Hoover at Dover 2/19

Pile Driver

Any predictions on this one? I’d think this will be a very competitive game and a good measuring stick for Dover as they enter the Federal League heavy Canton District.

Keys to a Dover win, hit your free throws and keep the Hoover freshman sensation under 20 points while whoever guards him,my guess Folkert stays out of foul trouble.

This is tough one. I think Hoover plays the better schedule and probably more tested, but Dover at home with some non conference "local" officials. I would give the edge to Dover, unless Harris goes off.

Don't know much about Hoover other than they are a younger team and has a really good freshman. Keys for Dover, make free throws, stay out of foul trouble and will Freeman be in the line up. I am sure Hoover has not seen a style of basketball Dover plays. Not overly exciting but it gets results. Finally, a good out of conference game to see where we stack up and get us ready for the tournament. I would rather play these types of games than the Max Hayes, John Adams and the out of conference games that really are not games. If Dover is going to stay D1, they need schedule more games like this and less of the cupcakes that do nothing but add to the win total

Dover wins it 44-37. Key as mentioned foul shooting Dover hit 80% Hoover 36%. Dover held the super freshman to 4 points and he has talent just gets out of control.
Side note Dover reserves finished 22-0 and have won 87 of the last 88 games. I don’t think anyone got closer than 15 this year with 2 freshmen leading the way.

Nice win for Dover. Game was chippy at times, but thankfully there was only the one technical.

Good luck in the tourney!!

Anyone know why Harris didn't play the 1st 13 min of the game? Not taking anything away from Dover's win, but that couldn't have helped the cause for Hoover very much.

Dover might be a State tournament team in D-2. Unfortunately they’ll win a game or 2 in D-1. They are good and well coached. Fed league is down a little this year but still real good. Good luck as the tournament approaches.

Heard Harris was out for discipline for missing practice/shoot around. I apologize if that's not accurate....it's just what I was told.

Heard Harris was out for discipline for missing practice/shoot around. I apologize if that's not accurate....it's just what I was told.

That looks like what it was.

According to the announcers he had a really poor attitude and looked to the stands for guidance, not to his coach. They surmised it was his dad, but who knows.

He’s definitely a great talent, but I fear if they don’t rein him in now it’s only going to get worse. I can say I’ve only seen him play 2 1/2 quarters but in that time he showed amazing flashes of athleticism (the goal tending was impressive) but also a lot of red flags with his attitude.

I’ll be watching this young man’s career closely and hope to see him be very successful and maximize his potential.

That looks like what it was.

According to the announcers he had a really poor attitude and looked to the stands for guidance, not to his coach. They surmised it was his dad, but who knows.

I've seen him all year and he doesn't have an attitude problem. He's young and the team had lost the previous 3 games...some frustration is inevitable.

I've seen him all year and he doesn't have an attitude problem. He's young and the team had lost the previous 3 games...some frustration is inevitable.
The back-to-back OT losses Fri & Sat to Jax & Copley had to take their toll on everyone on Hoover's team I would think.

Let’s not forget he’s a freshmen who’s team is clearly dependent on him playing phenomenal basketball every night for them to compete. He doesn’t have an attitude problem or anything he just has a lot of pressure on him and sometimes it gets the best of him. He has a great relationship with the coach who if you followed them all year can see he has taking to coaching very well. The two OT losses were gut wrenching for sure.

Too bad. All this horse shi@t in high sports is out of control. Only the best recruiters survive at some of this schools

Let’s not forget he’s a freshmen who’s team is clearly dependent on him playing phenomenal basketball every night for them to compete. He doesn’t have an attitude problem or anything he just has a lot of pressure on him and sometimes it gets the best of him. He has a great relationship with the coach who if you followed them all year can see he has taking to coaching very well. The two OT losses were gut wrenching for sure.

He is a freshman By year he is 16 going on 17 he is at best suppose to be a junior and at least a sophomore...