Hoover @ Louisville

y2h

Vikings come in off a disappointing loss, Louisville showed resiliancy in a comeback win despite the loss of their QB during the preseason. This will be a tough road test for the Vikings, we must step up to compete. Need more consistency from the run game and we have to make plays when they are there with the pass. On D the secondary has to step up and limit plays through the air which leads me to say again Grandjean needs more snaps on that side of the ball.

Hoping i eat alot of crow Friday night, itll mean we came home with a W. GO VIKINGS!

Our kicker and defense are pretty solid, the offense, not so much. So if we only score 14 points it will likely be 4 field goals and a safety. I'll be very disappointed if we have the same play calling/conservative approach as last week.

Louisville in a low scoring game.. Going to be a season where defense and the FG kicker is the strength of this team.

It also looks like Hoover has their own struggles on Offense this year.

Unfortunately with our offense, I think what we have seen thus far is going to be the plan as long as we keep winning, and its not going to produce alot of points...

Go Leps!!!

Will this game sellout? Will tickets be available at the gate?

I would have to put Louisville as a 7-10 favorite. They came from behind to beat a solid program in Canfield. Meanwhile Hoover despite an early TD mustered nothing on offense and defensively they only allowed 14 points but they did allow over 200 yds passing to Stow.

Heart says Hoover 20 Louisville 14
Head says Louisville 23 Hoover 13

FYI, Forecast is a low of 55 and dry so we will probably see low-mid 60's during game time.

Will this game sellout? Will tickets be available at the gate?

No I don't think so.
Yes there should be tickets at the gate, but the line will not be short.

You could drive by the louisville ticket office and pick some up on Weds or Thurs if you want.

No I don't think so.
Yes there should be tickets at the gate, but the line will not be short.

You could drive by the louisville ticket office and pick some up on Weds or Thurs if you want.

Thanks for the info.

Our kicker and defense are pretty solid, the offense, not so much. So if we only score 14 points it will likely be 4 field goals and a safety. I'll be very disappointed if we have the same play calling/conservative approach as last week.

Did our defense appear solid because of a really poor Canfield offense? I agree with your point on the kicker and offense, but waiting to see how we perform against NC first to draw a firm analysis of the defense. I think the D-line is solid, but the secondary, that is another story to be determined.

I would have to put Louisville as a 7-10 favorite. They came from behind to beat a solid program in Canfield. Meanwhile Hoover despite an early TD mustered nothing on offense and defensively they only allowed 14 points but they did allow over 200 yds passing to Stow.

Heart says Hoover 20 Louisville 14
Head says Louisville 23 Hoover 13

FYI, Forecast is a low of 55 and dry so we will probably see low-mid 60's during game time.

Canfield - Solid program? You did watch the game, right?

I think I'll be watching this one, thanks for the tickets heads up. I think Hoover squeaks by due to loss of Louisville starting QB. Gotta feel bad for that kid, hopefully he has a successful recovery.

Canfield - Solid program? You did watch the game, right?

Solid program, I'd have to agree. Solid program usually refers to how a school has done over a several year span. Now, solid team, that would refer to the here and now, and I'm not so sure how much of a solid team Canfield is this year.

Vikings come ready to play after last week's tough loss.
Hertler and staff have the boys ready to play.
It will be a grind out a game as both team's will play extremely hard.
I'm looking for a low scoring affair.

But in the end I like the Vikings 21-14
Hoover wins for the first time at Louisville since 2003
Hoover now has taken 3 out of the last 4
And y2h can eat some crow!!

Looking for a great atmosphere Friday see you all there

WOW. Thursday night. Not a post in almost a day in a half. Week one over and who cares about either program!!! I guess no one.

Not much to get excited about in the Ville these days - I remember a few years ago there would be hundreds of posts related to this matchup. I believe the Leopards are on a sinking Viking ship somewhere in the Baltic sea.

Vikings come in off a disappointing loss, Louisville showed resiliancy in a comeback win despite the loss of their QB during the preseason. This will be a tough road test for the Vikings, we must step up to compete. Need more consistency from the run game and we have to make plays when they are there with the pass. On D the secondary has to step up and limit plays through the air which leads me to say again Grandjean needs more snaps on that side of the ball.

Hoping i eat alot of crow Friday night, itll mean we came home with a W. GO VIKINGS!

Your D must limit plays in the Air? Hell, Demarco will already do that for you...

Vikings come ready to play after last week's tough loss.
Hertler and staff have the boys ready to play.
It will be a grind out a game as both team's will play extremely hard.
I'm looking for a low scoring affair.

But in the end I like the Vikings 21-14
Hoover wins for the first time at Louisville since 2003
Hoover now has taken 3 out of the last 4
And y2h can eat some crow!!

Looking for a great atmosphere Friday see you all there

have the crow in the crock pot and i'll be hungry after the game so hopefully the team will give me a reason to eat it :thumb:

GO VIKINGS!

Have to feel for the Vikings with 6 starters out. Thats tough. I know a couple years ago the injury bug hit Perry around the 5 th game. Next thing you know 11 guys were in street clothes and jerseys by week 8. Yikes.

I don't think we'll see anything like the blowouts of the last 2 years. Tonight is probably more like the first team to 20 wins.

Do you think either team can get to 20?
I think Hoover is most likely,but I say 14-7 or 3 Hoover.

wow its Friday and we are still on the first page, I wouldn't worry about this one being a sell out.

I am guessing the first team to 17 or 18 wins. I don't see both teams scoring in the 20's it will could one or the other, but not both.

Neither team is capable of scoring quickly. I like 9-7 Leps score someone else posted.

wow its Friday and we are still on the first page, I wouldn't worry about this one being a sell out.

I am guessing the first team to 17 or 18 wins. I don't see both teams scoring in the 20's it will could one or the other, but not both.

Neither team is capable of scoring quickly. I like 9-7 Leps score someone else posted.

I agree and how sad Louisville football has come to this, a predictable spread offense pioneered by Demarco, and barely good enough to score a touchdown.

Have to feel for the Vikings with 6 starters out. Thats tough. I know a couple years ago the injury bug hit Perry around the 5 th game. Next thing you know 11 guys were in street clothes and jerseys by week 8. Yikes.
Wonder if y2h knew that when he started his "Hoover is done" thread last Saturday.

Wonder if y2h knew that when he started his "Hoover is done" thread last Saturday.

i didn't actually start that thread for the record, i did comment on it out of frustration. injuries certainly hurt, especially in high school, but next man up has to step up. no one is going to feel sorry for us.

i thought the effort was good last week, it comes down to execution. if we can make a jump from last week we have a chance to go home happy, if not...

GO VIKINGS