Hoover Vikings 2013

sport4life

Any thoughts on how the Vikings will look this year? They graduated a lot of talented players-most notably Iero. Will the remaining ones be able to fill in the gaps?

Won't miss a beat at QB, with Grandjean. Should have some size up front for a change. Overall, the talent is there, but can they put it together? I have a good feeling about this team....

How many starters does Hoover return?

How many players got good playing time that return?

Thank you

Won't miss a beat at QB, with Grandjean. Should have some size up front for a change. Overall, the talent is there, but can they put it together? I have a good feeling about this team....

Won't miss a beat at QB,with Grandjean?

Really,that's a strong statement to make.

I'm not surprised. Hoover are always pretty good at that position, and Grandjean is yet another good athlete. I expect Hoover to be good. McKinley and Hoover are the top 2 winningest Stark County Big-Boy football programs. Should be another great game between our two teams again in Memorial Stadium several weeks from now.

Won't miss a beat at QB,with Grandjean?

Really,that's a strong statement to make.

I think the statement isn't that strong to make. Many post-season honors and Div. 1 offers says there's an athlete ready to compete (only unfortunate thing is the move from DB and WR to QB.) Hertler always has his players ready. Will miss the X factor (Hogan) and his potential for run-backs!

I think the statement isn't that strong to make. Many post-season honors and Div. 1 offers says there's an athlete ready to compete (only unfortunate thing is the move from DB and WR to QB.) Hertler always has his players ready. Will miss the X factor (Hogan) and his potential for run-backs!

not so sure Grandjean will be moved from safety. Started there since his sophomore season and the position where hes getting college attencion, obviously a big piece of the defense. Typically coach Hertler has his QBs only play one way but i think an exception needs to be made in this case. I could see giving him a series off here and there defensively to get him some rest but i dont think you can completely remove him from that side of the ball.

Five returning starters/contributors on offense.
Nine returning starters/contributing players on defense.

Look for Grandjean to play safety on important downs/times in the game.
Also...he has been throwing it extremely well in 7 on 7's, so the statement someone made about not missing a beat with him at QB is spot-on.

This team will be exceptionally quick all over, and something tells me they just have that "it" factor that will make them very competitive.

Six to eight wins is the range I predict, with a shot at making the playoffs.

Also...he has been throwing it extremely well in 7 on 7's, so the statement someone made about not missing a beat with him at QB is spot-on.

This team will be exceptionally quick all over, and something tells me they just have that "it" factor that will make them very competitive.

this senior class has had the it factor since they were freshman.

7-8 wins and a playoff trip sound about right to me. the game at Avon Lake is going to be interesting.

I think 5 and maybe even 4 wins gets you into the playoffs in the new d1. Good luck this year(except week 2 of course).

Thank you very much,it's much appreciated.

Good luck this year except week four.:)

How big is hoover line this year?.

It depends on who wins the two-a-day battle for the open positions. The line could be potentially fairly big (240-270 range), but also could be fairly small but extremely quick (215-240 range). I would predict a combination of the two.

Hinderer is the only returning starter (240-250), so the offense will go as this line goes. There are some extremely strong, quick, and aggressive kids to step in, so I believe this line will gel quickly, and be very strong.

Dont have to have a big line nordonia played hoover in 2007 and had a good team and the line was quick like yours now.

Dont have to have a big line nordonia played hoover in 2007 and had a good team and the line was quick like yours now.

Thank you Brian-agree with you that quickness is as important as size. Will have to see how the line, receivers, running backs, LBs, and DBs step up this year to fill in the holes left by graduation and changing positions. New center as well with graduation of Johnson. Think this team had a good run as freshmen so should be used to working well together. Hope they can repeat that freshmen success this year! :)

Does anybody have any opinion as to who will be the next standout on this team? Will anyone step up and be the next Iero, Dahl, etc?

Can hertler stay out of gatsbys?

Let's keep this thread about the players and how this season is going/will go. Enough with the negative Hertler comments! Aren't you getting a little sick of yourself by now like everyone else is? You need a new hobby. Please commenters keep the talk about the players or what the coaches are doing this year ON THE FIELD. Don't let Heff ruin this thread like he has so many others.

I wasn't predicting a 7-3 record. Someone said 7-3 and in playoff contention, I was just saying that with nearly half the teams making the playoffs in D1, 7-3 is more than good enough to get in. After the last 2 years who knows what will happen in week 2? I don't know which game was tougher to watch last year as a Leopard fan, getting toyed with by Iero and the Vikings or getting shut out by Carrollton.

it will be more important than ever to earn a home playoff game, there will be some long road trips week 11.

Let's keep this thread about the players and how this season is going/will go. Enough with the negative Hertler comments! Aren't you getting a little sick of yourself by now like everyone else is? You need a new hobby. Please commenters keep the talk about the players or what the coaches are doing this year ON THE FIELD. Don't let Heff ruin this thread like he has so many others.

why don't I see you in the Massillon defense thread chastising 12346 for ruining that thread?

Btw, I need an answer to my question, will anybody be able to keep her hertler out of gatsby?