Investing thread for DR, $, ep, Bluth, main event, OBCF and others

The Dow is what, 300 points below the all-tine high hit a month or ago ago? Huge crash. Definitely worth abandoning a long term plan.

He should have listened to LCD. I don't think he sold AAPL when I told him to, either.

Actually I made a lot shorting APPL. Also made a lot going long google. Two of my better plays ever.

NOK was a chunk of my portfolio. My entire portfolio is now properly covered for the upcoming crisis. Easy money.

:laugh: obfd is one of those guys who constantly tell you how to invest your money and about the killing they made trading....then you find out they are an accounting clerk at Maybeilene and you just know they are completely full of 99.9% of the time.

Nok up another 5% today; I would guess the new nok has the potential to top out at $8/share without the drag from devices. What a boner by obfd. He could be talking about a real winner in nok now (up nearly 60% since the msft deal and on its way to a solid 1bagger), instead of all this fake bluster. He has to hope for Great Recession 2 now to make up those lost gains now.

:laugh: obfd is one of those guys who constantly tell you how to invest your money and about the killing they made trading....then you find out they are an accounting clerk at Maybeilene and you just know they are completely full of 99.9% of the time.

Maybe he's born with it, maybe it's maybeline!

Nok is up >8% today; up . That's gotta hurt anyone who exited a long position in the last month. Talk about bad timing!

It's up > 57% in the past 30 days. But hey, OBFD killed it for over >35%, so he doesn't care. Plus, he has his magical derivatives shorting the S&P, so he has bridged that opportunity cost a little today :clap:.

No it didn't. :laugh:

But even if true (which it isn't), you missed out on another 100%+.

OFGT would have had to buy in around July '12 to even sniff a 100% return. Either way, he is failing to realize how much money he left on the table so that he could get all fancy and "short" the s&p.

:laugh: Do you remember when he said he was expecting "big gains" after a pull back and then flipped the script and said the sky was falling? OFGT, the perfect Democrat :clap:.

I told you when SPY was around 165 it would head back up. It did Rebought around 169.2

Easy money.

But yeah, you gophers do not understand leverage at all.

I told you when SPY was around 165 it would head back up. It did Rebought around 169.2

Easy money.

But yeah, you gophers do not understand leverage at all.

:laugh: obfd is completely making stuff up now! Gotta love all the after the fact trade disclosure. I'm sure he's day trading his leveraged short on the s&p. :laugh:

The guy is a total moron. Plenty of his type out there.

OFGT is the precurser to Mr. Investimg Guru who is 48 years old, had a decent 401k and then daytraded his IRA to pennies on the dollar because he "knows it all". :laugh: As LCD would say, "OFGT is a garden variety r3t@rd!"

Probably going long NUGT again soon via call options.

I like GOOG. If the market crashes, I am buying them en-mass.

If I am going to short I do it via Put Options.

If you've got the right asset allocation and are DCA, who cares? Slightly overweight and underweight some areas, but no huge changes to your portfolio should be made.