Has Canton McKinley ever had a 0 - 10 season ??

IUDOGS

It's September 09, 2022

Has Canton McKinley ever had a 0 - 10 season ??

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Massillon played McK two times the next year to help them out
Canton CC played the Pups in ‘63 as well. CC’s coach at the time was hoping to show his program was at the Pups’ level. The plan backfired. Pups won 36-8 and beat them 5 more years in a row (CC never scored more than 8 pts. in any of those 6 meetings) before the series went away until the mid-‘80s.

Canton CC played the Pups in ‘63 as well. CC’s coach at the time was hoping to show his program was at the Pups’ level. The plan backfired. Pups won 36-8 and beat them 5 more years in a row (CC never scored more than 8 pts. in any of those 6 meetings) before the series went away until the mid-‘80s.
So they did not play when Alan Page was at CCC?

Hoover is 3-1 but look at the teams they beat and even the team they got trounced by has lost 33-0 and 37-7 the past 2 weeks. I do not see Hoover as a favorite going into Tom Benson next friday as things are now.

Green needed a 2 point conversion to beat Jackson.

McKinley could lose the next 4 games and be 0-8 going into GlenOak or they could very well 4-0 in those games too. I see 2 or 3 wins as most likely though.

So they did not play when Alan Page was at CCC?
Correct. Page graduated the spring before the teams' 1st meeting. So far, the 16 McK-CCC meetings have spanned 1963-1998.

1963: McK 36-8
1964: McK 27-6
1965: McK 15-8
1966: McK 50-6
1967: McK 44-6
1968: McK 7-6
1985: McK 19-9
1986: McK 26-23
1988: CCC 9-6
1992: McK 27-7
1993: McK 27-0
1994: McK 21-14 OT
1995: McK 13-7 OT
1996: McK 14-0
1997: McK 51-12
1998: McK 31-14

Like I said before, a couple plays here or there in a Federal League game is the difference between 1-6 and 6-1 league record.

Now Hoover's schedule is as soft as a pillow, but they did beat those teams like they should have.

Glenoak and McKinley both got smacked by Fitch so who knows.

Why'd the get the Death Penalty in 62?
Someone else may have already answered, but I don't know because I have so many people on my ignore list anymore.

The attached article and editorial from the same day's Massillon paper (Oct. 16, 1961) summarize the situation well enough. Lower courts sided with McKinley and eventually issued an injunction to block the OHSAA's decision to suspend McKinley football for the '62 season. However, the Ohio Supreme Court ultimately ruled in the OHSAA's favor in the spring of '62.

Attachments

• McKinley Recruiting Article.jpg
    McKinley Recruiting Article.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Editorial.jpg
    Editorial.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 24
I said Mckinley won't go winless, and I really don't think they will, but after watching the Perry/McKinley replay on BTS last night....WOW....I could be wrong. After the way GO hung with Lake....IDK.

Someone else may have already answered, but I don't know because I have so many people on my ignore list anymore.

The attached article and editorial from the same day's Massillon paper (Oct. 16, 1961) summarize the situation well enough. Lower courts sided with McKinley and eventually issued an injunction to block the OHSAA's decision to suspend McKinley football for the '62 season. However, the Ohio Supreme Court ultimately ruled in the OHSAA's favor in the spring of '62.
Some bases of fact the guy says. The OHSAA should erase this from the record books for what goes on in todays world of highschool football.