How will Hamilton Badin be in 2010 ?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest league champs and deep tournament run. just a guess

Overrated and choke, that is rather comical.
How many schools in Ohio can boast the baseball success that Badin has had in the last 20 years? Back to back state runnerups is a choke? I am sure there is disappointment and a feeling that they should have won one of the 3 they have lost since 2005, but choke? Good lord. Who plays the schedule they play? Certainly no one in their division, heck throw out their lame GCL schedule and there aren't too many teams in any division that play that schedule.
Overrated and choke, man what is up with that. I'm not even a fan but one has to give credit where credit is due.

Wow they didnt choke at all. Things just went wrong. I predict the same as last year...... BUt winning state. Led by Alex Rieman and Jeff Smith.

Who plays the schedule they play? Certainly no one in their division.....

I think Canton Central Catholic is in the same division and thier schedule is pretty tough. This year's schedule had Walsh Jesuit, St. Eds, St. Ignatius, Perry, Massillon, McKinley, Dover, New Philladelphia, Hudson, Sandusky Perkins, Alliance, North Royalton.....not too shabby.

Having said that, I think Badin is poised for a pretty deep run this spring.

Badin

Bottom line is that Badin's program will always be a contender becasue of the history of the program. Good coaching staff plus hard nosed Hamilton kids equals success.

Badin will of course be GCL Central champs. We have come to expect nothing less out of Ram Baseball...

The question is, how far will Badin go in the postseason?

I do not see this Ram team making the run of the previous two years. They lost great players and leadership in the 09 class. That 09 class was crazy good ever since they were frosh and I find it hard to think this team will be as successful without McKinney, Cassano, Staarmann, Van Natta, Toerner, Fritsch, Clear, Beatty, Wurzelbacher, Brown, etc.

However, this team has talent with players such as Jeff Smith, Alex Rieman, J. Gattermeyer, etc. But the pitching is not that deep, and I can't see the Rams in the State Finals again. Though the likelihood of a relatively deep tournament run is high. It will be a matter of how they handle the difficult schedule and build confidence at the beginning of the season.

I also think that TJ Nichting will be a freshman, and he should be able to make an immediate impact. He is a stud to say the least. Ever since little league. Should be a fun season to watch.

Badin will of course be GCL Central champs. We have come to expect nothing less out of Ram Baseball...

I do not see this Ram team making the run of the previous two years. They lost great players and leadership in the 09 class. That 09 class was crazy good ever since they were frosh and I find it hard to think this team will be as successful without McKinney, Cassano, Staarmann, Van Natta, Toerner, Fritsch, Clear, Beatty, Wurzelbacher, Brown, etc.

However, this team has talent with players such as Jeff Smith, Alex Rieman, J. Gattermeyer, etc. But the pitching is not that deep, and I can't see the Rams in the State Finals again. Though the likelihood of a relatively deep tournament run is high. It will be a matter of how they handle the difficult schedule and build confidence at the beginning of the season.

I also think that TJ Nichting will be a freshman, and he should be able to make an immediate impact. He is a stud to say the least. Ever since little league. Should be a fun season to watch.
Will be a season with a lot of ups and downs, as with any young team - they will only go as far as their pitching staff takes them. They have a lot of talented juniors and sophs but as I stated earlier they will only go as far as their pitching staff takes them. One thing for sure, the well is far from dry, they will be very competitive for at least the next few years.

I would love to see an Indian Valley:Badin rematch during the season. I know Indian Valley has a few open dates and would be willing to play. Indian Valley returns all there pitching and a total of 6 returning letterman with a couple of talented young kids. Indian Valley moves to D2 this year so there will be no possible rematch at state so lets make it happen during the season. Good Luck to the Rams in 2010

Bottom line is that Badin's program will always be a contender becasue of the history of the program. Good coaching staff plus hard nosed Hamilton kids equals success.

i dont know if you can say those kids are hard nosed.... spoon fed maybe!!! But none the less a very talented group!!!!

