Head Baseball Job Openings?

Will Fenwick go after the Franklin coach this time around or promote a Fenwick asst with Falcon ties?

Must have been small candidate pool at Dublin Jerome. Hiring a guy who was non-renewed at another school in the district? 3 years and no winning record?
What am I missing here?
Got quite a few private messages on this one

Dublin is going to Dublin!

Wow! Best season they’ve had in years and their coach seemed to have them moving in the right direction. Is he taking an open job somewhere, perhaps with better support to compete?
He was offered 5 jobs two days after he resign. Turn all down going to be a dad and a father for awhile. He also wanted a raise to be closer to what other coaches at the school was making and was told no . And he knows they have legit talent within the program if the kids stay in the district

He was offered 5 jobs two days after he resign. Turn all down going to be a dad and a father for awhile. He also wanted a raise to be closer to what other coaches at the school was making and was told no . And he knows they have legit talent within the program if the kids stay in the district
I also meant Husband. He has 3 children all under 7 and the 4 is on its way .

I also meant Husband. He has 3 children all under 7 and the 4 is on its way .
I figured that’s what you meant. Princeton seems like they’ve had a line of well intentioned coaches who were looking to build that program yet all of them, if they would have been able to do so, never stayed long enough to accomplish the feat. Maybe they just realized they didn’t have the support to make it happen? It’s a shame for those kids because it’s hard to see someone else being such a great fit for that program.

I also thought he would’ve been a great fit at St. X if they went in another direction especially since if I’m not mistaken, he was an assistant there for several of their recent successful seasons before this past year’s coaching change and downturn. Maybe that was one of the jobs he was offered (unofficially of course).

In any event, if you’re correct, at least he’ll be able to spend more time with folks who will appreciate him.

The district is dying. There is Great baseball fields in Springdale Sharonville Evendale that are never being used. I know the better players are playing select on weekends and knothole baseball is a thing of the past. My girlfriend son told me he wanted to play football for Princeton but baseball for Fairfield if I could work it out . He is better at baseball but I believe in letting the kids play multiple sports. Football coach don’t like him leaving early from summer camp but he is baseball player first and a football player 2nd and he gives 100% to both sports . Hell last night a 8 pm he asked take me to Becket ridge hill I missed Friday runs up the hill for football got to get them in so gues where I was for 2 hours .
Dedicated kid, props for getting the work in

I figured that’s what you meant. Princeton seems like they’ve had a line of well intentioned coaches who were looking to build that program yet all of them, if they would have been able to do so, never stayed long enough to accomplish the feat. Maybe they just realized they didn’t have the support to make it happen? It’s a shame for those kids because it’s hard to see someone else being such a great fit for that program.

I also thought he would’ve been a great fit at St. X if they went in another direction especially since if I’m not mistaken, he was an assistant there for several of their recent successful seasons before this past year’s coaching change and downturn. Maybe that was one of the jobs he was offered (unofficially of course).

In any event, if you’re correct, at least he’ll be able to spend more time with folks who will appreciate him.
Pretty sure that downturn at X started in 2022 under the previous coaching staff. One of the many sub .500 or around .500 for the Bombers during their coaching stint(2014-22). Why do we keep banging that drum?

Pretty sure that downturn at X started in 2022 under the previous coaching staff. One of the many sub .500 or around .500 for the Bombers during their coaching stint(2014-22). Why do we keep banging that drum?
Maybe the drum is banging because that team won league titles in 3 of the 4 played seasons before 2022, two outright and one shared, while going 8-4 versus Moeller in that span. 2022 was a season without a D1 kid. It happens. This year with more talent they clearly regressed. Since I doubt they could convince the previous head coach to return, bringing the former assistant back after a successful stint at Princeton would seem to be a home run hire - if you could convince him.

Maybe the drum is banging because that team won league titles in 3 of the 4 played seasons before 2022, two outright and one shared, while going 8-4 versus Moeller in that span. 2022 was a season without a D1 kid. It happens. This year with more talent they clearly regressed. Since I doubt they could convince the previous head coach to return, bringing the former assistant back after a successful stint at Princeton would seem to be a home run hire - if you could convince him.
I truly cannot understand the comparison to Moeller. There is none, period, regardless of your record against them for a short period of time. There is a single program that can be mentioned in the same thought as the Crusaders and they wear purple. While going 8-4 against mighty Moe the Bombers played in exactly two regionals and zero final fours-no comparison. My goodness Sparky.

Cardinal HS/MS (Middlefield) is seeking highly qualified and experienced coaches for the positions listed below. Coaching experience at the high school or middle school level is preferred. Interested candidates should contact jimmy.soltis@cardinalschools.org.
Boys Baseball - Varsity Head Coach

I truly cannot understand the comparison to Moeller. There is none, period, regardless of your record against them for a short period of time. There is a single program that can be mentioned in the same thought as the Crusaders and they wear purple. While going 8-4 against mighty Moe the Bombers played in exactly two regionals and zero final fours-no comparison. My goodness Sparky.
Better to go 0-3 like this year under the new coach with each of those losses by at least five runs?

Better to go 0-3 like this year under the new coach with each of those losses by at least five runs?
We could go on all year but I believe the previous regime went 0 for the gcl south one season. If you’re a Bomber supporter get behind the guy and give him a chance

We could go on all year but I believe the previous regime went 0 for the gcl south one season. If you’re a Bomber supporter get behind the guy and give him a chance
The guy has had chances. Plural. He had a major role as an assistant in the era that ended with a 17-0 tourney loss, prompting that administration to understand that a major rebuild was required. The Bombers did rebuild (you even referenced its difficulty) and were getting the better of that Moeller program that had drubbed them. Then Moeller showed a commitment to baseball with a new turf facility, and St. X, despite talking about it for years, didn’t. It culminated in the Bombers having to travel to Moeller for all three meetings in 2022 since the turf was playable and the Bombers’ home wasn’t, the resignation of the coach who had rebuilt the program, and the prolonged coaching search that ended with a hire that just finished a season during which the Bombers clearly regressed IN season.

The longer they wait to move on, the longer the next rebuild will likely take and the more the administration shows they don’t care about baseball.

If St. X was one of the jobs DePeal supposedly declined, it would at least show the school cares a bit about the program.

If you’re a Bomber supporter, get the RIGHT guy and give him and the program the support to have the greatest success possible.

Taylor has officially posted opened up

(as a guy with an incoming freshmen who is a baseball kid , and a Brand new AD I really hope they get the right guy in place)

Any urban school in America is hiring! Not surprised to see none mentioned unless you consider Princeton an urban school but no inner city schools. So much inequality in baseball, have and have nots.

Big Walnut Head coaching job is open.

Stafford approved as the next baseball coach at Big Walnut High School​

Mike Stafford, a former minor league baseball player and All-Big Ten selection for Ohio State, has been approved as the new head baseball coach at Big Walnut High School by the Board of Education on August 17, 2023. Stafford has previously worked as a coach at Ball State University, Ohio State University, and the Columbus Clippers. He resides within the Big Walnut community with his wife Chelsea. A meet-the-coach night will be scheduled in early September.​

We are very fortunate to hire a coach with Stafford’s wealth of experience. During the interview process, Stafford stated that it is time for him to give back to the sport of baseball and his community after spending the majority of his career and the collegiate level and professional level.​

1693012690965.png