Hudson 1-0 at Lake 1-0

Who wins

• Hudson

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Lake

Votes: 37 67.3%

• Total voters

Spencer

Lake beat a scrappy Green squad in a sloppy but entertaining game.
Hudson beat Kenston In a close 17-14 game.Hudson though lost their qb in the game with a wrist injury and will most likely be out for awhile. Ben Gedeon is a beast and will be a handful for the blue streak D.

Gedeon is a great ball player, but these seniors have had a lot of experience of playing against, and doing well against star players such as Brionte Dunn. In addition, Durbin seldom has a problem planning against any offensive or defensive unit. This is always a great match up in which the cumulative final score since the series has started has been 54-47 in favor of Hudson in the last 3 seasons. Also, the home team in this mini rivalry has never lost. In my honest opinion, the question is can the Lake Secondary hold up against Hudson's passing. If Lake shuts that down it makes the game a lot easier, if not, it could be a very trying battle. A lot of good players and men overall have come out of both programs and I have nothing but respect for both programs. Good luck to both teams, and GO LAKE!!!

Hudson survived against a bigger and more athletic Kenston with the full support of an emotional home crowd celebrating a new stadium. Without Q at tackle and Nagy at fullback blowing open holes for Gideon, the offense looked ineffective, weak. Gideon cannot win the game by himself. Unfortunately for Lake, Hudson platooned QB's and it is the bigger, more efficient QB that Lake will see. However, if Lake brings the traditional physical punch to the field that is typically their style, Hudson is not big enough or strong enough to hold up to the assault. Lake by 14.

Hudson game plan is simple for Lake: Stop Ben on offense and block him when he's on defense. Punish him and break his will, the rest of the team feeds off of him.

Without him, they win 2 games at the most. Easy peazy, right? Not so fast my friends<in my best Lee Corso>.

The game plan above is easier said than done. And if Lake gives them multiple opportunities (TO's like against Green), Hudson will make them pay.

It's a tossup but will go with the home team in a high scoring affair. Lake 27-24.

What's the injury status of Lake's O-Line (if there still is one)? I know they had a couple guys sitting during the scrimmages and Shreve was playing RG during the Green game (I thought he was TE). Is this what we should expect to see moving forward? Or, is this a result of guys on the mend?

Not a bad start for the streaks.weaknesses will be addressed by the coaching staff.I have to say,what a player the traikoff kidd is.And only a sophmore i believe.Gotta tighten up against the pass of hudson.GOOD LUCK STREAKS.

one of the best parts of HS football is the huge improvement from week 1 to week 2.Even last year Lake made slight improvements from the embarrassment of the Green game.They didnt win but Atleast they were watchable.

I expect Durbin will make the proper changes and fixes that need to be made in this game.

Finally Greendad has made his 2012 asinine comment of the year.
Green seemed to contain him pretty well.Even forced him to fumble what 3 times.Yet Lake clearly controlled the tempo and the game throughout.

Lake isn't where they want to be right now but they arent as bad as you think.

WOW we dont hear from the idiot all summer then he shows his face the week after we beat him..go figure and go away green dad worry about Jackson..see you NEXT august!

I think that loss hurt Greendaddy a little more than we'll ever know. GL in th the SL Green. Give us some points this year. We probably will need them.

Finally Greendad has made his 2012 asinine comment of the year.
Green seemed to contain him pretty well.Even forced him to fumble what 3 times.Yet Lake clearly controlled the tempo and the game throughout.

Lake isn't where they want to be right now but they arent as bad as you think.

He may have fumbled but he was the only one making big chunks of yardage. Lake has or didnt have that night any passing game except a couple of long scoring passes where we totally blew coverage.
I'm not saying that Durbin cant come up with something, but what I saw was that if a team stops up 45, lake is in trouble.
Admit it, no matter how you toss it, If 45 doesnt run, for any reason, you are hurting.
dont squirm, consider yourself lucky to have a game changing RB.

