Hiland Vs St Henry D4 State Semi Final

Hawks or Redskins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Im going with Hiland in this one but it will be a lot different than their last couple game. Looking forward to watching it!

Officials may determine this one. Physical play-advantage St Henry.

Fouls being called early- advantage Berlin.

This should be one of the better semi final matchups.

Officials may determine this one. Physical play-advantage St Henry.

Fouls being called early- advantage Berlin.

This should be one of the better semi final matchups.

Hiland has relied on physical play and Refs not calling Ticky tacks all season. Sounds like the teams are mirror images of each other.

I have heard that SH is an extremely physical team. While Hiland does not have a football program they play extremely physical defense. Do a great job with ball pressure and knocking down cutters. Ill be curious to see how they do against another physical team and if they will give it right back

Hiland 22 St. Henry 20

Sloppy D and two travels down the stretch in the second for the Redskins. Got to clean up our play and play a more fundamental second half.

End of 3rd
Berlin Hiland 37
St. Henry 36

Back and forth game no one wants to pull away. Very tight game.

This game went about like I thought. Nip and tuck and one team got hot late and that was Hiland. A lot of talk about Hilands weak conference and Region got answered.

Hiland is a good ball club. Very well coached. As for the weak regional talk, Hiland can be good and come from a weak regional these two things are not mutually exclusive. Proud of this skins team to make a run to state after losing a really good senior class last year that lost in regionals to eventual state champs Marion Local. We should be back in a couple of years.

Hiland is a good ball club. Very well coached. As for the weak regional talk, Hiland can be good and come from a weak regional these two things are not mutually exclusive. Proud of this skins team to make a run to state after losing a really good senior class last year that lost in regionals to eventual state champs Marion Local. We should be back in a couple of years.

Of all the teams Hiland has played over the recent years St. Henry might be the team that Mirrors Hiland the most. From coaching, to the passionate fans, to the physical play, right down to having a similar offensive system. I’d like to say I loved watching the Center from St. Henry play. With his size going outside the 3 point line and shooting like Steph Curry was pretty entertaining.

Both teams play great defense so I think it will come down to the 4th quarter and who can hit a couple 3s and make a run.

Thats pretty good. Game was a butt puckerer until Kendall Hochstetler busted back to back 3s and that gave Hiland that little spurt and breathing room.

Hiland had a lot of turnovers but they played well enough on defense to somewhat negate it.

I thought Jared Raber's play was huge. 7 big points and some rebounds and got to 50-50 balls. Hiland's depth seemed to help them spurt down the stretch of the 2nd and 4th qtrs.

4 really good teams in D4 and 2 really good games.

I think St. Henry was out coached today. Why pull your three starters out when you are ahead 9? BH went on a 12-2 run.

And no zone? Redskins were getting killed on the baseline. Thoughts?

Coach Schlabach has done that to a lot of coaches. There are years he doesn't have the horses. Interesting that I thought this was going to be one of those years - not that they would be terrible, but more that they wouldn't be playing tomorrow. What they lack in size and talent they make up for with effort and togetherness.

But I think today's game came down to Hiland getting that one spurt. One kid makes a couple 3s and the Redskin's shots don't fall. Not sure that has much to do with coaching. Hiland was sagging to not get killed in the paint so SH had open shots.

One thing I think Coach S does that I rarely see any coach try to counter is how he uses depth as a weapon. It shows up late in qtrs and games when Hiland kids are a little or a lot fresher. FWIW.