Heisman

cjb5656

Jayden Daniels. Great numbers, but feasted on terrible SEC defenses and couldn’t elevate his own team in a down year in the SEC.

Penix should have won, but I guess too many of his games were past the voters bedtimes.

Jayden Daniels. Great numbers, but feasted on terrible SEC defenses and couldn’t elevate his own team in a down year in the SEC.

Penix should have won, but I guess too many of his games were past the voters bedtimes.
Lost to FSU by 21 and that's after a late garbage TD against backups. Yards are better because of that. Qbr 76.8.

Lucky for him he feasted on worse defenses in the sec this year.

3 losses too

Jordan Travis should have won as MVP of the nation for keeping a 13-0 team out of playoffs because of his injury

That and he’s a senior citizen. I’d hope during his 6th year he was better than 99% of college football. I mean hell he’s one of like seven players in college football with a fully developed frontal cortex. In fact that goes for 3 of the 4 finalists.

That and he’s a senior citizen. I’d hope during his 6th year he was better than 99% of college football. I mean hell he’s one of like seven players in college football with a fully developed frontal cortex. In fact that goes for 3 of the 4 finalists.
Yep. All the QBs were old farts. Only Harrison was in the normal age window.

I thought it would be/should be Penix as well. Was very perplexed by Daniels winning.

I thought it would be/should be Penix as well. Was very perplexed by Daniels winning.
ESPN has been shamelessly pimping the SEC extra hard late in the season when it looked like a possibility of the SEC taking a backseat this season. I think it seeps in when it’s heard enough. I was watching SEC games all year too and seeing a down year, but ESPN will never allow that public perception to take hold.

Probably it's my own lowering interest but doesn't seem like there's been as much hoopla about the award this year. It is so QB centric anymore, it's not interesting.
Had to do a double check. Only 3 non quarterbacks in the 21st century to win the Heisman. All Bama players- Smith, Ingram and Henry. Last QB to win the Heisman and make the HOF? Roger Staubach in 63
I think the Heisman hoopla has died down due to the playoffs. Conference championships late in the year dictating who did and didn't make the ' ship. That's definitely more interesting and important compared to who are the finalist for an individual award

17 of his 50 TDs came against Georgia State, Army, and Grambling State. I get that in large part this is a QB-centric stats award, but he had a lot of fluff stats and didn't really make an impact on winning. Mizzou was the only kind of good win on his team's resume.

ESPN has been shamelessly pimping the SEC extra hard late in the season when it looked like a possibility of the SEC taking a backseat this season. I think it seeps in when it’s heard enough. I was watching SEC games all year too and seeing a down year, but ESPN will never allow that public perception to take hold.
Agree.

It is awful enough that we have the Wild West in NIL and transfer portal but now we have two whales pimping their brand in FOX/B10 vs SEC/ESPN.