Harvest Prep (9-1) vs Fisher Catholic (8-2)

The Dock

Persona Non Grata
It is a privilege to make the playoffs, to play ten games with no season-ending injuries and to put on a season to remember for your fans and community. Congrats to both teams for making it this far.

Last time these two met, it was 12-0 HP. Old conference foes re-unite. Two teams that absolutely love to run the ball.

Good luck and good health to both teams. May come down to whoever has the ball last.

Fisher don't stand a chance. Only time this game is close is before the kickoff which is a shame i like f.c. and will be rooting for them.

Good morning. It’s finally here. Good luck and good health to both teams; it’ll be a dawg fight.

37-7 HP

If you can feel disappointment, then you have the capability to be grateful and the choice to be appreciative. I look at this, and I tell myself how much of a pleasure it’s been to follow this team. Get to talk to the kids, the parents and coaches you’ve known for a long time, it’s a blast. Harvest Prep will probably take the region by storm. It was a good year. I’ll look back and have fond memories of this season. Thanks again, coaches and boys. See some of you in basketball, others baseball and track. <smile>

Going forward and looking more generally: back-to-back playoff berths isn’t winning a state title nor is it winning a conference slate against larger “name-brand” schools... but it’s also not nothing. You look at a program that entered this decade with a really dubious and horrifying season in 2010 (coach gets fired in week 7, team is featured in the “Battle of the Defeated” NBC4 promo in week 10), new coach in 2011 that has the program more athletic and involved but can’t get it generally more competitive... in no small part to then-declining enrollment in the face of D2-D5 league competition being at their epochs. Fast forward to 2015, and there’s a coaching change in August(?!?!). Several really hard breaks that year for a team that could’ve made playoffs. Now there’s some years this decade where it was a struggle, but this FC program has gotten themselves in the right direction with two straight positions of course

Good year, at times great year, for the Irish. Congrats to the boys!
IMO they showed they belonged on the field with Lucas and HP. They were fun to watch all year. They lost both of those "big" games handily on the scoreboard, but they were not physically embarrassed or outclassed - they were physically competitive and simply lost to better teams. Worthington Christian game was the only clunker in the bunch; scoreboard competitive to another PO team, but FC simply didn't show up with the same drive on that Saturday morning!

Posting in another thread about future.
For here, simply: Go Irish - and find some bodies who want to play football!

Last edited: