How safe did the season end up being?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlightCrew

In our area, I know of 3 football programs who had players test positive. 0 hospitalizations, 0 deaths. Was the rest of State in the same boat, relatively speaking? Hopefully basketball can go as smoothly.

My question would be if there has been any evidence of transmission between teams during a game. I have no idea about the answer but my guess is very little or none or there would’ve been a push to shut sports down. Same with crowds.

is the season over? WHo won? These naps are getting longer and longer.

II think the measures taken were a good first step. Gives us a good, "we'll see." Seems more problems occurred off the field than on. Now the next set of teams will begin playing.

The season is not over. We still have 6 weeks to go.

Someone else asked, "if there has been any evidence of transmission between teams during a game?" Is there even any evidence that a player has caught covid at practice or in the weight room?

We've been lucky, but it's also more than that.

Things have gone much better than I ever expected. Very happy the kids got to play. Hopefully things remain that way.

In our area, I know of 3 football programs who had players test positive. 0 hospitalizations, 0 deaths. Was the rest of State in the same boat, relatively speaking? Hopefully basketball can go as smoothly.

That's because 80 year old's, in nursing homes, with 3 co-morbidities don't play. Get these kids back in school 5 days a week now. For those not interested, stay home, no big deal.

Contact tracing has been the bigger issue, and a lot of times it's siblings coming home from college and bringing the Vid with them, or a sibling and or parent bringing it home from work where it tends to spread more like a prison or assisted living place. Wedding receptions have been problematic to.

That's because 80 year old's, in nursing homes, with 3 co-morbidities don't play. Get these kids back in school 5 days a week now. For those not interested, stay home, no big deal.

That won't happen. Too many teachers are living in fear.

- - - - -

I'm waiting for the first team in the playoffs to be ousted because of positive tests.

Team-A scheduled to play Team-B
Team-A tests + for CV-19 ~ Team-A is out of the playoffs.
Team-B advances to next round.

:>---

SALT

- - - - -

I'm waiting for the first team in the playoffs to be ousted because of positive tests.

SALT

Already happened - Manchester is forfeiting their 1st round game v. Lockland due to positive tests/quarantine. Lockland will advance.

- - - - -

SALT
Going 5 days a week here already. Have been since Aug.

- - - - -

SALT

Three school districts in Butler County have announced they will be going back to full-time within the next couple of weeks. Those who wish to opt out are given a virtual learning opportunity.

It was perfectly safe, no thanks to the covid restrictions. Every kid playing football is much more likely to get seriously injured playing the sport than they are to have any symptoms whatsoever of Covid. People going to the games, assume the risk of getting sick at the game because they made a conscious choice to attend, just like assuming the risk of getting hit by a foul ball at a baseball game. Let's get back to letting people be personally responsible for their own health and safety and get the heck on with life.

Westerville South postponed / cancelled Freshman and JV games because one kid tested positive for Covid. 66 players and at least 3 Coaches were told to quarantine. Thats what a radio DJ reported who has kids in the Westerville School system.

The season is not over. We still have 6 weeks to go.

Someone else asked, "if there has been any evidence of transmission between teams during a game?" Is there even any evidence that a player has caught covid at practice or in the weight room?

We've been lucky, but it's also more than that.

with the number of contacts in six weeks of football, I think I'd have to give credance to anyone that wanted to claim more than luck. It still may be a ticking time-bomb but then so mght anything. I'm believing a good formula has been found. If we can get some nut-job Al Bundy in Idaho, for example, to try that formula, we might put this thing to rest.

Already happened - Manchester is forfeiting their 1st round game v. Lockland due to positive tests/quarantine. Lockland will advance.
Champion too. Overall though out of 630 some odd teams that eventually opted in to the playoffs and 2 aren't playing the first round. Id say that isn't bad considering. Sucks for those kids though. I feel for them.

Never should have had four reg season games canceled. Most of the cancellations were out of extreme, extreme caution. I’ve yet to hear of anyone from a player or coach perspective even having any extreme symptoms. Or symptoms at all.

SALT

My wife's district went back full time for those who chose the in person option. Already shut down two elementary schools for 2 weeks due to staff and student infection. It's not fear it is reality.

I teach virtually and I still got tested yesterday because of my symptoms, my doctor said to go. It doesn't where it happens. Just that it happens. My daughter goes 5 days a week and she had to quarantine once already this year. Reason, there was a student who went and got tested (not tell anyone) and still went to school and then found out she was positive.

My wife's district went back full time for those who chose the in person option. Already shut down two elementary schools for 2 weeks due to staff and student infection. It's not fear it is reality.
What you described is over reaction. No one ever said the virus was going away. Every private school in Cincinnati has been back in-person since Labor Day. All is well.

There was a high school football game on ESPN2 tonight with a packed house. A glorious sight to see.

Those fans who CHOSE to attend that game were more likely to die driving to the game than they were of the China virus.

People who want to flaunt their virtue, mask up for the cameras, and hide under their covers certainly have the right to do so. They don’t have the right to force everyone else to live that way.

There was a high school football game on ESPN2 tonight with a packed house. A glorious sight to see.

Those fans who CHOSE to attend that game were more likely to die driving to the game than they were of the China virus.

People who want to flaunt their virtue, mask up for the cameras, and hide under their covers certainly have the right to do so. They don’t have the right to force everyone else to live that way.
Complains about “flaunting”

“oh it was so nice to see a potential superspreader event on TV”

Complains about “flaunting”

“oh it was so nice to see a potential superspreader event on TV”
And even if your “potential” doomsday scenario occurs it will result in less than 1 percent of those infected even developing symptoms.

No one forced those fans to attend and no one is forcing you to leave your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.