Dawg-while I agree spoon fed may be more appropiate they are no more spoon fed than your beloved Blue, at least the kids I know that play baseball.

Dawg-while I agree spoon fed may be more appropiate they are no more spoon fed than your beloved Blue, at least the kids I know that play baseball.

I'm just quoting off history too!! think of some that have gone through blues program!! wow..... some of them make you scratch your head!!

WOW thats bold. badin will of course be gcl central champs? have you forgotten about mcnick... they are going to be solid this year and of course badin always have deep playoff runs because they are in d3.

WOW thats bold. badin will of course be gcl central champs? have you forgotten about mcnick... they are going to be solid this year and of course badin always have deep playoff runs because they are in d3.

It doesn't matter what division Badin is in, or how many kids they lose, they have always been able to put a competitive team on the field.
Here is a question for GCPRO - how many straight GCL league titles has Badin won ?
Their streak may come to an end this year, who know? But one thing for sure Badin will be competitive.

well they joined the league in 1992 and yes I believe they have won every one of them(92 to the present), shared a couple but have won each one. and what does dIII have to do with it, they have made deep tourney runs in each division they have played in

Sheez, seeing as how the Rams have won either the GCL North or GCL Central for eighteen years straight, I think we can place together a solid statement that the Rams are the team to beat in the GCL Central every year.

But who knows, maybe McNick can dethrone them this year, but realistically, this will be the 19th straight year for Badin winning the GCL Central, thats what the coaches expect and that what the players expect.

About making deep playoff runs simply because they are D.3. Wow, its almost an arrogant statement. Baseball is one of the few sports where despite your division, you can have the best overall team in the state. Badin's team last year, despite the loss in the state finals, was the best overall team in the state in my opinion. They beat all of their GCL south opponents, beating Moeller, the state champion in div. 1, not once but twice. The team chemistry is great every year but that group last year was something else. Indian Valley is also one of those teams that could beat any team on anyday. But sure, the talent pool is greater in range in Divisions 1 and 2 but to say a team is only good because they are division 3 is a pretty farfetched, BS type statement.

Oh I imagine it will end at some time, but they look to be pretty good once again in 2010. Lost all but one starter but many ample replacements waiting in the wings. The league is no where near what it once was. RB and PM have fallen on hard times which makes it a 2 team(BHS/McNick) race with only the South opponents to figure in the race. I also think Badin has made it to at least the district championship game every year since 1995. All but the last 2 seasons were in DII.

If you didn't know OP, Badin has a good baseball program. Should we give the credit to Badin or the kids who go to Badin? Hmm.

El Jugo,
Badin was a very good team last and should good this year.
But to correct you, the 2009 team only played, and beat, Moeller once.

Objective1,
That's actually what I thought, but in this thread or some other thread, someone said that Badin beat Moeller twice and a Moe fan went with it so I assumed that they played twice though I thought only once. But you're correct, they played them once.

el jugo could you help me out. I was wondering how many of the kids that graduated last year are playing baseball in college. What kids and where are they playing. I know McKinney is at OSU and Clear is at Xavier. Who else is playing and where?

Thanks Tuff

el jugo could you help me out. I was wondering how many of the kids that graduated last year are playing baseball in college. What kids and where are they playing. I know McKinney is at OSU and Clear is at Xavier. Who else is playing and where?

Thanks Tuff

I'll help you out, to the best of my knowledge ....

Playing: McKinney (Ohio State), Clear (Xavier), Toerner (N. Kentucky), Fritsch (Thomas More), Staarmann (Otterbein, was going to play football, I think he's playing baseball), Brown (Miami Hamilton)
Not playing: Wurzelbacher (Mt. Union, playing football), Cassano (Dayton), Pate (Wright State), Van Natta (Wright State), Beatty (Mt. St. Joe, playing golf), McFarland (Ohio State)

Good Luck to the Rams in 2010. We'll see how the Cavs do this season. Maybe we can get a rematch and reverse the outcome. :)