If Your Team had the First 5 Picks in the NFL Draft

Irwin20

Your favorite NFL team has picks 1-5 (and no others) in the NFL draft who do you take? You can’t trade your picks for addition picks later in the draft. My picks:

Steelers:
1.Marvin Harrison OSU Wr
2.Olu Fashanu Penn St OT
3.Quinjon Mitchell. Toledo DB
4.Jackson PowersJohnson Oregon C
5. Caleb Williams USC Qb*

* not 100% certain Steelers need a QB in 2024 but the consensus seems to be Williams is a lock to be very good. Tempted to go with someone like Texas DT Byron Murphy here based on current needs.

Last edited:

For the Vikings

1. Marvin Harrison, WR, OSU
2. Jaden Daniels, QB, LSU
3. Drake Maye, QB, UNC
4. Q Mitchell, CB, Toledo
5. Byron Murphy, DT, Texas

I get the best player in the draft (Harrison), a press corner (Mitchell), a potential dominant defensive lineman (Murphy) and one way or the other I get my franchise QB, with the loser of the battle getting me a first rounder in the next draft.

Bengals:
WR Marvin Harrison Jr
OT Joe Alt
TE Brock Bowers
DT Bryon Murphy
CB Quinyon Mitchell

Breaking the spirit of the argument for the second half of this post and trading Higgins to pick up a 2nd rounder

The Bengals need a tackle to replace Reader also need to protect Burrow.
Murphy I think is a stud but neither him nor Newton would replace Reader. Reader was the Bengals NT, those two if one of them is the pick would eventually replace BJ Hill at the 3tech.

Sweat, also out of Texas, is the top NT in the draft. Hopefully the Bengals can snag him.

Murphy I think is a stud but neither him nor Newton would replace Reader. Reader was the Bengals NT, those two if one of them is the pick would eventually replace BJ Hill at the 3tech.

Sweat, also out of Texas, is the top NT in the draft. Hopefully the Bengals can snag him.
IMO though if Reader had not left, DT would not be a top priority.