How long will Upper Arlington's reign last?

XdesIDtrans

Upper Arlington seems to be on a power run and blowing away any other team the last couple years and, from the looks of it, that doesn't look like it will change any time soon. Will Upper Arlington turn into the dynasty that X has in boys swimming? Thoughts?

Here's what the Dispatch had on UA's latest title.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...e_24.ART_ART_02-24-08_C7_3R9ES17.html?sid=101

Division I girls
Upper Arlington built on its strong opening night and rolled to an easy win in Division I.

The Golden Bears finished with a meet-record 449 points, easily outscoring Cincinnati Ursuline (222) to win their fourth straight championship. They also set another state and meet record with a time of 1:35.08 in the 200 freestyle relay.

The final event was the 400 relay, and it was doubly special for senior Katie Chin. She has never lost this event here, and she had an added bonus -- her freshman sister, Abby, was on the squad.

"One of my mom's dream goals was to have me and my sister do the same relay at the end of states," Katie Chin said.

Senior Lindsay Lash of Westerville North won the 100 backstroke in 55.29 seconds, and Watterson's Gracie Finnegan won the 100 freestyle in 50.72, her second title in the meet.

Ashley Specht of Olentangy Liberty defended her title in the 100 breaststroke in 1:03.47.

How many times has St. Xavier been able to double the score of the second place team? I assume that there have been years when St. X blew the field away as well, but I'm wondering if that's as easy to do on the boys side as the girls.

Looks like UA may dominate in the other water sport as well.

From the Dispatch:
Water polo: Women's Ohio Cup
at Worthington High Schools Natatorium

Saturday Results:

Blue Division results
Sycamore 11, Worthington Kilbourne 3
Upper Arlington A 14, Sylvania 1
Upper Arlington 11, Worthington Kilbourne 0
Milford 9, Sycamore 7
Milford 15, Sylvania 9

Red Division results

Upper Arlington 'B' 6, Mason 5
Thomas Worthington 16, Mason 6
Napoleon 13, Upper Arlington 'B' 2

Sunday Results:

Ohio Cup
At Worthington

Worthington Kilbourne 7, Sylvania 5
Upper Arlington 10, Cincinnati Sycamore 4
Milford 12, Worthington Kilbourne 7
Upper Arlington 13, Milford 3
Thomas Worthington 6, Napoleon 6
Thomas Worthington 27, Upper Arlington ‘B’ 4

Championship
Upper Arlington 9, Napoleon 7

UA "A" outscored its opponents 67 to 15. That's pretty dominant.

Congrats to Medina-Highland's girl golfers who had 2 Freshman (McKinzie and Horvath) make all conference first team and another freshman (Steffas) making honorable mention and in doing great at the tournament. Good Luck at sectionals!