HOF project

Please be quiet and quit making stupid statements to make yourself look tough.
I almost always have a pocket knife or multi-tool on me, frequently more than one. I have carried an adult beverage into the state finals for over 20 years. I don't think either makes me look tough or an idiot, but I could be wrong.

At the state finals there are at least two unlocked gates and one unlocked door where an individual with a gun intent on doing harm would only have to overcome one unarmed (presumably minimum wage) security "guard." Maybe the "security" is not merely for show. Maybe they believe a yellow windbreaker has magic powers.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ever WENT to a major event in your life, outside of drunken trivia night with the rest of the gen-ed dropouts at the BW3 in Massillon, you'd know passing through security is typical at many events. You're getting "no reply" because your comment is "too stupid" to illicit replies.
I've never been wanded at PBTS.

Last edited:
Did you hear about all the terrible crime around the championships this weekend? People being robbed on the way to their cars? Roving gangs of thugs taking advantage of small town fans? Dope dealers offering drugs to junior high kids from Kirtland? Nope, me neither.

Great job by the Canton/HOF folks this past weekend, the stadium was nice, parking was a breeze, all the folks up there are very nice. Been there 4 times now (2001, 2002, 2009 and this past weekend) and those folks do a great job and I really can't say anything negative about the experience. Stadium is a lot nicer than when it was Fawcett.

Thanks to all the people that make this event possible from this grateful SWO football fan!

Went back to the state finals this year for the first time in about 10 years. I'm about a 3.5 hour drive away from Canton and had absolutely no dog in any of the fights. I will be returning for many years to come. The new stadium was first rate, parked right by the stadium for each game, workers were all extremely pleasant. My buddy and I had an absolute blast.

Great job by the Canton/HOF folks this past weekend, the stadium was nice, parking was a breeze, all the folks up there are very nice. Been there 4 times now (2001, 2002, 2009 and this past weekend) and those folks do a great job and I really can't say anything negative about the experience. Stadium is a lot nicer than when it was Fawcett.

Thanks to all the people that make this event possible from this grateful SWO football fan!
The stadium IS a lot nicer but it's because it's an NFL stadium. McKinley no longer has a stadium aND they use the NFL one. They have already been told that if they don't keep it nice they will be evicted.

Great job by the Canton/HOF folks this past weekend, the stadium was nice, parking was a breeze, all the folks up there are very nice. Been there 4 times now (2001, 2002, 2009 and this past weekend) and those folks do a great job and I really can't say anything negative about the experience. Stadium is a lot nicer than when it was Fawcett.Thanks to all the people that make this event possible from this grateful SWO football fan!

Classy response. Glad you had a great time.

Went back to the state finals this year for the first time in about 10 years. I'm about a 3.5 hour drive away from Canton and had absolutely no dog in any of the fights. I will be returning for many years to come. The new stadium was first rate, parked right by the stadium for each game, workers were all extremely pleasant. My buddy and I had an absolute blast.

Good to hear! It was a blast. Ive heard nothing but positive from people around the state. Canton hopes to be the site for many years to come.

The stadium IS a lot nicer but it's because it's an NFL stadium. McKinley no longer has a stadium aND they use the NFL one. They have already been told that if they don't keep it nice they will be evicted.
Just as you have already been told you will never win a title on the field. Since you are so big on ownership of Stadiums. Do you guys have a hospital yet? And has that Stadium you guys "own" helped you win a title in ANY division in ANY sport? I think not. Mck won 2 on your field so maybe PBTS is really Fawcett West and we are the real landlords. ??‍♂️

He can't criticize the event or the venue. The playoffs were hosted with great efficiency. Much improved over the past couple times. So he has to try to find a negative. The number of playoff games hosted by Massillon this equals their number of titles. That's a lot of butt hurt.

