
Newcomerstown (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) - Garaway, Buckeye Trail, East Canton, TCC, Tusky Valley, Malvern, Claymont, Strasburg
Claymont (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) - Garaway, Buckeye Trail, East Canton, TCC, Tusky Valley, Malvern, Newcomerstown, Strasburg
Strasburg (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) - Garaway, Buckeye Trail, East Canton, TCC, Tusky Valley, Malvern, Newcomerstown, Claymont

You can all look at your team's schedule based on the idea and see what you would think of it. I feel like in most cases the schedule would be better than it is now or at worse the same. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure the same concept could be refined and made better but this was just a starting point I came up with based on MAC scheduling.