Hypothetical question

Would OHSAA cancel a championship game if a team had a COVID positive or just postpone it a week? I would hope they would let the championship be decided on the field and not in a lab

Would OHSAA cancel a championship game if a team had a COVID positive or just postpone it a week? I would hope they would let the championship be decided on the field and not in a lab

Well, if you go off of their statement about a Covid issue for a game now that would mean that team automatically loses.

But in a situation like that, you would think something could be worked out for the game to be played at a later date. Who knows tho. This season is goofy enough

OHSAA wants their money. I think they would do anything to make sure a State Title game was played

Couple things:

1) The OHSAA isn't canceling games. It's schools and health departments that are canceling games. I would doubt the OHSAA would be the one to pull the plug on a State Championship Game.

2) According to the state, the playoffs have to be finished by November 21st. Now, whether they could get a waiver or something play a week later, who knows? But if you're a school who's in the regional finals, you better be telling your kids, and more importantly their parents, that they need to have their bleep together, otherwise they could be jeopardizing everything.

I have no idea what the OHSAA 'has planed for this scenario.

Usually if a team can not answer the call the next team in it's bracket plays
in it's spot.

I.E.

G1 : A vs B
G2 : C vs D
G3 :G1 winner vs G2 winner

G1 : A vs B / A wins
G2 : C vs D / C wins but can not play
G3 : A vs D

In 1995 ~ D-I Final-4
Clv.St.Ignatius 41 : 06 Ytn.Boardman
Cin.Colerain* 49 : 00 Brunswick
(* Colerain forfeit 00 : 01 Brunswick)
Clv.St.Ignatius 41 : 21 Brunswick

:>---

SALT

That would be interesting and fitting for 2020. What if a team that was eliminated one week, won the title the next?