Just as you have already been told you will never win a title on the field. Since you are so big on ownership of Stadiums. Do you guys have a hospital yet? And has that Stadium you guys "own" helped you win a title in ANY division in ANY sport? I think not. Mck won 2 on your field so maybe PBTS is really Fawcett West and we are the real landlords. ??‍♂️
Better try beating us on your field before you make wild claims.

Massillon is 2-0 vs the puppies there. Massillon has played 4 games there, each game the stadium was packed, (despite the ever growing possibility of crime in Canton). McKinley can't even fill a section when Massillon isnt in the header. Btw, when we played our regular season finale there this year, it was overcast, so thank you to whoever paid the $38,000 electric bill that was months behind.

Last edited:
Hall of Fame and Gordon Pointe were to close their deal with shareholder voting as of March 30, 2020., now has had an amendment entered....".As previously disclosed, on March 10, 2020, GPAQ and HOFV entered into an amendment to the definitive Merger Agreement to merge HOF Village Newco, LLC, a subsidiary of HOFV that will hold all of HOFV's operations, with and into GPAQ Acquisition Holdings, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of GPAQ ("Holdings")."....the next probable missed target date is early May 2020

Here is the complete article

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...mbination-with-hof-village-llc-301027725.html

Update 4/21/20
Ahead of schedule of a July 1st opening date.
Frank 'Turk' Alberta Locker Room II
Frank is a Bulldog legend, he was an assistant coach and scout in both football (assistant coach 13 years) and basketball (assistant coach 20 years) for Canton McKinley since 1949.
He retired to become equipment manager in 1968 and remained in place until 1996. A native of Washington Pennsylvania, he was an athletic standout in football and basketball at Muskingum College. In 1940 he entered the Army and was a sergeant in the Medical Corps during World War II.
He served as head coach in football, basketball and baseball at New Concord High School for four years before coming to McKinley and had 32 years being an educator under his belt. He was inducted into the Ohio High School Coaches Hall of Fame in 1988 and is in Muskingum College Hall of Fame.

The $5.2 million center is scheduled to be finished by July 1, 2020.

Among the features are:

• Freshmen locker room
  • Varsity locker room
  • Weight room
  • Coaches locker room
  • Coaches offices
  • Meeting rooms
  • Spring/fall sports locker rooms
  • Kitchenette
  • High density storage
  • Commercial laundry facility
  • Training room
The operations center will be built by Johnson Controls Hall of Fame Village.

Attachments

• IMG_4682.jpg
    IMG_4682.jpg
    828.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4686.jpg
    IMG_4686.jpg
    683.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4684.jpg
    IMG_4684.jpg
    522.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4683.jpg
    IMG_4683.jpg
    793 KB · Views: 35
  • 82525921_2709748259080957_3787186283395153920_n.jpg
    82525921_2709748259080957_3787186283395153920_n.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 65155109_2296584433730677_7363274709443543040_n.jpg
    65155109_2296584433730677_7363274709443543040_n.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 53287744_2112064745515981_3079675676479979520_o.jpg
    53287744_2112064745515981_3079675676479979520_o.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 38
When will Canton City school board put back the Memorial bricks that individuals paid for. These bricks were placed around stadium entrances. We had a large one placed at the old main gate....now nothing. Answeres are due to those thousands who bought these in memory of individuals who have such great impact on the Canton City school district.

The bricks are on the west side of the stadium as you walk in on a wall with all four high schools.

Never going to happen

I don't know why not; they only have a suite here....
(It's about 8 miles East of Philadelphia)

NFL Alumni Association
3000 Midlantic Drive,
Suite 100, Mount Laurel,
New Jersey, 08054

NFLAA website...

:>---

SALT

The Baseball Hall of Fame cancelled their induction for this summer. Will the Football Hall follow suit with the ceremony scheduled for a week later?

The Baseball Hall of Fame cancelled their induction for this summer. Will the Football Hall follow suit with the ceremony scheduled for a week later?
They will probably postpone it and try to do it during the centennial celebration they have planned Sept 17-19.