Gazdacko ran pretty well!We had over 250 yds rushing with Blas getting 140.So someone else ran the ball.Didn't we only have 40 yds rushing total last year? We never pass much like every year.Just pass enough to keep defenses honest.

Lake should win

I saw Hudson play and they were fortunate to get the win. Their backup qb (sophomore) played well, but their O line is small and got pushed around. Big Ben didn't have any running room, and they couldn't get the ball to Leighton Antonio, their speedster. Hudson's D is ahead of the O by a lot right now. I'm hoping for a good game, but afraid Lake is too strong.

Hudson

Pretty sure if Hudson only keys on #45 they will be in trouble as lake has plenty of guys on the team that can score #4,#9,#10,#39 also thinking that young soph. Dadich isnt letting go of that QB position anytime soon and that makes them a threat to pass on any play.

I believe this secondary with Crites being a senior along with Gazdacko could be one of the better ones that Lake has had in awhile. If they close the passing game down and the Oline of Hudson puts on a performance like last week Lake is going to win this game, that is as long as they limit turnovers. I'm taking Lake 27-20

If any of you guys have accurate stats from the Green game, please get them to FridayNightOhio.com. Green's stats are listed in the area leaders but not Lake's. Drew Griffith may be the area top receiver and Blaz. in the top 5.
Don't forget to vote, the poll closes at noon Tuesday.

Last edited:
You stop that #45 Blasiole, or he doesnt play for some reason, the streaks are in deep sht.

You are truly a bone head! Other than one play(the 50 yarder that he scored on) you did contain Blasiole....plus forced 2-3 fumbles....142yds on 25 carries, take away the 50 yarder and he had 92 yards on 24 carries....

Green got burned on two pass plays cuz they were so concerned with stopping the run....

That pretty much has been Lake's MO for the past 25 years or so......

You are truly a bone head! Other than one play(the 50 yarder that he scored on) you did contain Blasiole....plus forced 2-3 fumbles....142yds on 25 carries, take away the 50 yarder and he had 92 yards on 24 carries....

Green got burned on two pass plays cuz they were so concerned with stopping the run....

That pretty much has been Lake's MO for the past 25 years or so......

OK, what ever you say 88. I know what I saw. Whats funny is, hes your main guy, and you cant even give him credit.
bottom line in our game is, if he wasnt in the game, we would have won it.

If... If.... If..... If.... Reality is reality. If Tom Brady played for the Patriots they may have never won 1 let alone 3 superbowls in the 2000's. If Hoover didn't have Erick Howard they would probably not have made the playoffs his sophomore thru senior years. If Lake's starting offensive and defensive units weren't playing, you probably would have won. None of these are the case. Things happen the way they do, we cannot go back and say well if, if, if, because it doesn't matter. Lake won, doesn't matter why, win your next 9, make it to the playoffs, try again next year. Just leave it alone for another 51 weeks

If... If.... If..... If.... Reality is reality. If Tom Brady played for the Patriots they may have never won 1 let alone 3 superbowls in the 2000's. If Hoover didn't have Erick Howard they would probably not have made the playoffs his sophomore thru senior years. If Lake's starting offensive and defensive units weren't playing, you probably would have won. None of these are the case. Things happen the way they do, we cannot go back and say well if, if, if, because it doesn't matter. Lake won, doesn't matter why, win your next 9, make it to the playoffs, try again next year. Just leave it alone for another 51 weeks

Yea but his son graduates this year.So we may not see Greendad anymore.

Hudson's lines on both sides of the ball are not very good. Look for them try to pass more than they did last week. Need to get Gideon on the perimeter. If Hudson keeps it close, they may have a chance...But I see Lake winning 28 to 7.

Throwback, that was about as perfect a response as anyone could have imagined. I quit replying to that idiot 2 years ago because of non-sense comments he continuously makes in a feeble effort to get the pot stirring. Nice post.

Loud might be good, but blending sounds is GREAT>>>>

Hey let's not forget about the Blue Streaks Band. They have some big numbers themselves this year. If I had to guess, Streaks band has to be 250 or better. Halftime show should be a good one