It's January 3rd: Final Predictions

Being a graduate of YSU during the coach Tressel national championship era.....I know that Ohio State will try to win with solid defense and a ground control offense. Don't forget Florida State ate up Miami with a solid running game. If not for a missed field goal Miami may not be in the Fiesta Bowl. I'm sure Tressel has studied the tape of that game! I would like to see Ohio State win, but unfortunately I think Miami has too many athletes.

Miami 24
Ohio State 13

Just a reminder to everyone .......

New England was not supposed to win the Super Bowl.....

ASVSM was supposed to be too talented for DII teams.....

The Angels can not beat the Yankees.......

The games are played on the field for a reason.

27-9
MIAMI

Just a little FYI to watch for tonight, if Miami scores 31 or more points they wont lose. The Canes are 131-0 since 1985 when they score 31 or more.

This isn't necessarily relevant, but OSU is 7-6 against the spread, and 7-2 against the spread on grass this season. Miami, I think was 3-7 (one game was a push). -Straight from the "wild man" this morning for you Cininnatians. So, Raider has OSU covering as I think the spread has moved to 11.5, but I could be wrong. WWE, I know the spread doesn't bring trophies home, but it can bring in some cash!! (I'd prefer the trophy though)

Heart says 22-20 Bucks
Head says 14-24 Canes

Hopfully I am wrong, as I have done miserable straight up this year.

It can bring some money in, you say. However, honorable people don't bet on sports in the first place.

It's true, it's true. Trust me...

WWE Champion said:
It can bring some money in, you say. However, honorable people don't bet on sports in the first place.

What?!

Have you totally wacked out?

WWE Champion said:
Is Art Schleister an honorable person?

There is a difference between a someone who is sick like Art and someone who casually and occasionally wagers on sports.

Being a ND fan I assume that you are Catholic. Do you know any honorable folks who play bingo? Or participate in reverse raffles for their schools? Or who participate in fantasy football leagues that payout money to the champion?

All of these are forms of betting.

I am in a pool, not betting on individual games, FWIW. I suppose all the old ladies showing up at bingo night at church are not honorable. How about split the pot at Dad's club??

Why can't people just enjoy the purity of the game like I do? Betting is just throwing away money to someone else. Although the old women shouldn't really be betting by playing bingo, it does give them a social thing to do, so I'm not against that as much.

WWE Champion said:
Why can't people just enjoy the purity of the game like I do? Betting is just throwing away money to someone else. Although the old women shouldn't really be betting by playing bingo, it does give them a social thing to do, so I'm not against that as much.

Personally, I don't bet on sports. But I also don't question the honor of someone who does.

WWE Champion - I never bet on football and have no desire to, but I am a realist and understand that people do bet on these games. It doesn't have any bearing on their "honor", it's just a form of entertainment. Some would actually argue that rooting against a team is less honorable...

My prediction on the game:
Miami 21 Buckeyes 10

I hope I'm wrong and the Buckeyes can stun the world, but this is my realistic view of the game.

You're not implying that I'm rooting against Ohio State, are you? Because I'm not. I'm impartial.

WWE Champion said:
I'm impartial.

(in Dr. Evil voice)
RRRRiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhht.
How about the rampent gambling at Dad's Club??? What about the purity of the HS game??? :laugh: :laugh: :confused: :help:

If you were impartial, you wouldn't attempt to belittle Ohio State, instead you would say why Miami is superior. Constant bashing of Ohio State makes it obvious that you are rooting against them.

Goalpost said:
RRRRiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhht.
How about the rampent gambling at Dad's Club??? What about the purity of the HS game??? :laugh: :laugh: :confused: :help:

Is WWE Champion an Elder fan?

The purity of the high school game is not threatened by Dad's Club because they're not betting on the game.

asdfjkl said:
If you were impartial, you wouldn't attempt to belittle Ohio State, instead you would say why Miami is superior. Constant bashing of Ohio State makes it obvious that you are rooting against them.
i have to stick by wwe here! this guy comes on here and brings insight and clearly shows knowledge of the game. he doesn't bash ohio state, he just brings their fans down into reality. they're not as good as you all think and you will see that tonight.

money!!