Is this year's Buffalo team the best MAC team ever?

Chop Stix

They just beat the Ohio Bobcats by 47 points last night.

They boast one of the best MAC talents in recent memory in CJ Massinburg.

They're currently projected to earn a 7-seed in the NCAA tournament (highest seed ever by a MAC team to my knowledge).

Yes, they need to win in March to ultimately claim the title, but as of now, they look a tier above everyone else they play.

Depends on how far they go I guess. OBCF will say an OU team was the best. Probably the year he was sure they would win it all ;)

Depends on how far they go I guess. OBCF will say an OU team was the best. Probably the year he was sure they would win it all ;)

OU made the Sweet 16 not too long aho and Kent State made the Elite 8 in 2002. That Kent State team finished 14th in KenPom so I guess that's the end-of-season target mark for Buffalo (who's currently 23rd).

The 2002 Kent game took some punches in the non-conference games but was a well-oiled machine once they got to MAC play. 1999 Miami was in and out of the top 25 all season and had a sure-fire lottery pick talent. This Buffalo team is easily in the conversation with those two. The 2012 Ohio team did the same style of play UB does now (play fast, get out and run, force turnovers, bomb away from 3). UB does it better. I predict UB will win at least one game in the tourney again because their style of play gives them a fighting chance against anyone.

... 1999 Miami was in and out of the top 25 all season and had a sure-fire lottery pick talent. ...

Wally's World.

Wally Szczerbiak and Miami went to the Sweet 16 in 1999, beating Washington and Utah before losing to Kentucky. Wally went for 43, 24 and 23 points in those games and was drafted 6th in the NBA Draft. That was one of Miami's best teams.

Way back in 1978, Miami went to the Sweet 16, also losing to Kentucky. That team included Archie Aldridge and Randy Ayers.

1964 Ohio University Elite 8 team

The 2012 Ohio team was one free throw from being in the elite 8. Of course we had everything back the next year but lost in the MAC tournament